Warning: Uverse trial run

Warning: Uverse trial run

uverse sucks! i can't think of a worse internet provider in all the world. each and every time that i do a speedtest through a third party, i get an F rating...globally! att uverse is the worst!!!!!!! intermittent at best. 

constantly hijacking my browser so that i have to delete all browsing history and cookies nearly daily just to keep using the freaking internet. this is the most absurd and bullhockey internet provider i've had throughout the great and expansive county. 

total crap. not worth a cent. get out while you can!

Message 1 of 15 (1,403 Views)

Re: Warning: Uverse trial run

I'm so glad you told me to get out. I'lll call to cancel today a service I've had since 2009.  Smiley Very Happy

I have no clue what you are talking about with browsers being hijacked, but I've yet to have AT&T "hijack" anything.  If your browser is being hijacked, maybe you should run a full and complete anti-virus scan as well as a full malware scan.  I have the 12Mbps internet and in the past month, I've been getting 12.5Mbps, consistantly, wireless with more than one tv turned on.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 15 (1,371 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Uverse is a excellent service for me. Sounds likev your computer is infected and has nothing to do with Uverse.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 15 (1,358 Views)
ACE - Master

It sounds like your computer is infected with something nefarious.

I (along with others) would highly recommend that you download Microsoft Security Essentials

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15 (1,339 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Actually, I think the user has an NVG 510 and ADSL2+ service (which is frankly giving U-verse HSI a bad name and should be rebranded) and is losing connection and getting the DNS redirects as a result of that.

Customer service.  Call AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020

Message 5 of 15 (1,336 Views)
Community Support

Hi corbettjean,

I am so sorry you are having issues with your service. If you could please elaborate more on the your issues with your browser constantly being hijacked (mainly wondering what page is it taking you too?), we would be glad to look into it, and I am positive that this community will be able to find a solution to your problems. 

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 15 (1,299 Views)

Yes, this is exactly what is going on. 

I have had techs update the firmware to no avail. I have requested on multiple occasions to have a new modem/router sent and never has at&t done this. Techs have been to my house too many times with no solutions. This is absurd. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,274 Views)

JefferMC, thanks again for actually considering that my issue is real, unlike the other yahoos who quickly assumed there is a problem with my equipment instead of at&ts. They should consider a job with at&t customer service. :-)

Message 8 of 15 (1,271 Views)

David, 

Thanks for your genuine concern, but until AT&T either reverts back to a perfectly fine high speed DSL service or fixes the glitches caused by the defective motorola equipment, your suggestions will likely do no good. I have clocked at least 100-200 hours with customer service reps/techs and there really is no solution aside from changing the equipment and smoothing the service in my area, which is a major city. Bunk. 

Message 9 of 15 (1,269 Views)
ACE - Expert

The ADSL2+ service is inferior to VDSL2 service, but it should be better than ADSL.  The NVG 510's behavior when it has issues connecting to translate a DNS address is unfortunate, but immaterial on a good line.

The short story, though, is that if your home used to be served successfully by ADSL, then ADSL2+ should be able to work.  Someone just has to find out what is causing the intermittent signal issues and fix it.  I know you've been at this a while, but I'd suggest you try working wtih DavidCS and his team, because they care and will get resources focused on your problem.  If he can't get it fixed, then it probably can't be fixed and you should look elsewhere for satisfactory service.

Message 10 of 15 (1,233 Views)
ACE - Master

corbettjean wrote:

David, 

Thanks for your genuine concern, but until AT&T either reverts back to a perfectly fine high speed DSL service or fixes the glitches caused by the defective motorola equipment, your suggestions will likely do no good. I have clocked at least 100-200 hours with customer service reps/techs and there really is no solution aside from changing the equipment and smoothing the service in my area, which is a major city. Bunk. 

Take a look at this page for some troubleshooting steps and see if it might help: http://www.ron-berman.com/2011/11/24/motorola-nvg510-help-page-for-att-u-verse-users/

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 11 of 15 (1,210 Views)

Thanks, BeeBeeSA.

Unfortunately the only solution from this page is to buy another router to bypass the one supplied by at&t. 

If that truly is the only solution, then I will do it. But, I've spoken with at&t reps about this suggestion in the past and not only with they not reimburse me, but if anything goes wrong while i am bypassing their equipment, then i am liable. 

Although it seems that this may actually work, this is no solution. AT&T needs to publicly recognize that thousands of its customers are very unhappy with their service, and fix it. 

Message 12 of 15 (1,190 Views)
ACE - Expert

They are fixing it, after a fashion.  The NVG 510 is being phased out as the supply runs out.  The Pace 5031 will be replacing it.  However, since they sold you a NVG 510, this doesn't do you a lot of good.

Message 13 of 15 (1,184 Views)
Community Support

One thing that may be worth trying is replacing that modem. If you want to give it a shot, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 15 (1,054 Views)
Highlighted

Thanks, David. I sent a message; we'll see if it works.

I've requested a replacement device on several occassions and have never received one.

At this point, only you and one particular tech who came out to my house are the only employees of AT&T who have even attempted to be helpful. It is appreciated.

Message 15 of 15 (1,043 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.