Weather channel playback stops after 9 seconds

Contributor

Weather channel playback stops after 9 seconds

I've noticed an annoying bug when trying to playback shows that were recorded on the Weather channel.

I set a show to record, in this case, Coast Guard Alaska. When I try to play the show, it plays for 9 seconds and then kicks me out to the live Weather Channel feed. After a few more seconds, the interactive mode pops up and shrinks the video to a corner and shows interactive features.

If I press Exit to TV on the remote, it returns to the recording, and plays for 9 more seconds. It then drops back to the live channel and the process repeats.

It seems like the DVR is recording whatever flag gets sent to the box that tells it interactive mode is available. During playback, it's not ignoring this which makes playback almost impossible.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks

Message 1 of 31 (2,110 Views)
Employee

Re: Weather channel playback stops after 9 seconds

Sounds like a box malfunction. Call the support line to see if you can get a replacement. Be aware, you will loose all your recordings if it's the DVR.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 31 (2,053 Views)
Contributor

Have the same problem with my parent's Uverse in Wisconsin and also with our Uverse in Indiana. Only happens with Weather Channel programs. Sounds like Uverse has a system wide software problem.
Message 3 of 31 (2,024 Views)
ACE - Expert

They may never had considered that anyone would actually record The Weather Channel.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 31 (2,008 Views)
Contributor

Sorry...not a box malfunction. I'm having the same issue in Illinois.

Message 5 of 31 (1,973 Views)

I am now having this same problem.  The time it takes to kick me out of my recording varies between a few seconds to maybe 20 seconds, but while I'm watching any recording from The Weather Channel it does stop playing and kicks me into what's currently playing on TWC, along with this new "Interactive" info (local forecast) along the bottom and right side.  Pressing back or exit brings me back to the recorded show, but only for a few seconds.  EXTREMELY frustrating (especially for the price of the U-Verse service!!!!).

Note that I've been successfully recording shows from TWC for a very long time.  This problem JUST started recently, seemingly with the addition of this "Interactive Mode" or whatever it is (somewhere around end of November/early December).  Before that, I had no problems - and as mentioned, this only affects TWC programming.

I called U-Verse support and they were unaware of the issue.  Went through the usual routine of rebooting all my equipment (which I had already done), talked to another tech, etc. then recommended we replace my DVR, which I declined because I know logically that's not going to solve the problem.  So the >1hr call ended with no resolution / sorry about your luck type of thing. 

I'll be interested to follow this thread - I don't know what else to do or how else to explain this to U-Verse support to get them to do something about it.  "Highway Thru H..." (won't let me post that word lol!) is currently one of my favorite shows and it's basically unwatchable due to this issue!

Message 6 of 31 (1,962 Views)
Contributor

It's obviously system wide and once weatherchannel rolled out it's go interactive it started. I can't watch any recorded shows from the WC but for only a few seconds then back to live WC. I record prospectors and a couple others but now can't watch them. Also if I leave the WC on it looks up the remote and I can't back up the WC or anything else until I hit the guide button.

Message 7 of 31 (1,918 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Hi,

We apologize for the issues you are having with recorded playback on the weather channel. For anyone having issues, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 31 (1,895 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same problem here in Florida.  I'm trying to watch playback of Coast Guard Alaska right now and I'm getting aggravated with the constant necessity to hit the exit to TV button and then that gives me about another 7 seconds of playback.  Tried to reset my box and that didn't work (like everyone else apparently).  It shouldn't be this difficult.  Obviously a glitch in the system.  I pay a lot for my Uverse, I just want it to function correctly.  Is that so wrong????

Message 9 of 31 (1,867 Views)
Teacher

Just what is ATT doing to rectify this problem?

Message 10 of 31 (1,845 Views)
ACE - Guru

rubiconray wrote:

Just what is ATT doing to rectify this problem?

Look 2 post back or click here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 31 (1,835 Views)
Contributor

I also live in Florida and my recored progrms from the weather channel are doing the same thing.  After about 9-15 seconds it stops and brings up go interactive.  They need to fix this.

Message 12 of 31 (1,807 Views)
ACE - Professor

Likewise in Ohio.
Message 13 of 31 (1,806 Views)
ACE - Professor

Likewise in Ohio. Between this, the slow menus that appeared earlier this year, the ton of "Getting Information" screens that appear in the Guide when scrolling several days in the future, it makes me wonder how heavily this stuff is tested before it rolls out to the general public. If I'm a beta tester, then I should get money off my bill for having to put up with an inferior product, right?
Message 14 of 31 (1,805 Views)
Contributor

Yep, having the same problem here in Louisiana.  Can't watch any recorded Weather Channel show for more than a couple seconds on any receiver before it exits out of the recording to the live Weather Channel interactive app/channel.  Sent a message to Support as suggested on the previous post.

Message 15 of 31 (1,783 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.