Ask a question

Posted Jun 4, 2013
    2:51:06 PM
    View profile
    We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

Are there known issues with uverse tv in 37115 right now? We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

Thanks,

MC

We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

23 replies
    (4) Me too
    (4) Me too
    View all replies
    (23)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 4, 2013 4:33:36 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Please download and install this maintenance tool developed by a forum member Somejoe7777. Here is the link:

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

After installing the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/Profile, Error Table, & Bitloading. After posting the above screenshots, we can review them and see if you are having problems with your system.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

2 of 24 (6,717 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 4, 2013 4:44:18 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Thanks BeeBee ( and Somejoe7777)! Any help is greatly appreciated.

By the way, I also checked my internat speed... it is waaay down too.

Here ya go:

Stats-2013-06-04-18-38-06.pngErrorTable-2013-06-04-18-39-46.pngBitloading-2013-06-04-18-39-27.png

Re: We've had very bad picture (choppy pixelated every few seconds) for days now.

3 of 24 (6,708 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 4, 2013 7:24:15 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Hey guys... something else I've noticed is that every evening around 8:30-9:00 p.m. things seem perfect... all the choppiness and freezing stops. It is that way again tonight, so I thought I'd post the screenshots again. Maybe you'll note something different.  Anyway... here they are....

Stats-2013-06-04-21-19-07.pngErrorTable-2013-06-04-21-19-26.pngBitloading-2013-06-04-21-19-37.png

4 of 24 (6,678 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 3:58:17 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Look at the "noise margin" when your having problems versus when your not.  Anything below 12 and you will have issues.  Is there anything that runs in your house during the trouble times and then turns off during the good times?  Maybe A/C unit, treadmill, or other type appliance?  Has anything changed or been added in your household in the past few weeks?

Can you try switching electrical outlets that the residential gateway is plugged into?  Use an extension cord to try a different outlet temporarily to see if the problem clears.  It could also be a bad ground at the outside AT&T box.  I would call AT&T during the bad time and ask them to run a test on your line to see if they can pin point an issue.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 24 (6,659 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 6:09:25 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

I can see the "noise margin" is drastically different on the two tests. The answer to your first few questions is no. Nothing that runs only at night, nothing new, nothing changed, etc.

Tried switching outlets... no change.

So I guess I'm relegated to the mind-numbing telephone tech support experience. It just takes so long to get through the initial helpers that must go through all that basic stuff to get to someone who can actually help. Sorry for rant, but I've been through it sooo many times before. Oh well.

6 of 24 (6,639 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 8:47:42 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

You could try this before calling and see if it gets you anywhere: https://ufix.att.com/ssm/dispatcher/CustomRegister.do

7 of 24 (6,619 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 10:20:17 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Try resetting your BBU for your iNid, Mine is in the garage opposite of the iNid. There should be a pin hole that you can put a small paper clip in to reset. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

8 of 24 (6,608 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 12:40:29 PM
    (0)
    Scholar
    This is a neat program! How often should one 'boot' the gateway? Mine says 404 days since the last boot. Smiley Very Happy

9 of 24 (6,585 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 12:57:01 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Sorry but that went over my head... BBU? Is the iNid the battery backup?

We spent 30 min. on the phone with ATT Tech Support earlier, they have arranged for a tch to come out. I guess we'll see.

10 of 24 (6,580 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 3:07:25 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

@coltrane did they see the problem or was it doing it while they were on the phone with you?

11 of 24 (6,548 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 4:20:20 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

The phone tech didn't really say what he had seen. I think he could see that we had gone through all the online u-fix steps, etc. He scheduled a tech to come out.

I'm happy to say that the tech(got here on time @ 4 pm, and was extremely helpful and able to fix the problem. He ran tests on the lines outside and had to put a new att box on the exterior of our house. He explained that, out of two lines coming in... one was good and one was bad. He even cleaned up the messy appearance of the wiring left by the last tech to come out a year or so ago.

I'm happy with how that went. Thanks to you guys for help too!

12 of 24 (6,537 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 5, 2013 6:27:10 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Good deal!!  Glad to hear they got you fixed up!!

13 of 24 (6,493 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 9:46:09 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 12, 2013 at 10:27:00 AM

I'm having same problem. please help.

[removed image with unique IP and MAC addresses]

ErrorTable-2013-09-12-12-38-38.png

Bitloading-2013-09-12-12-38-50.png

[ Edited ]
    14 of 24 (6,127 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 10:44:14 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I do not see any noticeable errors.  What issues are you having?  All sets?

15 of 24 (6,115 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 10:56:21 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

The picture is choppy/freezes/pixelated. We only have the problem on our wired tvs. My mom wireless tv has no problem.

16 of 24 (6,113 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 11:51:36 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

ruthhatesyoucompany wrote:

The picture is choppy/freezes/pixelated. We only have the problem on our wired tvs. My mom wireless tv has no problem.

How are the wired sets, wired?  Coax?  Have you checked all connections for tightness?

17 of 24 (6,090 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 16, 2013 8:22:49 PM
    (0)
    Guru
    If your wireless receiver is not having a problem, then that means that the core connection isn't at all having issues. Now, like dhascall has said, time to look at the connections between the receivers and the gateway.

If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would bet that the connection between the gateway and the receivers is using coax. Bad coax connections can cause all kinds of havoc to the service quality of the TV service. That's why for the most part all new installs use good old Ethernet as versus coax.
    The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

18 of 24 (6,003 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 26, 2013 6:07:46 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    So, how do I get the connection redone with Ethernet instead of coax?

19 of 24 (5,609 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 26, 2013 6:35:20 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    Edited by my thoughts on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:39:12 PM

Rewire of home is considered special request, service call $99, plus $55 for each cable run.

First many coax issues are bad connections not bad wiring,

having all coax ends replaced, wall plates if have any, coax splitter (can only have one in sustem).

If you have an older install, probably failing HPNA. Required a 96 on coax test was passing, now require 112 to provide higher signal/bandwidth requirements. This past passing would result in today as freezing, pixel issues.
    If call in tier support can run a quality check of inside wiring, if failing can service a tech appointment window to resolve. Should be told of $99 charge if inside issue.

Once a tech is onsite can advice to possible solutions.
    1) complete rewire, quote as above, labor plus price per run.
    2) update (repair) coax connections. Labor $99
    3) depending on number of tvs and locations may recommend 1 or 2 wireless receiver at $49 each.

Most (about 75 to 80%) installs are 3 tvs or less.
    If this is your case, have RG and DVR next to each other, WAP to feed two other tvs. Done. No messing with oder coax or running new cat5. Cost for two wifi stbs $98 versus repair of coax lines $99, vs new cat 5 for three tvs $264.

Note: if you have the wire maintenance plan (monthly fee) repair would be NO CHARGE., but replacement (upgrade) is still billable.

Other options is run all new cat5 youself or pay someone else to do for you.

Much to think about, choice is yours.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
    20 of 24 (5,602 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 26, 2013 7:15:08 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    My home is fully Ethernet wired.

21 of 24 (5,593 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 26, 2013 7:15:56 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Not for Uverse, but it came with both Ethernet and coax at each outlet. Should be minimal work.

22 of 24 (5,592 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 26, 2013 7:43:10 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    If already wired at receiver locations, leading back to RG location...panel perhaps.

Pick up some 6ft premade Ethernet cables, wall to receiver, panel to RG yellow ports.
    Unplug all equipment, factory reset RG, when up (10 minutes) plug in dvr, when fully loaded, plug in rest of set top boxes.

Reasoning, the RG keeps a list of equipment and how connected, when move any equipment from one type of cable to a different need to repopulate the list, otherwise lose all dvr functionality.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

23 of 24 (5,587 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 15, 2013 10:50:05 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by Ouch1234 on Dec 15, 2013 at 11:03:06 AM

I keep getting a error when I try to install this software,  It says I have a newer version of something.

I've had Uverse for a week now and it's been awful ever since.   They've replaced the modem.  Moved everything away from the computer to prevent any interference.  Replaced the main DVR.  Check all signals and everything has passed.  I continue to lose signal and have a choppy screen on all TVs,  Two wireless receivers.  Only once have I noticed all three services went out, but I continue to lose TV signal.

[ Edited ]
    24 of 24 (5,015 Views)