Helpful Links

Weekly Off-Topic Thread #230

Expert

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #230

I was going to ask about the crown, LOL!  And I learned something about cats I never knew, what long toe fur is called.

I'll have to find a photo of Jackie's furry feet, maybe she is part NF Cat?  All of mine are rescues. Smiley Sad

Have a question, does your cat get kinda gagged when trying to groom?  Jackie's fur is so long, it gets stuck on her tongue and she has trouble getting it un-stuck.  I've never had a cat with that problem before.

Message 16 of 21
Mentor

spd2demun wrote:

I was going to ask about the crown, LOL!  And I learned something about cats I never knew, what long toe fur is called.

I'll have to find a photo of Jackie's furry feet, maybe she is part NF Cat?  All of mine are rescues. Smiley Sad

Have a question, does your cat get kinda gagged when trying to groom?  Jackie's fur is so long, it gets stuck on her tongue and she has trouble getting it un-stuck.  I've never had a cat with that problem before.

Well it quite possible of the cat being part NFC or Maine Coon(descendents of NFC dropped off by Vikings). NFC are great mousers and if you get a good mouse that you can put catnip in, the hunting instinct comes out. Female NFC's always seem to be furrier than the male. That's a real big with my parents Torbie NFC, Belle. My mothers solution was cutting the fur(even though she one of those Furminator's). A good way to help on that problem is use a damp wash rag and brush it across the cat's fur. A good bath with Cat soap in a bathtub works well for the problem too. NFC aren't as bad as Persians on get lots of fur on the tongue as well lots' of nats in the fur. 

Message 17 of 21
Expert

Jackie does play fetch, and loves catnip mice.  She's an expert bug hunter, too; even tackled the giant flying roaches we have down here!

We have another long-haired cat, but think he's more Turkish Van, and fur isn't as silky or as long as Jackie's.  He has a long ruff though, and it gets stringy; think it needs a trim to stay out of the water bowl.  I used a Furminator on him, Leo, and it ruined his coat.

Nobody around here would stand for a bath (except Leo), and I'd need a transfusion afterwards! 

Message 18 of 21
Mentor

spd2demun wrote:

Jackie does play fetch, and loves catnip mice.  She's an expert bug hunter, too; even tackled the giant flying roaches we have down here!

We have another long-haired cat, but think he's more Turkish Van, and fur isn't as silky or as long as Jackie's.  He has a long ruff though, and it gets stringy; think it needs a trim to stay out of the water bowl.  I used a Furminator on him, Leo, and it ruined his coat.

Nobody around here would stand for a bath (except Leo), and I'd need a transfusion afterwards! 

Well if you bath the cat in the bathtub, you'll never get  scraches. I'm sure it since I haven't trimmed his claws yet. If you use the kitchen sink, expect to sliced and diced by the front claws. There are 2 types of Furminators for cats, one for long hair and one for medium fur. Don't use the one for long hair since it takes a lot fur with it. A good luke warm damp wash rag will do the trick. 

Message 19 of 21
Expert

We have bathed Leo in the tub before, but it takes more than one person, and one person in the tub with him!  The Furminator we have is not for long hair since we wanted it to be used on any cat.

Prefer the waterless shampoos, ones that are like pop-up wipes, then do a good brushing. 

Message 20 of 21
Highlighted

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 21 of 21
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support