Weekly Off-Topic Thread #238

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #238

Well, it's been a fun day, got back from the hospital a few hours ago. Apearantly I went and got me a touch of pnuemonia (musta been bored).

Managed to go the last three years of my wifes career without catching any of the various crap she brings home from her students, but back on the 21st, a mere four days before her retirement, I got caught. Started with a sore throat, went to the sinuses, and then to the lungs. She got over hers after about 5 days, but it's been kickin' my butt since. This morning, my wife came into the livingroom, she thought I was sleeping on the couch because she heard me snoring, only problem was I was wide awake just gurgling and wheezing, so she made me go to the doctor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 16 of 24
Expert

Computer-Joe...sorry to hear that you're sick but look at it this way...now that your wife's retired or just about retired, she'll have a lot more time to spend with you and take care of you. Play it up!!  Smiley Tongue Glad she made you go to the doctor, anyway. Feel better!! Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 17 of 24

Dcookie wrote:

Computer-Joe...sorry to hear that you're sick but look at it this way...now that your wife's retired or just about retired, she'll have a lot more time to spend with you and take care of you. Play it up!!  Smiley Tongue Glad she made you go to the doctor, anyway. Feel better!! Smiley Happy

Yup, that's what I was afraid of.Smiley Wink

Ya, she made me go. "Quit laying around the house moaning and groaning and go to the doctor...  and pick me up some McDonalds on your way home."Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 18 of 24
Expert

Hope you feel better soon, CJ!

Message 19 of 24
Expert

Wow, CJ, glad you caught it before it got worse!  Stress and changes in life can compromise the immune system, so that probably was a factor for both of you. Smiley Sad  Get well quick!

Message 20 of 24
Expert

OU, congrats on the new house!  You're going to LOVE the quiet and not having to fight for a parking space.  The yard will be nice for your kid...get ready to build a playset, get a sandbox with a lid, an inflatable wading pool...  Smiley Wink

Assume you will have UV at your new place?  Will you lose any perks?

oufanindallas wrote:

Signed the final change orders on our new house yesterday.  Building can resume middle of next week. Should be closing towards the end of July. Will be so nice to get out of apartments and give my 3yo a yard to play in.

Message 21 of 24

spd2demun wrote:

Wow, CJ, glad you caught it before it got worse!  Stress and changes in life can compromise the immune system, so that probably was a factor for both of you. Smiley Sad  Get well quick!

Yah, idiocy helps a lot to, being a fourty year smoker.Smiley Wink

Thanks for thoughts guys.Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 24
Expert

Computer-Joe wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

Yup, that's what I was afraid of.Smiley Wink

Ya, she made me go. "Quit laying around the house moaning and groaning and go to the doctor...  and pick me up some McDonalds on your way home."Smiley Very Happy

Yep, there's always a method to our madness. Smiley Tongue Hope you get better soon. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 23 of 24
Highlighted
Employee

CJ glad you went to the DR and now you are not keeping the little lady up all night. Get well quickly.  

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support