Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 24, 2014
4:40:02 PM
View profile
Website inaccuracies

The at&t website today and yesterday offers a package including u-basic tv, 18 speed internet, and HBO for 39.00 p/month.  I ordered the package yesterday 2/23/14 and had the install scheduled for this morning at 11.00.  The installers never arrived and I continued to wait into the early afternoon.  After numerous phone calls to AT&T support services, it was discovered that the order never went through because the package was no longer available, eventhough it is still advertised as a viable option.  I found the same package this afternoon at 3:00 pm and again placed the order for the u-basic tv, 18 mbps speed and HBO for 39.00.  I spoke with customer support and gave them my order number that was given to me after successfully placing the order.  Customer serv. advised that the order will not go through because this deal is no longer available.  If this package is no longer available then would someone please explain to me why it is offered on AT&T's website?????  In frustration, I told the last AT&T rep that I will never ever conduct business with a company such as AT&T that does not honor the advertisements and specials on their website. 

The at&t website today and yesterday offers a package including u-basic tv, 18 speed internet, and HBO for 39.00 p/month.  I ordered the package yesterday 2/23/14 and had the install scheduled for this morning at 11.00.  The installers never arrived and I continued to wait into the early afternoon.  After numerous phone calls to AT&T support services, it was discovered that the order never went through because the package was no longer available, eventhough it is still advertised as a viable option.  I found the same package this afternoon at 3:00 pm and again placed the order for the u-basic tv, 18 mbps speed and HBO for 39.00.  I spoke with customer support and gave them my order number that was given to me after successfully placing the order.  Customer serv. advised that the order will not go through because this deal is no longer available.  If this package is no longer available then would someone please explain to me why it is offered on AT&T's website?????  In frustration, I told the last AT&T rep that I will never ever conduct business with a company such as AT&T that does not honor the advertisements and specials on their website. 

Website inaccuracies

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 5:00:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

ok, for anybody out there that might be interested the web address is: http://www.att.com/shop/internet.html#fbid=DSrnOv4EPp8  Go to shop and click on the internet option.  Click on third blue button from right to discover u-basic tv, 18 mbps speed internet, and HBO for 39.00 per month.   

ok, for anybody out there that might be interested the web address is: http://www.att.com/shop/internet.html#fbid=DSrnOv4EPp8  Go to shop and click on the internet option.  Click on third blue button from right to discover u-basic tv, 18 mbps speed internet, and HBO for 39.00 per month.   

Re: Website inaccuracies

2 of 5 (239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 6:07:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I don't know if anything's changed, but I only see internet only options on that page, which makes sense since it's the "internet" page, not "bundles".

I don't know if anything's changed, but I only see internet only options on that page, which makes sense since it's the "internet" page, not "bundles".

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 4:32:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes there should only be internet available without the bundle packages one would think, but the offer is there by clicking on the third blue button.  

Yes there should only be internet available without the bundle packages one would think, but the offer is there by clicking on the third blue button.  

4 of 5 (175 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 4:40:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I did finally receive some help from a gal named Crystal in Cape Girardo, Missouri today.  It took her and her manager a while, but they were able to work through the system and provide me with the price offered on the web site.  she said that there was some sort of glitch in their system that occured over the weekend that might have created the problem.  I just want to give a shout out to Chrystal and her manager for working thru the problem and providing excellent customer service!!

I did finally receive some help from a gal named Crystal in Cape Girardo, Missouri today.  It took her and her manager a while, but they were able to work through the system and provide me with the price offered on the web site.  she said that there was some sort of glitch in their system that occured over the weekend that might have created the problem.  I just want to give a shout out to Chrystal and her manager for working thru the problem and providing excellent customer service!!

5 of 5 (174 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments