WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

Teacher

WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

I'M A WRETLING FAN AND I WAS WAS WATCHING THERE PROGRAMMING ON MONDAY NIGHT AND THEY ADVERTISED WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNEW OR IF A ATT MEMBER WOULD KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL CARRY THAT NETWORK AND IF SO ON WHAT CHANNEL... THANKYOU

Message 1 of 58 (5,918 Views)
Scholar

Re: WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

I hope U-Verse will begin negations with the WWE network launches April 1st .
Message 31 of 58 (3,813 Views)
Guru

Heard around the web that WWE is pegging availability at 40M subs for kickoff, and Comcast is a big hurdle for them to clear, since USA and SyFy have coveted matches under contract. With that 40M estimate, you can almost cancel the idea of premium status. You can also almost kiss a Sports Pack placement goodbye as well. And it seems WWE isn't looking for per-subscriber compensation anywhere near what the ESPN Mafia Extortion Unit would be asking, or of what the FSNs/RSNs want. Going by what a few have said, they're looking in the $0.10-$0.15/subscriber range, and if they want higher customer exposure (i.e. U200-style placement), the lower end of that price range would be a good guess.

However ..... Comcast is probably going to call a lot of the shots in this whole thing. And they probably won't want to "rock the boat" with the other programming providers, especially given the NBCU-carriage rates (USA, SyFy, Bravo, etc.) and ratings of programs that could force not such premium-status anymore, their wanting carriage of their Universal Sports by others besides just DirecTV (only solid one so far, and January's just 15 days away), or upsetting the Versus apple cart for that transition come Jan 2. So it's looking like they won't be able to play king-of-the-mountain with competitors like Uverse or fellow cablers like TWC or Cox with all of these things happening at the same time. They've also got their 2012 London Olympics to consider, and poor ratings on that because of lack of availability could put a giant hole in their bottom line, along with the Money Pit they're trying to fill, NBC itself.

Message 32 of 58 (3,783 Views)

Some people are now saying that some cable companies are reporting that WWE Classics On Demand is remaining on the air until March 31 (since WWE Network will not premiere until April); also, WWE still has its "Coming in January" ads up on the channel's website.

However, at the moment (12/27), all of the WWE Classics On Demand shows on U-Verse have an "expiration date" of midnight Central time on 12/31.

Message 33 of 58 (3,688 Views)
Mentor

Yeah Im starting to think U-Verse is dropping WWE ondemand as both Comcast and Charter have said to me they have no plans of it going down on 1/1.

Message 34 of 58 (3,669 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

For what it's worth, I talked to someone at AT&T today and they told me AT&T's contract with WWE Classics is up 1/1/12 and since the service is being discontinued 1st quarter next year, there really wasn't a desire to renew the contract.   So yes the service will continue for a few months but it won't be on U-verse.

I also asked about the WWE Network and was told AT&T was in negotations for it and hoped to have a fair deal to carry it soon.  That doesn't sound promising to me....and was likely just said to appease me.

Not sure how much it'll help, but anyone wanting the WWE Network should request it here: 

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

Message 35 of 58 (3,624 Views)
Scholar

Glad at least to here that U-verse and WWE network are in negations there is always a chance if they don't bring back the NHL network maybe WWE will be good replacement .
Message 36 of 58 (3,613 Views)
Mentor

it is good to hear they're negotiating, we still got 3 mths on this thing, so I feel confident
Message 37 of 58 (3,395 Views)
Scholar

I just got an email stating that the WWE has now pushed back the launch of the WWE Network until the Fall of 2012.  Looks like they may be having some issues.

Message 38 of 58 (3,178 Views)
Scholar

So it sucks even more that UVerse dropped Classics On Demand
Message 39 of 58 (3,168 Views)
Mentor

agreed, they need to add the ondemand back.

Message 40 of 58 (3,163 Views)

The New York Post reports here that:

"Although WWE’s TV shows draw big ratings, it has yet to strike a single deal with a cable or satellite-TV provider to carry its own cable channel, sources said."

If there's that much trouble getting WWE Network off the ground, why does U-Verse still refuse to renew its contract for WWE OnDemand (which may not be going off the air as soon as everyone thought after all)?
Message 41 of 58 (3,037 Views)
ACE - Professor

That Don Guy wrote:

"Although WWE’s TV shows draw big ratings, it has yet to strike a single deal with a cable or satellite-TV provider to carry its own cable channel, sources said."

If there's that much trouble getting WWE Network off the ground, why does U-Verse still refuse to renew its contract for WWE OnDemand (which may not be going off the air as soon as everyone thought after all)?

It wasn't AT&T that decided not to renew the contract, it was WWE who made that decision.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 42 of 58 (3,022 Views)
Highlighted

americangame wrote:

That Don Guy wrote:

It wasn't AT&T that decided not to renew the contract, it was WWE who made that decision.

Could you tell me what your source is on this?

(Keep in mind WWE Classics OnDemand was supposed to end everywhere on 12/31/2011, but when WWE Network was delayed, they decided to keep it going - and it is still being carried by a number of cable companies.  "The version I heard was," WWE told AT&T the new closing date was 3/31/2012, and AT&T did not want to renew the contract for just three months, although it has been confirmed that WWE Classics OnDemand will continue through at least April, and presumably until WWE Network finally goes on the air.)

Message 43 of 58 (2,983 Views)
Teacher

It sucks that we can't get WWE Classics on Demand anymore... I just read that the WWE Classics On Demand is taking requests for what viewers want to see going into 2013 so it looks like WWE Network is delayed even further and U-Verse subscribers who want to watch the WWE programming are screwed. Pretty disappointing as this was one reason why I purchased U-verse in the first place.

Message 44 of 58 (2,726 Views)

The latest I heard was, WWE is still working out whether or not to make WWE Network an HBO-style "premium" channel where you pay a monthly charge - in other words, it would be just like WWE Classics On Demand, except that instead of you getting to choose what to watch when you want to watch it, everything would be on a fixed schedule (of course, then you would be able to record specific shows and watch them even after the current two-week window runs out).  Also, by doing it this way, there is a chance that a number of the "smaller" PPVs would be made available live to WWE Network subscribers.

This wouldn't be too bad of a thing for most of us, since I doubt a "free" WWE Network Channel would be on any tier below U300.

Message 45 of 58 (2,655 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.