We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

Teacher

We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

Are there known issues with uverse tv in 37115 right now? We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

Thanks,

MC

Message 1 of 24 (11,078 Views)
Contributor

Re: We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

The picture is choppy/freezes/pixelated. We only have the problem on our wired tvs. My mom wireless tv has no problem.

Message 16 of 24 (10,317 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

ruthhatesyoucompany wrote:

The picture is choppy/freezes/pixelated. We only have the problem on our wired tvs. My mom wireless tv has no problem.

How are the wired sets, wired?  Coax?  Have you checked all connections for tightness?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 24 (10,294 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

If your wireless receiver is not having a problem, then that means that the core connection isn't at all having issues. Now, like dhascall has said, time to look at the connections between the receivers and the gateway.

If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would bet that the connection between the gateway and the receivers is using coax. Bad coax connections can cause all kinds of havoc to the service quality of the TV service. That's why for the most part all new installs use good old Ethernet as versus coax.
Message 18 of 24 (10,207 Views)
Contributor

So, how do I get the connection redone with Ethernet instead of coax?
Message 19 of 24 (9,813 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Rewire of home is considered special request, service call $99, plus $55 for each cable run.

First many coax issues are bad connections not bad wiring,

having all coax ends replaced, wall plates if have any, coax splitter (can only have one in sustem).

If you have an older install, probably failing HPNA. Required a 96 on coax test was passing, now require 112 to provide higher signal/bandwidth requirements. This past passing would result in today as freezing, pixel issues.
If call in tier support can run a quality check of inside wiring, if failing can service a tech appointment window to resolve. Should be told of $99 charge if inside issue.

Once a tech is onsite can advice to possible solutions.
1) complete rewire, quote as above, labor plus price per run.
2) update (repair) coax connections. Labor $99
3) depending on number of tvs and locations may recommend 1 or 2 wireless receiver at $49 each.

Most (about 75 to 80%) installs are 3 tvs or less.
If this is your case, have RG and DVR next to each other, WAP to feed two other tvs. Done. No messing with oder coax or running new cat5. Cost for two wifi stbs $98 versus repair of coax lines $99, vs new cat 5 for three tvs $264.

Note: if you have the wire maintenance plan (monthly fee) repair would be NO CHARGE., but replacement (upgrade) is still billable.

Other options is run all new cat5 youself or pay someone else to do for you.

Much to think about, choice is yours.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 20 of 24 (9,806 Views)
Contributor

My home is fully Ethernet wired.
Message 21 of 24 (9,797 Views)
Contributor

Not for Uverse, but it came with both Ethernet and coax at each outlet. Should be minimal work.
Message 22 of 24 (9,796 Views)
Employee

If already wired at receiver locations, leading back to RG location...panel perhaps.

Pick up some 6ft premade Ethernet cables, wall to receiver, panel to RG yellow ports.
Unplug all equipment, factory reset RG, when up (10 minutes) plug in dvr, when fully loaded, plug in rest of set top boxes.

Reasoning, the RG keeps a list of equipment and how connected, when move any equipment from one type of cable to a different need to repopulate the list, otherwise lose all dvr functionality.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 23 of 24 (9,791 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I keep getting a error when I try to install this software,  It says I have a newer version of something.

I've had Uverse for a week now and it's been awful ever since.   They've replaced the modem.  Moved everything away from the computer to prevent any interference.  Replaced the main DVR.  Check all signals and everything has passed.  I continue to lose signal and have a choppy screen on all TVs,  Two wireless receivers.  Only once have I noticed all three services went out, but I continue to lose TV signal.

Message 24 of 24 (9,219 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.