We Can Cross Off BBCAHD and Fox Sports 2 HD. What Is Left?

ACE - Professor

We Can Cross Off BBCAHD and Fox Sports 2 HD. What Is Left?

[ Edited ]

Since we can now cross off BBC America HD and Fox 2 HD off of the list, what I see is left to get for the major players are The Hallmark Channel, The Hallmark Movie Channel, The NHL Network and Center Ice, and MLB Extra Innings.

As far as minor players, my list includes Al Jazeera America, RFD-TV (added by suggestion),the disaster known as Houston Comcast Sports, UP TV (formerly The Gospel Music Channel), Sundance Channel HD, sub-channels, Universal Sports Network, and Blaze TV which is only available on Dish Network at this time.

I am only listing English language channels. I am sure there are  other ones that I have forgotten or not listed.

What happened to all of those people who threatened to quit when U-Verse did not include Al Jazeera America? I bet they are all still here.

My advice is just be patient. U-Verse eventually delivers what we want. And no, I am not an employee of AT&T. I am just a subscriber like all of you.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 18 (1,356 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: We Can Cross Off BBCAHD and Fox2HD. What Is Left?

You forgot RFD-TV!!  Smiley Very Happy  That was going around a few years back.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 18 (1,351 Views)
ACE - Professor

BeeBeeSA wrote:

You forgot RFD-TV!!  Smiley Very Happy  That was going around a few years back.

Actually, RFD-TV is a good minor player to include.

Message 3 of 18 (1,348 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

In a related note, it was announced yesterday that Time Warner has agreed to carry Al Jazeera America.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/10/24/ajam-time-warner-cable-deal/3177325/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/business/media/time-warner-cable-reaches-agreement-to-distribute-a...

Here is an interesting quote from the New York Times article:

"Al Jazeera America, like other channel owners, has sought an unspecified per-subscriber fee to be carried. But distributors are generally reluctant to add to their crowded lineups, so channels have occasionally paid to be carried. In this case, Al Jazeera may pay Time Warner Cable for marketing and advertising sales support.

Mr. Al Shihabi declined to say whether Al Jazeera had paid, but called the distribution deal a “win-win proposition.' "

Message 4 of 18 (1,315 Views)
ACE - Professor

NASA TV in HD is on my list.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 5 of 18 (1,293 Views)
Teacher

Re: We Can Cross Off BBCAHD and Fox Sports 2 HD. What Is Left?

AT&T has been adding a lot of good stuff recently, no doubt about it.

If they added NHL Network I would be 100% satisfied!

Although I'm not in Dodgers territory, I'm interested to see how the upcoming SportsNet LA debacle goes. The number of RSNs in the LA area is getting crazy. It affects me partially as a San Diego County resident (we get the Clippers, Lakers, Kings, and Ducks games), but I have Fox Sports San Diego, so I'm good Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18 (1,273 Views)
Expert

sandiego613 wrote:

AT&T has been adding a lot of good stuff recently, no doubt about it.

If they added NHL Network I would be 100% satisfied!

Although I'm not in Dodgers territory, I'm interested to see how the upcoming SportsNet LA debacle goes. The number of RSNs in the LA area is getting crazy. It affects me partially as a San Diego County resident (we get the Clippers, Lakers, Kings, and Ducks games), but I have Fox Sports San Diego, so I'm good Smiley Happy

I think there is a good chance U-verse will add it because, the live games only need to be made available in a limited area of southern California.  Compare that to a channel like CSN Houston where the entire states of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas need to receive the live Astros' games.  The total carriage feed paid for the new Dodgers' RSN will be considerably less that the fee required to carry CSN Houston.  This is the same reason why U-verse carries the Lakers' RSN but not CSN Houston.

Message 7 of 18 (1,262 Views)
ACE - Professor

NASA TV HD should be on U-Basic, considering I was watching it for free on my computer not too long ago. It's a shame it's SD only on such a high tier.

I'm sure the LA sports situation is bad. Each team sees what the other is doing with their own RSN, so they gotta keep up with the Joneses. Of course, this translates to higher bills for all of us.
Message 8 of 18 (1,260 Views)

So NOW which HD channels do you wish AT&T U-verse would add?

[ Edited ]

OK, now that the impossible occurred (adding BBC America in HD), are there any other HD channels you would like to see added to AT&T U-verse's lineup?

In addition to Hallmark and NHL, here's mine:

BBC World News

Al Jazzera America

IFC

Sundance

WE TV

Fear Net

Chiller

Indie

Retro

Message 9 of 18 (1,162 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: So NOW which HD channels do you wish AT&T U-verse would add?

[ Edited ]

OvationTV-HD would be nice. 

Message 10 of 18 (1,158 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Since FX Movie Channel HD is available, perhaps another programmer, not a premium like HBO, Cinemax, et al., will get added in HD.

I'm thinking Independent Film Channel HD. Then Sundance Channel HD.

dwinth mentions some good possibilities.

Message 11 of 18 (1,096 Views)
Mentor

I agree with most, that the #1 goal for AT&T in the coming months should be to get MLB Extra Innings for the 2014 season.  Not sure what the going rate for it is now, but it wouldn't matter to me.  Just want to be able to watch my Braves play here in Central Ohio.

Message 12 of 18 (1,025 Views)
Scholar

My list:

EPIX HD (1 and 2 would be nice)

Encore Westerns/Love/Suspense/Kids in HD

MLB Extra Innings

Message 13 of 18 (979 Views)
Teacher

jhy1978 wrote:

My list:

EPIX HD (1 and 2 would be nice)

Encore Westerns/Love/Suspense/Kids in HD

MLB Extra Innings

EPIX is actually a very good call. They have some top-notch movie on that channel. AT&T has been doing a notably good job with carriage agreements as of late, but the addition of NHL Network and EPIX would make me a happy camper.

Message 14 of 18 (906 Views)
Contributor

I wish they'd add Universal Sports. They misled us into thinking they did - but it turns out it's just U-Verse sports which is entirely different. I'm missing all of my Olympic sports. I wish we could go back to Dish tv but I can't at this time as I'm not paying for the bulk of this (we're all housemates). Really bummed out. 

Message 15 of 18 (700 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.