Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 30, 2012
3:11:21 AM
View profile
Weekly Off-Topic Thread #230

I though I would get this started before Saturday this week. Smiley Very Happy

Hope everybody is enjoying the warm weather.

I though I would get this started before Saturday this week. Smiley Very Happy

Hope everybody is enjoying the warm weather.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Weekly Off-Topic Thread #230

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 3:19:07 PM
(0)
Expert

Thanks, guess we're mostly busy, or forgetful these days. Smiley Sad

I've been trying to find replacement door knobs to match old ones in house; a few doors are getting replaced, so want them to match.  Apparently, Dexter has been bought out by Schlage; but the Schlage ones do not match the finish even close.  Looking for antique brass.

Anyone here use the lever type door handles?  Do you like them?  I'm looking at that option, and planning for the future when I'm disabled. Smiley Sad 

Thanks, guess we're mostly busy, or forgetful these days. Smiley Sad

I've been trying to find replacement door knobs to match old ones in house; a few doors are getting replaced, so want them to match.  Apparently, Dexter has been bought out by Schlage; but the Schlage ones do not match the finish even close.  Looking for antique brass.

Anyone here use the lever type door handles?  Do you like them?  I'm looking at that option, and planning for the future when I'm disabled. Smiley Sad 

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #230

2 of 21 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 4:20:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Our weather hasn't been as warm as it was, but the milder weather is still very welcomed.  We have a couple of more days coming with tempe near and at 70 degrees.  But it was a nice preview of coming temps though.

Our weather hasn't been as warm as it was, but the milder weather is still very welcomed.  We have a couple of more days coming with tempe near and at 70 degrees.  But it was a nice preview of coming temps though.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 21 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 4:24:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

Man do I love my guard cat. If your wondering, it's a Norwegian Forest Cat and when he get into the mode that he thinks he's in the forest again, it's bad for a burglar. He has a big cat tree that's in the front room(right behind a window that he can see at). Has to deal with an 8 year old chihuahua that hides under the blanket and barks a lot. 

Man do I love my guard cat. If your wondering, it's a Norwegian Forest Cat and when he get into the mode that he thinks he's in the forest again, it's bad for a burglar. He has a big cat tree that's in the front room(right behind a window that he can see at). Has to deal with an 8 year old chihuahua that hides under the blanket and barks a lot. 

4 of 21 (374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 4:34:50 PM
(0)
Expert

They are big!  I have read that burglars are glad cats don't make noise because they hear/see them before dogs do!

Welcome to the forum, and another animal person.  Feel free to post photos of your furkids. Smiley Wink

They are big!  I have read that burglars are glad cats don't make noise because they hear/see them before dogs do!

Welcome to the forum, and another animal person.  Feel free to post photos of your furkids. Smiley Wink

5 of 21 (371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 4:34:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Here spd....this is one for you.  New printer technition.Smiley Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq_r-gOvzqE

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Here spd....this is one for you.  New printer technition.Smiley Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq_r-gOvzqE

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 21 (374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 4:39:24 PM
(0)
Expert

LOL, smart girl, and better than a human tech!

Jackie does not like my printer.  When it goes on to print, she comes running up from nowhere to the desk and starts sticking her hand in the paper feed!

Betsy sleeps on the printer (all-in-one) and is constantly printing diagnostics that I can't even get the software to do!

I've found that when my printer won't print remotely, it's because Betsy has turned it off!  Catkids, too funny!

LOL, smart girl, and better than a human tech!

Jackie does not like my printer.  When it goes on to print, she comes running up from nowhere to the desk and starts sticking her hand in the paper feed!

Betsy sleeps on the printer (all-in-one) and is constantly printing diagnostics that I can't even get the software to do!

I've found that when my printer won't print remotely, it's because Betsy has turned it off!  Catkids, too funny!

7 of 21 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 4:48:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If the cat had thumbs it could have checked for a paper jam.Smiley Tongue

If the cat had thumbs it could have checked for a paper jam.Smiley Tongue

8 of 21 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 4:58:29 PM
(0)
Expert

They have thumbs, just not opposable ones. Smiley Very Happy

Polydactyls can have 6-7 cat fingers, instead of the usual 5. Smiley Wink

9 of 21 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 5:06:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

My parents got 2 Norwegian Forest cats after they saw mine. My dad was looking at several breeds and wasn't all that sure until he saw Toby. Got one of the breeders first Torbies and a Bi-color. 

My parents got 2 Norwegian Forest cats after they saw mine. My dad was looking at several breeds and wasn't all that sure until he saw Toby. Got one of the breeders first Torbies and a Bi-color. 

10 of 21 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 5:13:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

spd2demun wrote:

That is the word I couldn't think of. 

spd2demun wrote:

11 of 21 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 5:27:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

RCSMG wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Well I do know, that the wood on the door of the cabinet is so light, the cat let's himself in so he can rest.

RCSMG wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Well I do know, that the wood on the door of the cabinet is so light, the cat let's himself in so he can rest.

12 of 21 (374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 6:19:31 PM
(0)
Expert

Yeah, they're pretty good at getting things open. Smiley Very Happy

@Pbert35, thanks for the photos, all beautiful!  Yours is the 1st photo?

Our cat, Jackie, has tons of fur between her fingers/toes like that; in fact, she broke a canine when running because she has no brakes!  We call her long feet fur, toe-hawks (like mohawk). Smiley Very Happy

Our cat, Jackie, has tons of fur between her fingers/toes like that; in fact, she broke a canine when running because she has no brakes!  We call her long feet fur, toe-hawks (like mohawk). Smiley Very Happy

13 of 21 (368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 10:02:12 PM
(0)
Employee

I see your cats have a good well trained human for a pet. Smiley Very Happy  

I see your cats have a good well trained human for a pet. Smiley Very Happy  

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

14 of 21 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2012 9:23:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

spd2demun wrote:

Yes, the first photo is my cat, Toby.  The other 2 are my parents Weigies, Belle and Smudge. BTW, fur in paw is known as Toe trimmings. It helps on making the cat all weather(mostly cold weather). Toby considers himself the King of the apartment, so I had to make a crown.

spd2demun wrote:

Yes, the first photo is my cat, Toby.  The other 2 are my parents Weigies, Belle and Smudge. BTW, fur in paw is known as Toe trimmings. It helps on making the cat all weather(mostly cold weather). Toby considers himself the King of the apartment, so I had to make a crown.

15 of 21 (352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2012 10:36:51 AM
(0)
Expert

I was going to ask about the crown, LOL!  And I learned something about cats I never knew, what long toe fur is called.

I'll have to find a photo of Jackie's furry feet, maybe she is part NF Cat?  All of mine are rescues. Smiley Sad

Have a question, does your cat get kinda gagged when trying to groom?  Jackie's fur is so long, it gets stuck on her tongue and she has trouble getting it un-stuck.  I've never had a cat with that problem before.

I was going to ask about the crown, LOL!  And I learned something about cats I never knew, what long toe fur is called.

I'll have to find a photo of Jackie's furry feet, maybe she is part NF Cat?  All of mine are rescues. Smiley Sad

Have a question, does your cat get kinda gagged when trying to groom?  Jackie's fur is so long, it gets stuck on her tongue and she has trouble getting it un-stuck.  I've never had a cat with that problem before.

16 of 21 (349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2012 11:03:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

spd2demun wrote:

Well it quite possible of the cat being part NFC or Maine Coon(descendents of NFC dropped off by Vikings). NFC are great mousers and if you get a good mouse that you can put catnip in, the hunting instinct comes out. Female NFC's always seem to be furrier than the male. That's a real big with my parents Torbie NFC, Belle. My mothers solution was cutting the fur(even though she one of those Furminator's). A good way to help on that problem is use a damp wash rag and brush it across the cat's fur. A good bath with Cat soap in a bathtub works well for the problem too. NFC aren't as bad as Persians on get lots of fur on the tongue as well lots' of nats in the fur. 

spd2demun wrote:

Well it quite possible of the cat being part NFC or Maine Coon(descendents of NFC dropped off by Vikings). NFC are great mousers and if you get a good mouse that you can put catnip in, the hunting instinct comes out. Female NFC's always seem to be furrier than the male. That's a real big with my parents Torbie NFC, Belle. My mothers solution was cutting the fur(even though she one of those Furminator's). A good way to help on that problem is use a damp wash rag and brush it across the cat's fur. A good bath with Cat soap in a bathtub works well for the problem too. NFC aren't as bad as Persians on get lots of fur on the tongue as well lots' of nats in the fur. 

17 of 21 (346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2012 11:08:16 AM
(0)
Expert

Jackie does play fetch, and loves catnip mice.  She's an expert bug hunter, too; even tackled the giant flying roaches we have down here!

We have another long-haired cat, but think he's more Turkish Van, and fur isn't as silky or as long as Jackie's.  He has a long ruff though, and it gets stringy; think it needs a trim to stay out of the water bowl.  I used a Furminator on him, Leo, and it ruined his coat.

Nobody around here would stand for a bath (except Leo), and I'd need a transfusion afterwards! 

Jackie does play fetch, and loves catnip mice.  She's an expert bug hunter, too; even tackled the giant flying roaches we have down here!

We have another long-haired cat, but think he's more Turkish Van, and fur isn't as silky or as long as Jackie's.  He has a long ruff though, and it gets stringy; think it needs a trim to stay out of the water bowl.  I used a Furminator on him, Leo, and it ruined his coat.

Nobody around here would stand for a bath (except Leo), and I'd need a transfusion afterwards! 

18 of 21 (344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2012 1:13:58 PM
(0)
Mentor

spd2demun wrote:

Well if you bath the cat in the bathtub, you'll never get  scraches. I'm sure it since I haven't trimmed his claws yet. If you use the kitchen sink, expect to sliced and diced by the front claws. There are 2 types of Furminators for cats, one for long hair and one for medium fur. Don't use the one for long hair since it takes a lot fur with it. A good luke warm damp wash rag will do the trick. 

spd2demun wrote:

Well if you bath the cat in the bathtub, you'll never get  scraches. I'm sure it since I haven't trimmed his claws yet. If you use the kitchen sink, expect to sliced and diced by the front claws. There are 2 types of Furminators for cats, one for long hair and one for medium fur. Don't use the one for long hair since it takes a lot fur with it. A good luke warm damp wash rag will do the trick. 

19 of 21 (339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 2:32:28 AM
(0)
Expert

We have bathed Leo in the tub before, but it takes more than one person, and one person in the tub with him!  The Furminator we have is not for long hair since we wanted it to be used on any cat.

Prefer the waterless shampoos, ones that are like pop-up wipes, then do a good brushing. 

We have bathed Leo in the tub before, but it takes more than one person, and one person in the tub with him!  The Furminator we have is not for long hair since we wanted it to be used on any cat.

Prefer the waterless shampoos, ones that are like pop-up wipes, then do a good brushing. 

20 of 21 (325 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2012 5:22:21 AM
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

21 of 21 (315 Views)