Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 6, 2014
5:53:24 PM
View profile
WWE Network

It looks like the thing finally going to happen just heard the is going to be a big anouncement on Wensday from Vince McMahon . 

It looks like the thing finally going to happen just heard the is going to be a big anouncement on Wensday from Vince McMahon . 

WWE Network

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 7:31:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Don't be suprised if it is an online-only channel.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Don't be suprised if it is an online-only channel.

-------

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WWE Network

2 of 20 (5,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 7:18:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yea sounds like its going to be a Netflix or HBO GO king of thing were it be on Roku , Tablets , PS3 , PS4 , Xbox One .

Yea sounds like its going to be a Netflix or HBO GO king of thing were it be on Roku , Tablets , PS3 , PS4 , Xbox One .

3 of 20 (5,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 7:30:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

Presumably, it's being announced now because WWE Classics On Demand is going off the air on January 31.  The rumored start date is February 24 (the day after the Elimination Chamber PPV), but we all know how accurate those can be.

(Speaking of rumors...there are reports that WWE Network will lift the ban on Chris Benoit matches and interviews, but will air a warning disclaimer at the beginning of any show in which he appears.  Personally, I think that even if this is true, it will last about as long as it takes one mother to write to Vince saying that she'll never let her sons watch any WWE programs, go to any WWE shows, or buy any WWE merchandise until "that murderer and coward" is off the air, "and yes, I don't let my sons play football either, but don't try to link Benoit's actions with what happens to football players because everybody knows professional wrestling is fake" - and, if it's from Connecticut, add, "Oh, and if I see Linda's name anywhere on the ballot, I'm voting Democrat across the board.")

Presumably, it's being announced now because WWE Classics On Demand is going off the air on January 31.  The rumored start date is February 24 (the day after the Elimination Chamber PPV), but we all know how accurate those can be.

(Speaking of rumors...there are reports that WWE Network will lift the ban on Chris Benoit matches and interviews, but will air a warning disclaimer at the beginning of any show in which he appears.  Personally, I think that even if this is true, it will last about as long as it takes one mother to write to Vince saying that she'll never let her sons watch any WWE programs, go to any WWE shows, or buy any WWE merchandise until "that murderer and coward" is off the air, "and yes, I don't let my sons play football either, but don't try to link Benoit's actions with what happens to football players because everybody knows professional wrestling is fake" - and, if it's from Connecticut, add, "Oh, and if I see Linda's name anywhere on the ballot, I'm voting Democrat across the board.")

4 of 20 (5,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 7:10:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

The annoucement is scheduled to take place at 9:30 PM Eastern on Wednesday 1/8, and is supposed to be simulcast on wwe.com.

The annoucement is scheduled to take place at 9:30 PM Eastern on Wednesday 1/8, and is supposed to be simulcast on wwe.com.

5 of 20 (5,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 9:34:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

It will 100% be a streaming service. It will not be a traditional channel on any carrier. I guarentee it. Roku/Xbox/PS3/4 Apple TV (maybe)

It will 100% be a streaming service. It will not be a traditional channel on any carrier. I guarentee it. Roku/Xbox/PS3/4 Apple TV (maybe)

6 of 20 (5,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 7:19:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jhy1978 wrote:

Here is an article on the Fox News site that confirms what you are saying. The service will start on February 24, as mentioned previously.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/08/ces-wwe-network-to-launch-in-february-as-streaming-s...

Who will be the first to threaten to leave U-verse because U-Verse is not carrying it?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

jhy1978 wrote:

Here is an article on the Fox News site that confirms what you are saying. The service will start on February 24, as mentioned previously.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/08/ces-wwe-network-to-launch-in-february-as-streaming-service/?intcmp=features

Who will be the first to threaten to leave U-verse because U-Verse is not carrying it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 20 (5,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 8:27:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

On the contrary - who will be the first to switch from, say, Xfinity to U-Verse because the only reason they were staying with Xfinity was because of WWE Classics On Demand, which will be turned off on 2/1 (because a lot of its programming, including Monday Night Wars, will be on WWE Network now)?

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody does ask, "Why doesn't U-Verse have this?  It's just a channel and some On Demand programming, right?  If Roku can have it, how hard can it be to get?", and it turns into another thread on the politics of cable channel coverage.

dwinth wrote:

On the contrary - who will be the first to switch from, say, Xfinity to U-Verse because the only reason they were staying with Xfinity was because of WWE Classics On Demand, which will be turned off on 2/1 (because a lot of its programming, including Monday Night Wars, will be on WWE Network now)?

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody does ask, "Why doesn't U-Verse have this?  It's just a channel and some On Demand programming, right?  If Roku can have it, how hard can it be to get?", and it turns into another thread on the politics of cable channel coverage.

8 of 20 (5,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 8:53:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

That Don Guy wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Well right now WWE is only offering it as a online-only channel. So none of the traditional TV providers will be offering it.

-------

That Don Guy wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Well right now WWE is only offering it as a online-only channel. So none of the traditional TV providers will be offering it.

-------

9 of 20 (5,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 9:32:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

It not going to be on cable or satilite it going be a online streeming service like Netflix or Hulu Plus .

It not going to be on cable or satilite it going be a online streeming service like Netflix or Hulu Plus .

10 of 20 (5,551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 11:13:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

rt123 wrote:

I know that - in fact, I pretty much knew that a month ago.  I was just wondering if anybody would come by and ask why.

rt123 wrote:

I know that - in fact, I pretty much knew that a month ago.  I was just wondering if anybody would come by and ask why.

11 of 20 (5,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 12:48:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

I like this move to be honest this will definatlly save money on my bill because it going to have PPV's including WrestleMania which goes about $65  i rather pay $10 .

I like this move to be honest this will definatlly save money on my bill because it going to have PPV's including WrestleMania which goes about $65  i rather pay $10 .

12 of 20 (5,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 1:15:51 PM
(0)
Community Manager

It will? I only subscribe to Hulu Plus to watch Raw and Smackdown (no TV here), in this case I'd get it right away because me and some friends buy almost every ppv.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

It will? I only subscribe to Hulu Plus to watch Raw and Smackdown (no TV here), in this case I'd get it right away because me and some friends buy almost every ppv.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 20 (5,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 2:26:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Yep apparently it will be $10/month with a 6 month commitment and start the day after the February PPV.

Bascially buy Wrestlemania in HD and get a TV network and the next 5 PPVs for free.

-------

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Yep apparently it will be $10/month with a 6 month commitment and start the day after the February PPV.

Bascially buy Wrestlemania in HD and get a TV network and the next 5 PPVs for free.

-------

14 of 20 (5,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 2:30:15 PM
(0)
Community Manager

I'm in then, let's hope (and it a very big hope) they'll release an XBOX One app, or at least have it on Apple TV. But streaming it online will always work fine for me.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I'm in then, let's hope (and it a very big hope) they'll release an XBOX One app, or at least have it on Apple TV. But streaming it online will always work fine for me.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

15 of 20 (5,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 4:35:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

A Xbox one one app will be coming out in the Summer. No Apple TV support at launch. If you want it on your TV your options are Roku (what I will be using) Xbox 360, PS3, PS4. Additionally it is available on ipad's, iphones, kindle fire hd tablet, androd tablets.

A Xbox one one app will be coming out in the Summer. No Apple TV support at launch. If you want it on your TV your options are Roku (what I will be using) Xbox 360, PS3, PS4. Additionally it is available on ipad's, iphones, kindle fire hd tablet, androd tablets.

16 of 20 (5,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 10:31:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I was on AT&Ts Facebook earlier today and saw a request to add the channel.
I was on AT&Ts Facebook earlier today and saw a request to add the channel.

17 of 20 (5,295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 6:18:30 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Well I'm going to sign up this evening, I saw it on my Apple TV and Hulu has been acting up, so I think this is the time.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Well I'm going to sign up this evening, I saw it on my Apple TV and Hulu has been acting up, so I think this is the time.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

18 of 20 (3,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 7:10:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Do it through the website first. You'll get a free week and you'll be charged monthly instead of $60 upfront for 6 months.

-------

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Do it through the website first. You'll get a free week and you'll be charged monthly instead of $60 upfront for 6 months.

-------

19 of 20 (3,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 7:12:22 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Good point, thanks!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Good point, thanks!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

20 of 20 (3,214 Views)