Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 6, 2011
9:45:56 AM
View profile
WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

I'M A WRETLING FAN AND I WAS WAS WATCHING THERE PROGRAMMING ON MONDAY NIGHT AND THEY ADVERTISED WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNEW OR IF A ATT MEMBER WOULD KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL CARRY THAT NETWORK AND IF SO ON WHAT CHANNEL... THANKYOU

I'M A WRETLING FAN AND I WAS WAS WATCHING THERE PROGRAMMING ON MONDAY NIGHT AND THEY ADVERTISED WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNEW OR IF A ATT MEMBER WOULD KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL CARRY THAT NETWORK AND IF SO ON WHAT CHANNEL... THANKYOU

WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

57 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(57)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 6:20:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
I hope U-Verse will begin negations with the WWE network launches April 1st .
I hope U-Verse will begin negations with the WWE network launches April 1st .

Re: WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

31 of 58 (3,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 11:31:00 AM
(0)
Guru

Heard around the web that WWE is pegging availability at 40M subs for kickoff, and Comcast is a big hurdle for them to clear, since USA and SyFy have coveted matches under contract. With that 40M estimate, you can almost cancel the idea of premium status. You can also almost kiss a Sports Pack placement goodbye as well. And it seems WWE isn't looking for per-subscriber compensation anywhere near what the ESPN Mafia Extortion Unit would be asking, or of what the FSNs/RSNs want. Going by what a few have said, they're looking in the $0.10-$0.15/subscriber range, and if they want higher customer exposure (i.e. U200-style placement), the lower end of that price range would be a good guess.

However ..... Comcast is probably going to call a lot of the shots in this whole thing. And they probably won't want to "rock the boat" with the other programming providers, especially given the NBCU-carriage rates (USA, SyFy, Bravo, etc.) and ratings of programs that could force not such premium-status anymore, their wanting carriage of their Universal Sports by others besides just DirecTV (only solid one so far, and January's just 15 days away), or upsetting the Versus apple cart for that transition come Jan 2. So it's looking like they won't be able to play king-of-the-mountain with competitors like Uverse or fellow cablers like TWC or Cox with all of these things happening at the same time. They've also got their 2012 London Olympics to consider, and poor ratings on that because of lack of availability could put a giant hole in their bottom line, along with the Money Pit they're trying to fill, NBC itself.

Heard around the web that WWE is pegging availability at 40M subs for kickoff, and Comcast is a big hurdle for them to clear, since USA and SyFy have coveted matches under contract. With that 40M estimate, you can almost cancel the idea of premium status. You can also almost kiss a Sports Pack placement goodbye as well. And it seems WWE isn't looking for per-subscriber compensation anywhere near what the ESPN Mafia Extortion Unit would be asking, or of what the FSNs/RSNs want. Going by what a few have said, they're looking in the $0.10-$0.15/subscriber range, and if they want higher customer exposure (i.e. U200-style placement), the lower end of that price range would be a good guess.

However ..... Comcast is probably going to call a lot of the shots in this whole thing. And they probably won't want to "rock the boat" with the other programming providers, especially given the NBCU-carriage rates (USA, SyFy, Bravo, etc.) and ratings of programs that could force not such premium-status anymore, their wanting carriage of their Universal Sports by others besides just DirecTV (only solid one so far, and January's just 15 days away), or upsetting the Versus apple cart for that transition come Jan 2. So it's looking like they won't be able to play king-of-the-mountain with competitors like Uverse or fellow cablers like TWC or Cox with all of these things happening at the same time. They've also got their 2012 London Olympics to consider, and poor ratings on that because of lack of availability could put a giant hole in their bottom line, along with the Money Pit they're trying to fill, NBC itself.

32 of 58 (3,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 4:26:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Some people are now saying that some cable companies are reporting that WWE Classics On Demand is remaining on the air until March 31 (since WWE Network will not premiere until April); also, WWE still has its "Coming in January" ads up on the channel's website.

However, at the moment (12/27), all of the WWE Classics On Demand shows on U-Verse have an "expiration date" of midnight Central time on 12/31.

Some people are now saying that some cable companies are reporting that WWE Classics On Demand is remaining on the air until March 31 (since WWE Network will not premiere until April); also, WWE still has its "Coming in January" ads up on the channel's website.

However, at the moment (12/27), all of the WWE Classics On Demand shows on U-Verse have an "expiration date" of midnight Central time on 12/31.

33 of 58 (3,296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 11:55:07 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yeah Im starting to think U-Verse is dropping WWE ondemand as both Comcast and Charter have said to me they have no plans of it going down on 1/1.

Yeah Im starting to think U-Verse is dropping WWE ondemand as both Comcast and Charter have said to me they have no plans of it going down on 1/1.

34 of 58 (3,277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2011 4:59:17 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by AmishGuy91 on Dec 28, 2011 at 5:03:58 PM

For what it's worth, I talked to someone at AT&T today and they told me AT&T's contract with WWE Classics is up 1/1/12 and since the service is being discontinued 1st quarter next year, there really wasn't a desire to renew the contract.   So yes the service will continue for a few months but it won't be on U-verse.

I also asked about the WWE Network and was told AT&T was in negotations for it and hoped to have a fair deal to carry it soon.  That doesn't sound promising to me....and was likely just said to appease me.

Not sure how much it'll help, but anyone wanting the WWE Network should request it here: 

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

For what it's worth, I talked to someone at AT&T today and they told me AT&T's contract with WWE Classics is up 1/1/12 and since the service is being discontinued 1st quarter next year, there really wasn't a desire to renew the contract.   So yes the service will continue for a few months but it won't be on U-verse.

I also asked about the WWE Network and was told AT&T was in negotations for it and hoped to have a fair deal to carry it soon.  That doesn't sound promising to me....and was likely just said to appease me.

Not sure how much it'll help, but anyone wanting the WWE Network should request it here: 

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

[ Edited ]
35 of 58 (3,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2011 5:50:23 PM
(0)
Scholar
Glad at least to here that U-verse and WWE network are in negations there is always a chance if they don't bring back the NHL network maybe WWE will be good replacement .
Glad at least to here that U-verse and WWE network are in negations there is always a chance if they don't bring back the NHL network maybe WWE will be good replacement .

36 of 58 (3,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 8:14:30 AM
(0)
Mentor
it is good to hear they're negotiating, we still got 3 mths on this thing, so I feel confident
it is good to hear they're negotiating, we still got 3 mths on this thing, so I feel confident

37 of 58 (3,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 3:10:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

I just got an email stating that the WWE has now pushed back the launch of the WWE Network until the Fall of 2012.  Looks like they may be having some issues.

I just got an email stating that the WWE has now pushed back the launch of the WWE Network until the Fall of 2012.  Looks like they may be having some issues.

38 of 58 (2,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 4:45:07 PM
(0)
Scholar
So it sucks even more that UVerse dropped Classics On Demand
So it sucks even more that UVerse dropped Classics On Demand

39 of 58 (2,776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 5:32:22 PM
(0)
Mentor

agreed, they need to add the ondemand back.

agreed, they need to add the ondemand back.

40 of 58 (2,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2012 3:03:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

The New York Post reports here that:

"Although WWE’s TV shows draw big ratings, it has yet to strike a single deal with a cable or satellite-TV provider to carry its own cable channel, sources said."

If there's that much trouble getting WWE Network off the ground, why does U-Verse still refuse to renew its contract for WWE OnDemand (which may not be going off the air as soon as everyone thought after all)?

"Although WWE’s TV shows draw big ratings, it has yet to strike a single deal with a cable or satellite-TV provider to carry its own cable channel, sources said."

If there's that much trouble getting WWE Network off the ground, why does U-Verse still refuse to renew its contract for WWE OnDemand (which may not be going off the air as soon as everyone thought after all)?

41 of 58 (2,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2012 8:39:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

That Don Guy wrote:

It wasn't AT&T that decided not to renew the contract, it was WWE who made that decision.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

That Don Guy wrote:

It wasn't AT&T that decided not to renew the contract, it was WWE who made that decision.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

42 of 58 (2,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2012 4:32:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

americangame wrote:

That Don Guy wrote:

Could you tell me what your source is on this?

(Keep in mind WWE Classics OnDemand was supposed to end everywhere on 12/31/2011, but when WWE Network was delayed, they decided to keep it going - and it is still being carried by a number of cable companies.  "The version I heard was," WWE told AT&T the new closing date was 3/31/2012, and AT&T did not want to renew the contract for just three months, although it has been confirmed that WWE Classics OnDemand will continue through at least April, and presumably until WWE Network finally goes on the air.)

americangame wrote:

That Don Guy wrote:

Could you tell me what your source is on this?

(Keep in mind WWE Classics OnDemand was supposed to end everywhere on 12/31/2011, but when WWE Network was delayed, they decided to keep it going - and it is still being carried by a number of cable companies.  "The version I heard was," WWE told AT&T the new closing date was 3/31/2012, and AT&T did not want to renew the contract for just three months, although it has been confirmed that WWE Classics OnDemand will continue through at least April, and presumably until WWE Network finally goes on the air.)

43 of 58 (2,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2012 8:05:22 AM
(0)
Teacher

It sucks that we can't get WWE Classics on Demand anymore... I just read that the WWE Classics On Demand is taking requests for what viewers want to see going into 2013 so it looks like WWE Network is delayed even further and U-Verse subscribers who want to watch the WWE programming are screwed. Pretty disappointing as this was one reason why I purchased U-verse in the first place.

It sucks that we can't get WWE Classics on Demand anymore... I just read that the WWE Classics On Demand is taking requests for what viewers want to see going into 2013 so it looks like WWE Network is delayed even further and U-Verse subscribers who want to watch the WWE programming are screwed. Pretty disappointing as this was one reason why I purchased U-verse in the first place.

44 of 58 (2,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2012 10:08:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

The latest I heard was, WWE is still working out whether or not to make WWE Network an HBO-style "premium" channel where you pay a monthly charge - in other words, it would be just like WWE Classics On Demand, except that instead of you getting to choose what to watch when you want to watch it, everything would be on a fixed schedule (of course, then you would be able to record specific shows and watch them even after the current two-week window runs out).  Also, by doing it this way, there is a chance that a number of the "smaller" PPVs would be made available live to WWE Network subscribers.

This wouldn't be too bad of a thing for most of us, since I doubt a "free" WWE Network Channel would be on any tier below U300.

The latest I heard was, WWE is still working out whether or not to make WWE Network an HBO-style "premium" channel where you pay a monthly charge - in other words, it would be just like WWE Classics On Demand, except that instead of you getting to choose what to watch when you want to watch it, everything would be on a fixed schedule (of course, then you would be able to record specific shows and watch them even after the current two-week window runs out).  Also, by doing it this way, there is a chance that a number of the "smaller" PPVs would be made available live to WWE Network subscribers.

This wouldn't be too bad of a thing for most of us, since I doubt a "free" WWE Network Channel would be on any tier below U300.

45 of 58 (2,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2012 6:12:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

hey everybody

thought some wrestling ppl might like to see this

i was browsing thru the guide for CFB games and noticed my local CW station has a new wwe show

"wwe saturday morning slam"

this is first ive seen of it, and my first guess is that itll be something similar to what sunday night heat use to be back in the day. a G-rated show safe for the whole family to enjoy. 

hey everybody

i was browsing thru the guide for CFB games and noticed my local CW station has a new wwe show

this is first ive seen of it, and my first guess is that itll be something similar to what sunday night heat use to be back in the day. a G-rated show safe for the whole family to enjoy. 

46 of 58 (2,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 10:43:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

CTEL08 wrote:

hey everybody

"G-rated"?  From what I heard, closer to Y7; reportedly, matches on WWE Slam will have an "unannounced policy" that no moves can be applied to the neck (so don't expect to see Randy Orton doing any RKOs on WWE Slam), as it is targeted at younger kids and somebody is afraid that they will try to duplicate the moves at home.

CTEL08 wrote:

hey everybody

"G-rated"?  From what I heard, closer to Y7; reportedly, matches on WWE Slam will have an "unannounced policy" that no moves can be applied to the neck (so don't expect to see Randy Orton doing any RKOs on WWE Slam), as it is targeted at younger kids and somebody is afraid that they will try to duplicate the moves at home.

47 of 58 (2,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 8:48:25 AM
(0)
Mentor

so did LEGENDS HOUSE ever come on?

48 of 58 (2,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2012 10:32:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

JoeCola wrote:

As far as I know, no, as it was meant to be on WWE Network, and there are still hopes that they will actually start the network one day.

JoeCola wrote:

As far as I know, no, as it was meant to be on WWE Network, and there are still hopes that they will actually start the network one day.

49 of 58 (2,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 6:20:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

I wish WWE would allow U-verse to carry WWE On Demand again! Smiley Frustrated

I wish WWE would allow U-verse to carry WWE On Demand again! Smiley Frustrated

50 of 58 (2,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 12:44:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

Any idea if AT&T Uverse is going to bring WWE Classic On Demand back?

51 of 58 (1,805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 11:41:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

sirhcman wrote:

Since Vince McMahon is still trying to get WWE Network started, the answer is almost certainly "no" - at least, not unless WWE decides that they're not going to start the WWE Network channel after all, and stick to what they are currently doing.

sirhcman wrote:

Since Vince McMahon is still trying to get WWE Network started, the answer is almost certainly "no" - at least, not unless WWE decides that they're not going to start the WWE Network channel after all, and stick to what they are currently doing.

52 of 58 (1,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 5:44:04 PM
(0)
Teacher

Its a real bummer because other tv services in my area still offer it Smiley Sad I really enjoyed the programming and this months programming looks excellent!

Its a real bummer because other tv services in my area still offer it Smiley Sad I really enjoyed the programming and this months programming looks excellent!

53 of 58 (1,608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 7:51:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

Here's the latest on WWE Network, according to Jim Ross:

"Still in planning stages. Stay tuned. More info coming."

Here's the latest on WWE Network, according to Jim Ross:

"Still in planning stages. Stay tuned. More info coming."

54 of 58 (1,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 10:39:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

I dont think WWE Network will ever happen, meanwhile Classics on Demand continues to pump out new content every month and Uverse hasn't even attempted to get the channel back (now a year later)..

I dont think WWE Network will ever happen, meanwhile Classics on Demand continues to pump out new content every month and Uverse hasn't even attempted to get the channel back (now a year later)..

55 of 58 (1,400 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 5:41:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

The latest rumor is:

WWE Network will premiere Monday, February 24, 2014 (the day after the Elimination Chamber PPV); this will allow it to start building up hype to the next WrestleMania.

Of course, even if this is true, the next question is, how long after it debuts will U-Verse (which carried WWE Classics On Demand until the end of 2011, then stopped on the assumption that WWE Network would take its place "any day now") consider carrying it?

The latest rumor is:

WWE Network will premiere Monday, February 24, 2014 (the day after the Elimination Chamber PPV); this will allow it to start building up hype to the next WrestleMania.

Of course, even if this is true, the next question is, how long after it debuts will U-Verse (which carried WWE Classics On Demand until the end of 2011, then stopped on the assumption that WWE Network would take its place "any day now") consider carrying it?

56 of 58 (835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 8:01:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

No need to beg AT&T to bring back WWE Classics On Demand; WWE just announced that it will shut down on January 31.  (This may or may not be a sign that WWE Network will start up relatively soon.)

No need to beg AT&T to bring back WWE Classics On Demand; WWE just announced that it will shut down on January 31.  (This may or may not be a sign that WWE Network will start up relatively soon.)

57 of 58 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 12:49:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

The "rumors of the day" concerning WWE Network:

There will be an announcement of some sort at CES in early January.

Reportedly, none of the major cable or satellite companies was really interested in WWE Network, especially when WWE wanted it to be a "premium" service with a separate monthly charge (the way U-Verse wants $15/month for Fox Soccer Plus), so rather than be on cable or satellite, it will be available Netflix/Hulu-style directly on mobile devices and things like Roku boxes.

The "rumors of the day" concerning WWE Network:

There will be an announcement of some sort at CES in early January.

Reportedly, none of the major cable or satellite companies was really interested in WWE Network, especially when WWE wanted it to be a "premium" service with a separate monthly charge (the way U-Verse wants $15/month for Fox Soccer Plus), so rather than be on cable or satellite, it will be available Netflix/Hulu-style directly on mobile devices and things like Roku boxes.

58 of 58 (608 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments