WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

Teacher

WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

I'M A WRETLING FAN AND I WAS WAS WATCHING THERE PROGRAMMING ON MONDAY NIGHT AND THEY ADVERTISED WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNEW OR IF A ATT MEMBER WOULD KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL CARRY THAT NETWORK AND IF SO ON WHAT CHANNEL... THANKYOU

Message 1 of 58 (5,922 Views)

Re: WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

You can enter a request here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

DPR

Message 2 of 58 (5,502 Views)

There are far too many unanswered questions concerning WWE Network to know about any definite plans.  (Anybody can claim that they're starting a cable channel...)

First, will it be on a premium tier?

Second, what effect will it have on the current WWE Classics On Demand channel?  If WWE Network is going to replace it, they have to make up the $7-8 per household per month somehow.

Third, will there be an HD version?  (Most of the older stuff WWE has is not in HD - it took a long time for WWE to switch to HD, in part because Vince McMahon wanted to make sure that it didn't make either wrestler's miseed moves or "divas'" (choose one or both: wrinkles, plastic surgeries) easier to see.)

Message 3 of 58 (5,486 Views)
Highlighted

Definately a channel to be hidden. Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 58 (5,423 Views)
Scholar

oufanindallas wrote:

Definately a channel to be hidden. Smiley Very Happy

THX 4 THE UPDATE.../SNORE

I DIDNT CATCH RAW ON MONDAY NITE, DID THEY HINT AT WHETHER THEYD JUST BE SHOWING CLASSIC STUFF, UNIQUE STUFF A LA TOUGH ENOUGH, OR WHATEVER ELSE?

Message 5 of 58 (5,377 Views)
Scholar

That Don Guy wrote:

There are far too many unanswered questions concerning WWE Network to know about any definite plans.  (Anybody can claim that they're starting a cable channel...)

First, will it be on a premium tier?

Second, what effect will it have on the current WWE Classics On Demand channel?  If WWE Network is going to replace it, they have to make up the $7-8 per household per month somehow.

Third, will there be an HD version?  (Most of the older stuff WWE has is not in HD - it took a long time for WWE to switch to HD, in part because Vince McMahon wanted to make sure that it didn't make either wrestler's miseed moves or "divas'" (choose one or both: wrinkles, plastic surgeries) easier to see.)

I THINK YOUR RIGHT, THERE WOULD PROLLY BE A LOT OF REPITITION AMONG THE ON DEMAND AND NETWORK STUFF, SO IF THERE IS A NETWORK THEN ON DEMAND STUFF WOULDNT BE WORTH THE TROUBLE.

BUT IT MIGHT BE WORTH NOTING THAT THE ON DEMAND STUFF IS A LA CARTE BASICALLY, SO ONLY A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF SUBS ARE ACTUALLY C0NTRIBUTING THAT $7/8 PER MONTH. DEPENDING ON WHAT TIER OF PROGRAMMING THEY COULD GET WWEN ON, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE UP THEIR A LA CARTE LOSSES FAIRLY QUICKLY

Message 6 of 58 (5,376 Views)
ACE - Professor

Quick request. Would you mind not typing in all caps? It's difficult to read your posts.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 58 (5,357 Views)

Either WWE or (now rumor to) UFC could buy G4 from Comcast. Cancel AOTS And finally put the final nail in this pathetic network Coffin!
Message 8 of 58 (5,351 Views)

Where are the pages of rants about............if you get this channel,  Smiley Mad  I'll LEAVE, NEVER COME BACK..............not one DIME of mine goes into the pocket of McMann!!! ala The Longhorn Network???? LOL!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

DPR

Message 9 of 58 (5,350 Views)
Professor

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

Where are the pages of rants about............if you get this channel,  Smiley Mad  I'll LEAVE, NEVER COME BACK..............not one DIME of mine goes into the pocket of McMann!!! ala The Longhorn Network???? LOL!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

DPR

BETTER YET, IF AT&T DOES NOT AD THIS CHANAL, THAN I WILL SWITCH TO DIRECOMCASTIMEWARNAR!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 58 (5,339 Views)
Scholar

americangame wrote:

Quick request. Would you mind not typing in all caps? It's difficult to read your posts.

WHAT EXACTLY WERE YOU EXPECTING  BY CLICKING ON A THREAD ABOUT PROFESSIONAL 'RASSLIN' MAY I ASK?

OH! THE RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!

Message 11 of 58 (4,331 Views)

CTEL08 wrote:

I DIDNT CATCH RAW ON MONDAY NITE, DID THEY HINT AT WHETHER THEYD JUST BE SHOWING CLASSIC STUFF, UNIQUE STUFF A LA TOUGH ENOUGH, OR WHATEVER ELSE?

No - and I suggest you keep checking wwe.com regularly, as almost certainly any updates on WWE Network will appear there first.

(Also, like I said before, "Coming in 2012" doesn't necessarily mean it will be on the air on January 1, 2012.  It may show up on December 31, 2012 - in fact, there's no guarantee it will start in 2012 at all.)

Message 12 of 58 (4,300 Views)

Supposedly, somebody received some sort of survey about WWE Network, which indicated that a possible plan is to include:

(a) two wrestling programs (note that Raw and SmackDown would remain where they are)

(b) some form of "interactive" show (possibly a call-in program of some sort)

(c) here's the big one: the main PPVs (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble) would air for free on the station

However, WWE wants to ask for between 7 and 12 dollars per viewer from the cable companies; the survey said that it would be put on cable companies' "premium tiers," but I think that an HBO-style "pay per month" system is more likely.  (This makes more sense if they get rid of WWE Classics On Demand, since that's about $8/month anyway.)

Message 13 of 58 (4,254 Views)
Scholar

SOMEWHAT OT, AND SORRY IF ANYONE  ONLY LIKES WWE AND NO OTHER FEDERATIONS, BUT PPL PICK ON WRESTLING THREADS SO FIGURED IT WASNT WORTH THE HASSLE OF MORE TROLLS PILING ON SO ....

RING OF HONOR, WHICH USE TO BE ON HDNET, IS GOING TO BE ON LOCAL STATIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRY AGAIN. THE LIST OF STATIONS THAT WILL BE CARRYING ROH IS ON THE RING OF HONOR FACEBOOK PAGE IF YOUR INTERESTED IN CHECKING

Message 14 of 58 (4,246 Views)
Contributor

I hope that ATT U Verse adds this channel right away when it comes out. It's rumored around April around wrestlemania! I just hope we do get it. I have a felling that we wont get the WWE Network right away

Message 15 of 58 (4,156 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.