Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 3, 2013
8:12:24 AM
View profile
Watch Uverse on Tablet
When will we be able to watch Dvr recordings on tablets? Bummer....

Watch Uverse on Tablet

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 12:18:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No idea.

I prefer a much larger screen, myself.

No idea.

I prefer a much larger screen, myself.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Watch Uverse on Tablet

2 of 5 (2,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 12:12:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

missjamara wrote:

The only service with such an animal is Dish Network, with Sling technology.  You can buy a slingbox and place it between the DVR or Set Top Box (STB) and a TV, and re-transmit your programming that way.

missjamara wrote:

The only service with such an animal is Dish Network, with Sling technology.  You can buy a slingbox and place it between the DVR or Set Top Box (STB) and a TV, and re-transmit your programming that way.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (1,974 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 1:13:28 PM
(0)
Guru

At least you can watch Uverse On Demand on a tablet--I found that ability useful while out of town recently.  Also the ability to manage DVR recordings via the Uverse app is useful, at least to me.  Perhaps someday, tablet viewing of DVR recordings will be possible.  But being of a "pre-VCR" generation, I find all the current technology quite amazing.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

At least you can watch Uverse On Demand on a tablet--I found that ability useful while out of town recently.  Also the ability to manage DVR recordings via the Uverse app is useful, at least to me.  Perhaps someday, tablet viewing of DVR recordings will be possible.  But being of a "pre-VCR" generation, I find all the current technology quite amazing.

docbombay

4 of 5 (1,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 1:24:36 PM
(0)
Employee
Suspect that will happen when they give up on the physical DVR and go to cloud storage...
No lost recordings when replacing set top box as no DVR in home, the future....one day
Suspect that will happen when they give up on the physical DVR and go to cloud storage...
No lost recordings when replacing set top box as no DVR in home, the future....one day
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (1,961 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments