Warped audio with Motorola DVR

Contributor

Warped audio with Motorola DVR

My wored motorola dvr has a warped, robotic sound issue on certain channels and all shows I record on DVR. My two wireless receivers have no problems sound wise even when playing back a DVR recording. It is only the Motorola. Cooking channel, science channel, nickelodeon, and all playbacks on DVR on the the Motorola receiver have a warped, robotic, sound. So frustrating I got this box less then a week ago.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Warped audio with Motorola DVR

autumn_spices - I believe this usually happens to others infrequently(my experience) when the sound signal gets out of sequence. It is usually corrected by chan up/down. But, yours sounds more serious. Sounds like a defective DVR that needs to be replaced.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Thank you. This will be reciever number 3. The first one had that problem but just died on me 3 days after I had it installed. This replacement has the issue as well. Maybe the third time is the charm Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

autumn_spices - It is frustrating when you get a run on bad devices. This problem may not show up in the recertification routine & you are getting refurbs. Perhaps let the customercare know that you have had a string of problems & they can pull strings to get you a new one. Send a PM with your info here - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

This problem has been getting more frequent for me - about once a day. Just now watching 1210, started burbeling mid sentence. Chan up/down corrected it. I sure hope this is not possible during recording.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

It happens when I play back shows I have recorded on the DVR also. Only on the motorola. The wireless recievers playback recordings fine with no problem. Thank you all for your help Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

autumn_spices - When you say it happens when you play back, can you stop it? If you can stop it, then the cause is the same as live TV - a momentary glitch on the sound signal.

My concern with the recording is that if the glitch hits while recording, I would not know to stop it & it would record for the full length of the recording with no way to stop it on playback.
Message 6 of 7
Employee

Hello autumn_spices,

I'm sorry about the recurring issues you are having with Sound on your DVR. I can help you replace it and ensure this does not happen again. With the replacement of the DVR I also recommend changing the cable between the DVR and TV and using a different power source if possible. This would help eliminate any possibilities of other sources causing the DVR to fail. I understand you have only noticed this issue while playing back recorded content and was not clear if you experienced the same while watching live TV on this DVR. I sent you a private message to gather account information and continue assisting you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support