U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 9, 2013
4:52:13 PM
Way to go ATT on the 2250 d.v.r.

Just had to say way to go ATT on the VIP 2250 d.v.r.! With so many complaints out there, it's only prudent to express how awesome that d.v.r. is. Faster processor and twice the gigs (500 gb) as the vip 1225. It works great! Thanks ATT.

Just had to say way to go ATT on the VIP 2250 d.v.r.! With so many complaints out there, it's only prudent to express how awesome that d.v.r. is. Faster processor and twice the gigs (500 gb) as the vip 1225. It works great! Thanks ATT.

Way to go ATT on the 2250 d.v.r.

8 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 9:51:43 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that, antman_2! It's always good to hear positive feedback, and it sounds like you're really getting the most from your DVR and all its features.

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Thanks for sharing that, antman_2! It's always good to hear positive feedback, and it sounds like you're really getting the most from your DVR and all its features.

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Way to go ATT on the 2250 d.v.r.

2 of 9 (1,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 1:13:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks for the positive post Antman.  Enjoy that 2250 they are very nice to have.

Thanks for the positive post Antman.  Enjoy that 2250 they are very nice to have.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 3:51:20 PM
(0)
Guru

I have one myself, it's a very nice device.  Smaller in physical footprint so it takes less room on the TV accessories shelf.  Faster in UI responsiveness as well.

It sure is nice to have 150 hours of HDTV programming space.

I have one myself, it's a very nice device.  Smaller in physical footprint so it takes less room on the TV accessories shelf.  Faster in UI responsiveness as well.

It sure is nice to have 150 hours of HDTV programming space.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

4 of 9 (976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 8:17:03 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have the ISB7500 and it keeps going into not recording programs and I have to reset it. What is the 2250?  Would this replace the ISB7500.   Also get freezing of the pictures at times, probably a different trouble as the modem red light blinks at times when it is freezing.

I have the ISB7500 and it keeps going into not recording programs and I have to reset it. What is the 2250?  Would this replace the ISB7500.   Also get freezing of the pictures at times, probably a different trouble as the modem red light blinks at times when it is freezing.

5 of 9 (906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 8:10:44 PM
(0)
Guru

The Motorola vip2250 replaced the 1225 with the intent to double the gb's and having a faster processor. I had both and can attest to that. Not sure about your d.v.r. Perhaps a regional thing. Call att and say your having multiple problems one being audio drop outs (5.1) and request a tech to come out and to make sure they have a 2250 on the truck. Good luck.

The Motorola vip2250 replaced the 1225 with the intent to double the gb's and having a faster processor. I had both and can attest to that. Not sure about your d.v.r. Perhaps a regional thing. Call att and say your having multiple problems one being audio drop outs (5.1) and request a tech to come out and to make sure they have a 2250 on the truck. Good luck.

6 of 9 (786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 12:59:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

antman_2 wrote:

Can't replace a Cisco DVR w/a Motorola DVR, they don't cohabitate the same market, Cisco is in the minority of markets. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

antman_2 wrote:

Can't replace a Cisco DVR w/a Motorola DVR, they don't cohabitate the same market, Cisco is in the minority of markets. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 3:12:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hey... Quick question if anyone can answer. Just got set up with U-verse TV (yay) and, thanks to this forum, was able to ask for a 2250 DVR (tech came into the house with a 1225 model). Blazingly fast compared to the DirecTV DVR it's replacing. BUT... the space available says 90% and 139 hours of HD programming left. And I have no recordings yet. Is this the result of typical phone / tablet storage space. Some eaten by OS, etc.? Thanks!

Hey... Quick question if anyone can answer. Just got set up with U-verse TV (yay) and, thanks to this forum, was able to ask for a 2250 DVR (tech came into the house with a 1225 model). Blazingly fast compared to the DirecTV DVR it's replacing. BUT... the space available says 90% and 139 hours of HD programming left. And I have no recordings yet. Is this the result of typical phone / tablet storage space. Some eaten by OS, etc.? Thanks!

8 of 9 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 4:45:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
MCNPorter - Reserved for live trick play. You know what that is. While watching live (after a short period) you can rewind, pause & the FF to catch up.
Many like the pause, but it is fragile - accidentally hit a chan number button & it is gone. If you want to pause, recording is more reliable.
I like the rewind for when you want to see that again. You should do it just to get used to it so that it will be an automatic response when you want to repeat something.
Some wish for a live button like their previous provider, so, maybe you already have the reflex.
MCNPorter - Reserved for live trick play. You know what that is. While watching live (after a short period) you can rewind, pause & the FF to catch up.
Many like the pause, but it is fragile - accidentally hit a chan number button & it is gone. If you want to pause, recording is more reliable.
I like the rewind for when you want to see that again. You should do it just to get used to it so that it will be an automatic response when you want to repeat something.
Some wish for a live button like their previous provider, so, maybe you already have the reflex.

9 of 9 (628 Views)