Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 29, 2013
11:19:29 PM
WILL THE SERVICE EVER GET ANY BETTER???

I used to be with Charter and, silly me, was unhappy about the service interruption once every few months.  Most of the time though, I get the speed that I'm paying for which is 30mbps.  Enter AT&T and I have had nothing but issues since day 1.  I actually have to wait for the webpage to load. I am paying for 18mbps and I'm lucky to be getting 17mbps.  I got tired of calling because they would make an appointment for a technician who never shows up when they are supposed to - until my issues were sent to the escalation team.  Now, 30 days later, we are back to where we are.  And the customer service rep informed me that I normally only get 50-65% of my maximum speed.  Why am I being charged 100% of my bill then?  Then he puts the blame on the other equipment in my home for the signficantly lower speed (12mbps!), like the signal interference from my wireless landline.  Really?  Only with AT&T?  Does this really get any better?  I am tied to this account until May 2014.  I can't wait!

I used to be with Charter and, silly me, was unhappy about the service interruption once every few months.  Most of the time though, I get the speed that I'm paying for which is 30mbps.  Enter AT&T and I have had nothing but issues since day 1.  I actually have to wait for the webpage to load. I am paying for 18mbps and I'm lucky to be getting 17mbps.  I got tired of calling because they would make an appointment for a technician who never shows up when they are supposed to - until my issues were sent to the escalation team.  Now, 30 days later, we are back to where we are.  And the customer service rep informed me that I normally only get 50-65% of my maximum speed.  Why am I being charged 100% of my bill then?  Then he puts the blame on the other equipment in my home for the signficantly lower speed (12mbps!), like the signal interference from my wireless landline.  Really?  Only with AT&T?  Does this really get any better?  I am tied to this account until May 2014.  I can't wait!

WILL THE SERVICE EVER GET ANY BETTER???

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 6:06:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

17Mbps on the 18Mbps is doing great.  12, not too bad, but not what you are paying for.  You should expect between 14-18Mbps down.  Download SomeJoe777's UVerse realtime and post screen shots of the ip profile, error table and bit loading screens. 

As for 50-65% of max speed, that's just not true so I'm not sure why the rep would say that.  I have the 12Mbps and I consistantly get 11.5Mbps down, wireless.  It does occassionally drop to 9.5, but that's the exception, not the rule.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

17Mbps on the 18Mbps is doing great.  12, not too bad, but not what you are paying for.  You should expect between 14-18Mbps down.  Download SomeJoe777's UVerse realtime and post screen shots of the ip profile, error table and bit loading screens. 

As for 50-65% of max speed, that's just not true so I'm not sure why the rep would say that.  I have the 12Mbps and I consistantly get 11.5Mbps down, wireless.  It does occassionally drop to 9.5, but that's the exception, not the rule.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WILL THE SERVICE EVER GET ANY BETTER???

2 of 3 (398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 11:08:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Are these speeds that you are getting measured on a wireless device?

If so you need to check on a wired computer connected to the RG.

Are these speeds that you are getting measured on a wireless device?

If so you need to check on a wired computer connected to the RG.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WILL THE SERVICE EVER GET ANY BETTER???

3 of 3 (383 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments