Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 6, 2013
6:30:30 PM
View profile
WWE Classics on Demand

Now that the WWE Network probably won't see the light of day in 2013, is there anyway Classics on Demand can come back to U-Verse? It was the main reason I switched from DirecTV and if there are no plans to put the service back on I'm considering going to Comcast which still has the service.

Now that the WWE Network probably won't see the light of day in 2013, is there anyway Classics on Demand can come back to U-Verse? It was the main reason I switched from DirecTV and if there are no plans to put the service back on I'm considering going to Comcast which still has the service.

WWE Classics on Demand

17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 8:33:05 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback. 

The best way to make your channel wishes happen is to fill out this survey: http://uversechannels.att.com/

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thanks for your feedback. 

The best way to make your channel wishes happen is to fill out this survey: http://uversechannels.att.com/

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: WWE Classics on Demand

2 of 18 (2,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 12:16:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

The problem is, you have to remember that the reason it was dropped in the first place (back at the end of 2011) was because AT&T was convinced WWE Network would be starting in early 2012 and didn't want to negotiate a contract for a channel that would be off the air in three months.  As long as WWE insists that WWE Network will be on the air "real soon now," I don't hold out much hope for Classics On Demand returning to U-Verse.

Reportedly, there will be a conference call on 2/28 to announce WWE's latest earnings and possibly discuss the status of WWE Network.

The problem is, you have to remember that the reason it was dropped in the first place (back at the end of 2011) was because AT&T was convinced WWE Network would be starting in early 2012 and didn't want to negotiate a contract for a channel that would be off the air in three months.  As long as WWE insists that WWE Network will be on the air "real soon now," I don't hold out much hope for Classics On Demand returning to U-Verse.

Reportedly, there will be a conference call on 2/28 to announce WWE's latest earnings and possibly discuss the status of WWE Network.

3 of 18 (2,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 9:05:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by sirhcman on Feb 8, 2013 at 9:18:03 PM

I joined for the same reason delt joined. I also filled out that link but never got a response or heard AT&T was negotiating a deal with WWE. If AT&T thought Classics was going to end and WWE Network was to begin why didnt AT&T sign a deal with WWE to start carrying the new WWE Network once it launched? The last thing I heard was that the WWE had trouble getting a single provider to sign on for the network, this lends me to believe AT&T doesn't want anything to do with WWE Network or WWE Classics on Demand. This is very unfortunate because the content in the past few months has been amazing and now that WWE can unblur all of their WWF archive footage it makes it that much better! Maybe AT&T will eventually see that the other providers signed new deals with WWE for COD and will do the same in time but its been over a year now and I just don't see them doing it. It's just $7.00 a month that AT&T won't get from me unfortunately :-/

I joined for the same reason delt joined. I also filled out that link but never got a response or heard AT&T was negotiating a deal with WWE. If AT&T thought Classics was going to end and WWE Network was to begin why didnt AT&T sign a deal with WWE to start carrying the new WWE Network once it launched? The last thing I heard was that the WWE had trouble getting a single provider to sign on for the network, this lends me to believe AT&T doesn't want anything to do with WWE Network or WWE Classics on Demand. This is very unfortunate because the content in the past few months has been amazing and now that WWE can unblur all of their WWF archive footage it makes it that much better! Maybe AT&T will eventually see that the other providers signed new deals with WWE for COD and will do the same in time but its been over a year now and I just don't see them doing it. It's just $7.00 a month that AT&T won't get from me unfortunately :-/

[ Edited ]
4 of 18 (2,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 8:03:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

Jim Ross updated the blog section on his website yesterday. Here are some of the highlights:

On the WWE Network: "As a DirecTV customer I'm intrigued that they have legit interest in the much discussed WWE Network but why wouldn't they? I know what you know about the proposed WWE Network but I'm hopeful that it becomes a reality in the future. I applaud WWE's diligence in taking it slow and deliberate in the planning of such a major project."

Jim Ross updated the blog section on his website yesterday. Here are some of the highlights:

On the WWE Network: "As a DirecTV customer I'm intrigued that they have legit interest in the much discussed WWE Network but why wouldn't they? I know what you know about the proposed WWE Network but I'm hopeful that it becomes a reality in the future. I applaud WWE's diligence in taking it slow and deliberate in the planning of such a major project."

5 of 18 (2,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2013 10:48:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

WWE is making some announcement on Monday 2/18 at noon Eastern.  While the most likely reason is to announce that WrestleMania 30 will be at the Superdome, there is a chance that something will be said about WWE Network as well.

WWE is making some announcement on Monday 2/18 at noon Eastern.  While the most likely reason is to announce that WrestleMania 30 will be at the Superdome, there is a chance that something will be said about WWE Network as well.

6 of 18 (2,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 10:32:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

That Don Guy wrote:

The press conference was solely about WM 30 and the Superdome.  No word about WWE Network.  There is supposed to be some mention of WWE Network at the WWE conference call to announce 4th quarter 2012 earnings on February 28.  (Yes, I'll believe it when I hear it as well.)

That Don Guy wrote:

The press conference was solely about WM 30 and the Superdome.  No word about WWE Network.  There is supposed to be some mention of WWE Network at the WWE conference call to announce 4th quarter 2012 earnings on February 28.  (Yes, I'll believe it when I hear it as well.)

7 of 18 (2,000 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2013 2:08:27 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by sirhcman on May 19, 2013 at 2:08:55 PM

WWE Network is never going to launch. So does AT&T contact WWE or does WWE have to contact AT&T about bringing back WWE Classics on Demand?

WWE Network is never going to launch. So does AT&T contact WWE or does WWE have to contact AT&T about bringing back WWE Classics on Demand?

[ Edited ]
8 of 18 (1,871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2013 4:06:54 PM
(0)
Scholar
I think WWE is going to be more about streaming they have huge deals with Hulu Plus , Yahoo , and YouTube from what i read the WWE Network may never start because of the streaming deals hopefully Uverse will start think about bringing back WWE classics .
I think WWE is going to be more about streaming they have huge deals with Hulu Plus , Yahoo , and YouTube from what i read the WWE Network may never start because of the streaming deals hopefully Uverse will start think about bringing back WWE classics .

9 of 18 (1,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2013 11:20:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

sirhcman wrote:

Actually, WWE's Chief Financial Officer recently said that there is an "18-month  launch window" for WWE Network.  I am not quite sure what that means, but I have a feeling it means that it can start anytime before the end of 2014...and in all that time, AT&T is probably going to think, "Well, WWE Network can restart any day now, so it's not worth negotiating a contract for WWE Classics On Demand" (which, if I remember correctly, was the same excuse it used in January, 2012).

sirhcman wrote:

Actually, WWE's Chief Financial Officer recently said that there is an "18-month  launch window" for WWE Network.  I am not quite sure what that means, but I have a feeling it means that it can start anytime before the end of 2014...and in all that time, AT&T is probably going to think, "Well, WWE Network can restart any day now, so it's not worth negotiating a contract for WWE Classics On Demand" (which, if I remember correctly, was the same excuse it used in January, 2012).

10 of 18 (1,817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2013 6:39:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYTxprH8Ojo

WWE Network.. Coming in 2012!

It isn't happening. I don't know why AT&T won't try to strike some deal to get Classics back, it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal to re-add it since its a pay service anyway....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYTxprH8Ojo

WWE Network.. Coming in 2012!

It isn't happening. I don't know why AT&T won't try to strike some deal to get Classics back, it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal to re-add it since its a pay service anyway....

11 of 18 (1,788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2013 7:10:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Maybe AT&T isn't the responsible party. Maybe WWE doesn't want to come back to the negotiating table for the VOD service unless the new channel is also discussed.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Maybe AT&T isn't the responsible party. Maybe WWE doesn't want to come back to the negotiating table for the VOD service unless the new channel is also discussed.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

12 of 18 (1,775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2013 11:47:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Doesnt make sense because other cable companies contracts ran out and they got Classics back. Also, WWE has publicly stated multiple times that they have not signed any providers for the WWE Network so that likely isnt the case.

I e-mailed WWE about Classics and they told me if I wanted to see the channel again I should call my television provider and tell U-Verse I want them to re-add it.

Doesnt make sense because other cable companies contracts ran out and they got Classics back. Also, WWE has publicly stated multiple times that they have not signed any providers for the WWE Network so that likely isnt the case.

I e-mailed WWE about Classics and they told me if I wanted to see the channel again I should call my television provider and tell U-Verse I want them to re-add it.

13 of 18 (1,723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2013 8:44:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

WWE CFO George Barrios presented WWE's business update at the Citi Global Consumer Conference on Wednesday and addressed the WWE Network plans. Barrios listed a $12.99 to $14.99 price point. He also said the company needs to strike a deal with its first cable/satellite provider and then the company believes the rest will fall like dominos.

This does not sound promising. They announced the network over two years ago and still can't get a deal with any content provider.

WWE CFO George Barrios presented WWE's business update at the Citi Global Consumer Conference on Wednesday and addressed the WWE Network plans. Barrios listed a $12.99 to $14.99 price point. He also said the company needs to strike a deal with its first cable/satellite provider and then the company believes the rest will fall like dominos.

This does not sound promising. They announced the network over two years ago and still can't get a deal with any content provider.

14 of 18 (1,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2013 9:27:23 AM
(0)
Master

sirhcman wrote:

I don't watch wrasslin' so I don't really have a dog in this show.  However that being said, I understand that WWE wants to make a profit and they do very well at that.  With WWE being on free (cable) TV they reach a much bigger audience than if they started charging for their network and then still have PPV events.  To me, it seems like WWE is on the verge of losing it's fan base and are trying to get themselves off of cable and into a subscription based broadcast model.  Not too smart, but that's just my opinion.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

sirhcman wrote:

I don't watch wrasslin' so I don't really have a dog in this show.  However that being said, I understand that WWE wants to make a profit and they do very well at that.  With WWE being on free (cable) TV they reach a much bigger audience than if they started charging for their network and then still have PPV events.  To me, it seems like WWE is on the verge of losing it's fan base and are trying to get themselves off of cable and into a subscription based broadcast model.  Not too smart, but that's just my opinion.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

15 of 18 (1,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2013 8:23:59 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by sirhcman on Jun 18, 2013 at 8:26:38 PM

WWE has stated more than once that their flagship show, Monday Night Raw would still remain airing on the USA Network even after their new network begins. Also they would move their 'lesser' PPV events to their new paid WWE Network. Fans would only have to pay PPV prices for the big 4 (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series).

oufanindallas wrote:

With WWE being on free (cable) TV they reach a much bigger audience than if they started charging for their network and then still have PPV events.  To me, it seems like WWE is on the verge of losing it's fan base and are trying to get themselves off of cable and into a subscription based broadcast model.  Not too smart, but that's just my opinion.

WWE has stated more than once that their flagship show, Monday Night Raw would still remain airing on the USA Network even after their new network begins. Also they would move their 'lesser' PPV events to their new paid WWE Network. Fans would only have to pay PPV prices for the big 4 (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series).

oufanindallas wrote:

With WWE being on free (cable) TV they reach a much bigger audience than if they started charging for their network and then still have PPV events.  To me, it seems like WWE is on the verge of losing it's fan base and are trying to get themselves off of cable and into a subscription based broadcast model.  Not too smart, but that's just my opinion.

[ Edited ]
16 of 18 (1,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 8:05:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

Good to hear WWE Network is circumventing the traditional tv model. http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2014/2014_8_14.jsp

Good to hear WWE Network is circumventing the traditional tv model. http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2014/2014_8_14.jsp

17 of 18 (888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 2:21:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

sirhcman wrote:

Already a thread about WWE Network

Note that WWE Classics On Demand is ending as of the end of January

sirhcman wrote:

Already a thread about WWE Network

Note that WWE Classics On Demand is ending as of the end of January

18 of 18 (869 Views)