Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 17, 2013
8:01:36 PM
View profile
Warped audio with Motorola DVR

My wored motorola dvr has a warped, robotic sound issue on certain channels and all shows I record on DVR. My two wireless receivers have no problems sound wise even when playing back a DVR recording. It is only the Motorola. Cooking channel, science channel, nickelodeon, and all playbacks on DVR on the the Motorola receiver have a warped, robotic, sound. So frustrating I got this box less then a week ago.

My wored motorola dvr has a warped, robotic sound issue on certain channels and all shows I record on DVR. My two wireless receivers have no problems sound wise even when playing back a DVR recording. It is only the Motorola. Cooking channel, science channel, nickelodeon, and all playbacks on DVR on the the Motorola receiver have a warped, robotic, sound. So frustrating I got this box less then a week ago.

Warped audio with Motorola DVR

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 4:38:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
autumn_spices - I believe this usually happens to others infrequently(my experience) when the sound signal gets out of sequence. It is usually corrected by chan up/down. But, yours sounds more serious. Sounds like a defective DVR that needs to be replaced.
autumn_spices - I believe this usually happens to others infrequently(my experience) when the sound signal gets out of sequence. It is usually corrected by chan up/down. But, yours sounds more serious. Sounds like a defective DVR that needs to be replaced.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Warped audio with Motorola DVR

2 of 7 (330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 1:30:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you. This will be reciever number 3. The first one had that problem but just died on me 3 days after I had it installed. This replacement has the issue as well. Maybe the third time is the charm Smiley Happy

Thank you. This will be reciever number 3. The first one had that problem but just died on me 3 days after I had it installed. This replacement has the issue as well. Maybe the third time is the charm Smiley Happy

3 of 7 (310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 1:43:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Nov 18, 2013 at 1:57:35 PM

autumn_spices - It is frustrating when you get a run on bad devices. This problem may not show up in the recertification routine & you are getting refurbs. Perhaps let the customercare know that you have had a string of problems & they can pull strings to get you a new one. Send a PM with your info here - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

This problem has been getting more frequent for me - about once a day. Just now watching 1210, started burbeling mid sentence. Chan up/down corrected it. I sure hope this is not possible during recording.

autumn_spices - It is frustrating when you get a run on bad devices. This problem may not show up in the recertification routine & you are getting refurbs. Perhaps let the customercare know that you have had a string of problems & they can pull strings to get you a new one. Send a PM with your info here - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

This problem has been getting more frequent for me - about once a day. Just now watching 1210, started burbeling mid sentence. Chan up/down corrected it. I sure hope this is not possible during recording.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 7:01:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

It happens when I play back shows I have recorded on the DVR also. Only on the motorola. The wireless recievers playback recordings fine with no problem. Thank you all for your help Smiley Happy

It happens when I play back shows I have recorded on the DVR also. Only on the motorola. The wireless recievers playback recordings fine with no problem. Thank you all for your help Smiley Happy

5 of 7 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 5:18:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
autumn_spices - When you say it happens when you play back, can you stop it? If you can stop it, then the cause is the same as live TV - a momentary glitch on the sound signal.

My concern with the recording is that if the glitch hits while recording, I would not know to stop it & it would record for the full length of the recording with no way to stop it on playback.
autumn_spices - When you say it happens when you play back, can you stop it? If you can stop it, then the cause is the same as live TV - a momentary glitch on the sound signal.

My concern with the recording is that if the glitch hits while recording, I would not know to stop it & it would record for the full length of the recording with no way to stop it on playback.

6 of 7 (282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 8:05:27 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello autumn_spices,

I'm sorry about the recurring issues you are having with Sound on your DVR. I can help you replace it and ensure this does not happen again. With the replacement of the DVR I also recommend changing the cable between the DVR and TV and using a different power source if possible. This would help eliminate any possibilities of other sources causing the DVR to fail. I understand you have only noticed this issue while playing back recorded content and was not clear if you experienced the same while watching live TV on this DVR. I sent you a private message to gather account information and continue assisting you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello autumn_spices,

I'm sorry about the recurring issues you are having with Sound on your DVR. I can help you replace it and ensure this does not happen again. With the replacement of the DVR I also recommend changing the cable between the DVR and TV and using a different power source if possible. This would help eliminate any possibilities of other sources causing the DVR to fail. I understand you have only noticed this issue while playing back recorded content and was not clear if you experienced the same while watching live TV on this DVR. I sent you a private message to gather account information and continue assisting you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (272 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments