Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 15, 2014
12:47:14 PM
Was told I would not be charged, then charged $165
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on May 15, 2014 at 12:56:59 PM

First of all, getting my U-Verse internet up and running was a huge ordeal that took over a week and a total of (4) seperate technicians to resolve. The house I moved in to had it already, and the guy here before me was paying for the 12 MBPS speed. As it turns out, he was only getting roughly 7 for the year he was here. When I moved in the internet was cutting out every 15 minutes so I called and spoke to over 10 people over the course of 2 days before I was finally able to get a technician out.

The entire time I was explicitly told that I would NOT have to pay for any of the visits. The third technician (second indoor tech) was AWESOME! He was so informative and patient and an all around great technician. My problem is that he relocated my indoor jack as part of the troubleshooting process. He told me specifically that "Normally we charge for this, but I'm not going to". So i thought, this guy is awesome, he actually seems to care and is genuinely trying to help me through this situation. Finally, after the last of the 4 techs came out a couple days later, my internet was working smoothly.

I get my first bill which was a little over $40 and I payed it on time. A couple weeks go by and my next bill is OVER $200!!!! Naturally I'm a but upset about the $165 charge for a "Voice Jack Installation" so I call about it and am basically told that the technician lied to me and that he reported doing the installation therefore I have no choice but to pay for it because he reported doing it. Now I am having more issues with my internet and I'm legitimately afraid to have a technician out because they tell me that the tech will "Discuss any additional charges" with me before any work is done, but apparently their word is NULL because no matter what they tell me I will or wont be charged its not up to them? Needless to say I feel completely ripped off and taken advantage of. I was pretty much told that I have no choice but to pay the fee. I am at a loss. I've never felt so hopelessly ripped off by such a large company before.

First of all, getting my U-Verse internet up and running was a huge ordeal that took over a week and a total of (4) seperate technicians to resolve. The house I moved in to had it already, and the guy here before me was paying for the 12 MBPS speed. As it turns out, he was only getting roughly 7 for the year he was here. When I moved in the internet was cutting out every 15 minutes so I called and spoke to over 10 people over the course of 2 days before I was finally able to get a technician out.

The entire time I was explicitly told that I would NOT have to pay for any of the visits. The third technician (second indoor tech) was AWESOME! He was so informative and patient and an all around great technician. My problem is that he relocated my indoor jack as part of the troubleshooting process. He told me specifically that "Normally we charge for this, but I'm not going to". So i thought, this guy is awesome, he actually seems to care and is genuinely trying to help me through this situation. Finally, after the last of the 4 techs came out a couple days later, my internet was working smoothly.

I get my first bill which was a little over $40 and I payed it on time. A couple weeks go by and my next bill is OVER $200!!!! Naturally I'm a but upset about the $165 charge for a "Voice Jack Installation" so I call about it and am basically told that the technician lied to me and that he reported doing the installation therefore I have no choice but to pay for it because he reported doing it. Now I am having more issues with my internet and I'm legitimately afraid to have a technician out because they tell me that the tech will "Discuss any additional charges" with me before any work is done, but apparently their word is NULL because no matter what they tell me I will or wont be charged its not up to them? Needless to say I feel completely ripped off and taken advantage of. I was pretty much told that I have no choice but to pay the fee. I am at a loss. I've never felt so hopelessly ripped off by such a large company before.

Was told I would not be charged, then charged $165

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2014 12:52:14 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, J_D_Kehret!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that about your recent experience with your new U-verse service. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, J_D_Kehret!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that about your recent experience with your new U-verse service. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Was told I would not be charged, then charged $165

2 of 3 (422 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 11:07:56 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by J_D_Kehret on May 19, 2014 at 11:09:14 PM

I created a private message, got a response and was supposed to be contacted by a manager within 48 hours. Its been 4 days and I haven't heard anything. Not to mention the fact that my internet is still dropping out daily.

I created a private message, got a response and was supposed to be contacted by a manager within 48 hours. Its been 4 days and I haven't heard anything. Not to mention the fact that my internet is still dropping out daily.

Re: Was told I would not be charged, then charged $165

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (282 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments