Weather channel playback stops after 9 seconds

Contributor

Weather channel playback stops after 9 seconds

I've noticed an annoying bug when trying to playback shows that were recorded on the Weather channel.

I set a show to record, in this case, Coast Guard Alaska. When I try to play the show, it plays for 9 seconds and then kicks me out to the live Weather Channel feed. After a few more seconds, the interactive mode pops up and shrinks the video to a corner and shows interactive features.

If I press Exit to TV on the remote, it returns to the recording, and plays for 9 more seconds. It then drops back to the live channel and the process repeats.

It seems like the DVR is recording whatever flag gets sent to the box that tells it interactive mode is available. During playback, it's not ignoring this which makes playback almost impossible.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks

Message 1 of 31
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Weather channel playback stops after 9 seconds

I just now discovered that if I press the "Exit to TV" button after the weather channel interactive loads that channel tuning works normally. I.e. the "last" button will now work etc.

Message 31 of 31
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support