Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 6, 2011
9:45:56 AM
View profile
WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

I'M A WRETLING FAN AND I WAS WAS WATCHING THERE PROGRAMMING ON MONDAY NIGHT AND THEY ADVERTISED WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNEW OR IF A ATT MEMBER WOULD KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL CARRY THAT NETWORK AND IF SO ON WHAT CHANNEL... THANKYOU

I'M A WRETLING FAN AND I WAS WAS WATCHING THERE PROGRAMMING ON MONDAY NIGHT AND THEY ADVERTISED WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNEW OR IF A ATT MEMBER WOULD KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL CARRY THAT NETWORK AND IF SO ON WHAT CHANNEL... THANKYOU

WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

57 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(57)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 11:17:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

You can enter a request here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

DPR

You can enter a request here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

DPR

Re: WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

2 of 58 (5,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 12:33:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

There are far too many unanswered questions concerning WWE Network to know about any definite plans.  (Anybody can claim that they're starting a cable channel...)

First, will it be on a premium tier?

Second, what effect will it have on the current WWE Classics On Demand channel?  If WWE Network is going to replace it, they have to make up the $7-8 per household per month somehow.

Third, will there be an HD version?  (Most of the older stuff WWE has is not in HD - it took a long time for WWE to switch to HD, in part because Vince McMahon wanted to make sure that it didn't make either wrestler's miseed moves or "divas'" (choose one or both: wrinkles, plastic surgeries) easier to see.)

There are far too many unanswered questions concerning WWE Network to know about any definite plans.  (Anybody can claim that they're starting a cable channel...)

Second, what effect will it have on the current WWE Classics On Demand channel?  If WWE Network is going to replace it, they have to make up the $7-8 per household per month somehow.

Third, will there be an HD version?  (Most of the older stuff WWE has is not in HD - it took a long time for WWE to switch to HD, in part because Vince McMahon wanted to make sure that it didn't make either wrestler's miseed moves or "divas'" (choose one or both: wrinkles, plastic surgeries) easier to see.)

3 of 58 (5,095 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 8:07:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Definately a channel to be hidden. Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 58 (5,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 11:27:57 AM
(0)
Scholar

oufanindallas wrote:

THX 4 THE UPDATE.../SNORE

I DIDNT CATCH RAW ON MONDAY NITE, DID THEY HINT AT WHETHER THEYD JUST BE SHOWING CLASSIC STUFF, UNIQUE STUFF A LA TOUGH ENOUGH, OR WHATEVER ELSE?

oufanindallas wrote:

THX 4 THE UPDATE.../SNORE

I DIDNT CATCH RAW ON MONDAY NITE, DID THEY HINT AT WHETHER THEYD JUST BE SHOWING CLASSIC STUFF, UNIQUE STUFF A LA TOUGH ENOUGH, OR WHATEVER ELSE?

5 of 58 (4,986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 11:31:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

That Don Guy wrote:

I THINK YOUR RIGHT, THERE WOULD PROLLY BE A LOT OF REPITITION AMONG THE ON DEMAND AND NETWORK STUFF, SO IF THERE IS A NETWORK THEN ON DEMAND STUFF WOULDNT BE WORTH THE TROUBLE.

BUT IT MIGHT BE WORTH NOTING THAT THE ON DEMAND STUFF IS A LA CARTE BASICALLY, SO ONLY A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF SUBS ARE ACTUALLY C0NTRIBUTING THAT $7/8 PER MONTH. DEPENDING ON WHAT TIER OF PROGRAMMING THEY COULD GET WWEN ON, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE UP THEIR A LA CARTE LOSSES FAIRLY QUICKLY

That Don Guy wrote:

I THINK YOUR RIGHT, THERE WOULD PROLLY BE A LOT OF REPITITION AMONG THE ON DEMAND AND NETWORK STUFF, SO IF THERE IS A NETWORK THEN ON DEMAND STUFF WOULDNT BE WORTH THE TROUBLE.

BUT IT MIGHT BE WORTH NOTING THAT THE ON DEMAND STUFF IS A LA CARTE BASICALLY, SO ONLY A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF SUBS ARE ACTUALLY C0NTRIBUTING THAT $7/8 PER MONTH. DEPENDING ON WHAT TIER OF PROGRAMMING THEY COULD GET WWEN ON, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE UP THEIR A LA CARTE LOSSES FAIRLY QUICKLY

6 of 58 (4,985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 1:26:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Quick request. Would you mind not typing in all caps? It's difficult to read your posts.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Quick request. Would you mind not typing in all caps? It's difficult to read your posts.

-------

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 58 (4,966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 1:56:06 PM
(0)
Guru
Either WWE or (now rumor to) UFC could buy G4 from Comcast. Cancel AOTS And finally put the final nail in this pathetic network Coffin!
Either WWE or (now rumor to) UFC could buy G4 from Comcast. Cancel AOTS And finally put the final nail in this pathetic network Coffin!
Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

8 of 58 (4,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 1:57:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

Where are the pages of rants about............if you get this channel,  Smiley Mad  I'll LEAVE, NEVER COME BACK..............not one DIME of mine goes into the pocket of McMann!!! ala The Longhorn Network???? LOL!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

DPR

Where are the pages of rants about............if you get this channel,  Smiley Mad  I'll LEAVE, NEVER COME BACK..............not one DIME of mine goes into the pocket of McMann!!! ala The Longhorn Network???? LOL!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

DPR

9 of 58 (4,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 3:36:28 PM
(0)
Professor

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

DPR

BETTER YET, IF AT&T DOES NOT AD THIS CHANAL, THAN I WILL SWITCH TO DIRECOMCASTIMEWARNAR!!!!!!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

DPR

BETTER YET, IF AT&T DOES NOT AD THIS CHANAL, THAN I WILL SWITCH TO DIRECOMCASTIMEWARNAR!!!!!!!!

10 of 58 (4,948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 1:26:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

americangame wrote:

WHAT EXACTLY WERE YOU EXPECTING  BY CLICKING ON A THREAD ABOUT PROFESSIONAL 'RASSLIN' MAY I ASK?

OH! THE RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!

americangame wrote:

WHAT EXACTLY WERE YOU EXPECTING  BY CLICKING ON A THREAD ABOUT PROFESSIONAL 'RASSLIN' MAY I ASK?

OH! THE RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!

11 of 58 (3,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 12:03:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

CTEL08 wrote:

No - and I suggest you keep checking wwe.com regularly, as almost certainly any updates on WWE Network will appear there first.

(Also, like I said before, "Coming in 2012" doesn't necessarily mean it will be on the air on January 1, 2012.  It may show up on December 31, 2012 - in fact, there's no guarantee it will start in 2012 at all.)

CTEL08 wrote:

No - and I suggest you keep checking wwe.com regularly, as almost certainly any updates on WWE Network will appear there first.

(Also, like I said before, "Coming in 2012" doesn't necessarily mean it will be on the air on January 1, 2012.  It may show up on December 31, 2012 - in fact, there's no guarantee it will start in 2012 at all.)

12 of 58 (3,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 9:23:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

Supposedly, somebody received some sort of survey about WWE Network, which indicated that a possible plan is to include:

(a) two wrestling programs (note that Raw and SmackDown would remain where they are)

(b) some form of "interactive" show (possibly a call-in program of some sort)

(c) here's the big one: the main PPVs (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble) would air for free on the station

However, WWE wants to ask for between 7 and 12 dollars per viewer from the cable companies; the survey said that it would be put on cable companies' "premium tiers," but I think that an HBO-style "pay per month" system is more likely.  (This makes more sense if they get rid of WWE Classics On Demand, since that's about $8/month anyway.)

Supposedly, somebody received some sort of survey about WWE Network, which indicated that a possible plan is to include:

(a) two wrestling programs (note that Raw and SmackDown would remain where they are)

(b) some form of "interactive" show (possibly a call-in program of some sort)

(c) here's the big one: the main PPVs (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble) would air for free on the station

However, WWE wants to ask for between 7 and 12 dollars per viewer from the cable companies; the survey said that it would be put on cable companies' "premium tiers," but I think that an HBO-style "pay per month" system is more likely.  (This makes more sense if they get rid of WWE Classics On Demand, since that's about $8/month anyway.)

13 of 58 (3,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 10:14:07 AM
(0)
Scholar

SOMEWHAT OT, AND SORRY IF ANYONE  ONLY LIKES WWE AND NO OTHER FEDERATIONS, BUT PPL PICK ON WRESTLING THREADS SO FIGURED IT WASNT WORTH THE HASSLE OF MORE TROLLS PILING ON SO ....

RING OF HONOR, WHICH USE TO BE ON HDNET, IS GOING TO BE ON LOCAL STATIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRY AGAIN. THE LIST OF STATIONS THAT WILL BE CARRYING ROH IS ON THE RING OF HONOR FACEBOOK PAGE IF YOUR INTERESTED IN CHECKING

SOMEWHAT OT, AND SORRY IF ANYONE  ONLY LIKES WWE AND NO OTHER FEDERATIONS, BUT PPL PICK ON WRESTLING THREADS SO FIGURED IT WASNT WORTH THE HASSLE OF MORE TROLLS PILING ON SO ....

RING OF HONOR, WHICH USE TO BE ON HDNET, IS GOING TO BE ON LOCAL STATIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRY AGAIN. THE LIST OF STATIONS THAT WILL BE CARRYING ROH IS ON THE RING OF HONOR FACEBOOK PAGE IF YOUR INTERESTED IN CHECKING

14 of 58 (3,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 8:50:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I hope that ATT U Verse adds this channel right away when it comes out. It's rumored around April around wrestlemania! I just hope we do get it. I have a felling that we wont get the WWE Network right away

I hope that ATT U Verse adds this channel right away when it comes out. It's rumored around April around wrestlemania! I just hope we do get it. I have a felling that we wont get the WWE Network right away

15 of 58 (3,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 11:40:21 PM
(0)
Mentor
I think we have a good chance of getting it at launch as ATT has WWEonDemand.
I think we have a good chance of getting it at launch as ATT has WWEonDemand.

16 of 58 (3,753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 8:04:56 AM
(0)
Scholar

The wrestling now is not all that good i think U- Verse will add this channell with obviously WWE classics not doing to good so yes i think its coming i think WWE network will good channel PPV's Monday night wars WWE vs WCW and you have ECW old school wrestling MSG and Boston Garden .

The wrestling now is not all that good i think U- Verse will add this channell with obviously WWE classics not doing to good so yes i think its coming i think WWE network will good channel PPV's Monday night wars WWE vs WCW and you have ECW old school wrestling MSG and Boston Garden .

17 of 58 (3,731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 12:14:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

Sports Business Daily has a recent article on the network, although it doesn't say too much that we don't alkeady know.

Sports Business Daily has a recent article on the network, although it doesn't say too much that we don't alkeady know.

18 of 58 (3,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 4:17:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

The only providers I would worry about not getting it is Time Warner Cable (for obvious reasons) they dont even carry WWE ondemand.

The only providers I would worry about not getting it is Time Warner Cable (for obvious reasons) they dont even carry WWE ondemand.

19 of 58 (3,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 5:50:08 AM
(0)
Mentor

From a CT PURA filing yesterday.

Effective January 1, 2012, WWE Classic Subscription On Demand service is being discontinued and the agreement to carry this programming will not be renewed.  The WWE Classic Subscription will be removed from subscribers’ U-verse TV service at the end of the year.  Some customers may see a $7.00 charge for this service on their January 2012 bill; however, AT&T will provide a credit for that amount in a subsequent bill cycle, and, as always, customers may call AT&T at 1.800.288.2020 if they have any questions.

From a CT PURA filing yesterday.

Effective January 1, 2012, WWE Classic Subscription On Demand service is being discontinued and the agreement to carry this programming will not be renewed.  The WWE Classic Subscription will be removed from subscribers’ U-verse TV service at the end of the year.  Some customers may see a $7.00 charge for this service on their January 2012 bill; however, AT&T will provide a credit for that amount in a subsequent bill cycle, and, as always, customers may call AT&T at 1.800.288.2020 if they have any questions.

20 of 58 (3,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 7:53:58 AM
(0)
Mentor
well that answers the question about whether or not WWE Network will be a premium channel or not...they've gotta replace that $7/mth fee somewhere
well that answers the question about whether or not WWE Network will be a premium channel or not...they've gotta replace that $7/mth fee somewhere

21 of 58 (3,817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 8:56:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:57:04 AM

JoeCola wrote:

No it doesn't. For example, if they can get it on the u200 tier at $0.20/subscriber they would bring in more money than they currently do as a $7/subscriber video on demand channel.

-------

JoeCola wrote:

No it doesn't. For example, if they can get it on the u200 tier at $0.20/subscriber they would bring in more money than they currently do as a $7/subscriber video on demand channel.

-------

[ Edited ]
22 of 58 (3,804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 10:40:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
hope you're right & they go that way....I'll pay if it's a premium tho...been waiting my whole life for a Wrestling Channel
hope you're right & they go that way....I'll pay if it's a premium tho...been waiting my whole life for a Wrestling Channel

23 of 58 (3,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 11:36:42 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by AmishGuy91 on Dec 9, 2011 at 12:16:57 PM
I think people are confused. The WWE is not discontinuing Classics On Demand (at least yet)...it just won't be on U-verse anymore because they couldn't come to an agreement to continue carrying it. This is very bad news for those of us hoping Uverse will carry the WWE Network.
I think people are confused. The WWE is not discontinuing Classics On Demand (at least yet)...it just won't be on U-verse anymore because they couldn't come to an agreement to continue carrying it. This is very bad news for those of us hoping Uverse will carry the WWE Network.

[ Edited ]
24 of 58 (3,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 7:21:24 PM
(0)
Scholar
WWE network has not been launched yet so no cable has negotiated anything yet Classics ondemand will still be available .
WWE network has not been launched yet so no cable has negotiated anything yet Classics ondemand will still be available .

25 of 58 (3,734 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

26 of 58 (3,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2011 4:08:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

There are better qualified HD channels AT&T U-verse could add to their lineup, but I swear if they add either WWE or Longhorn (or even both!) and not bring back Hallmark and NHL or adding BBC America in HD, I'm dropping U-verse.

There are better qualified HD channels AT&T U-verse could add to their lineup, but I swear if they add either WWE or Longhorn (or even both!) and not bring back Hallmark and NHL or adding BBC America in HD, I'm dropping U-verse.

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

27 of 58 (3,639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2011 11:34:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

JoeCola wrote:
April 1st launch

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/12/05/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/WWE.aspx

holy crud the new wwe network sounds like tis gonna be good

thx 4 the link joecola

JoeCola wrote:
April 1st launch

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/12/05/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/WWE.aspx

holy crud the new wwe network sounds like tis gonna be good

thx 4 the link joecola

28 of 58 (3,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2011 11:50:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

According to PWInsider , WWE will end their Classics on Demand service completely come January 1, 2012

This practice is clearly being done to give strength to the WWE Network that will debut on cable systems on April 1, 2012, the same day as WrestleMania XXVIII.  WWE has not made an official announcement to subscribers yet, but some cable providers have began informing their customers.  Another article from PWInsider  has revealed that AT&T has already sent out postcards to their WWE subscribers informing them of the cancellation.

According to PWInsider , WWE will end their Classics on Demand service completely come January 1, 2012

This practice is clearly being done to give strength to the WWE Network that will debut on cable systems on April 1, 2012, the same day as WrestleMania XXVIII.  WWE has not made an official announcement to subscribers yet, but some cable providers have began informing their customers.  Another article from PWInsider  has revealed that AT&T has already sent out postcards to their WWE subscribers informing them of the cancellation.

29 of 58 (3,614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 7:21:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

jh1978 wrote:Another article from PWInsider  has revealed that AT&T has already sent out postcards to their WWE subscribers informing them of the cancellation.

Confirmed - I received one.

This makes sense, as some of the WWE Network's advertising teases a lot of the programming (e.g. the TBS Saturday WCW show which eventually became "WCW Saturday Night") that is on the OnDemand channel.

So, does this mean we get to spend the next three months speculating on what tier, if any, WWE Network will be on?

I for one already get U-200 and Sports, but if they put it on U-300, I have to think long and hard about whether it's worth the extra $15/month.

It may come down to two questions:

One - how much does Vince McMahon want to take in from U-Verse?

Two - how many U-Verse subscribers are there at each tier?

jh1978 wrote:Another article from PWInsider  has revealed that AT&T has already sent out postcards to their WWE subscribers informing them of the cancellation.

Confirmed - I received one.

This makes sense, as some of the WWE Network's advertising teases a lot of the programming (e.g. the TBS Saturday WCW show which eventually became "WCW Saturday Night") that is on the OnDemand channel.

So, does this mean we get to spend the next three months speculating on what tier, if any, WWE Network will be on?

I for one already get U-200 and Sports, but if they put it on U-300, I have to think long and hard about whether it's worth the extra $15/month.

It may come down to two questions:

One - how much does Vince McMahon want to take in from U-Verse?

Two - how many U-Verse subscribers are there at each tier?

30 of 58 (3,594 Views)