Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 18, 2014
5:12:58 PM
View profile
Volume needs to be turned way up

I have a Samsung HD TV and did not have any volume problems previously with cable.  Now, I have to turn the volume up to approximately 35-40 in order to hear the television shows.  The sound is not as sharp as it used to be either.  Are there any settings that anyone is aware of that can help make the volume louder?

Thanks

I have a Samsung HD TV and did not have any volume problems previously with cable.  Now, I have to turn the volume up to approximately 35-40 in order to hear the television shows.  The sound is not as sharp as it used to be either.  Are there any settings that anyone is aware of that can help make the volume louder?

Thanks

Volume needs to be turned way up

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 5:28:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
moffettl - Make sure the STB volume is all the way up to 25. You need to reprogram the remote -
att/ok-955-enter

In att mode press volume up to 25.

att/ok- 955-tv-enter will return remote to normal.

You could also check menu- options-digital audio to make sure it is set to stereo. Most TVs do not ddecode surround.
moffettl - Make sure the STB volume is all the way up to 25. You need to reprogram the remote -
att/ok-955-enter

You could also check menu- options-digital audio to make sure it is set to stereo. Most TVs do not ddecode surround.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Volume needs to be turned way up

2 of 4 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 9:21:59 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for you message.  When I use 955 and enter, I get "adults only on demand" station.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Would appreciate your further info.

aviewer wrote:
att/ok-955-enter

Thanks for you message.  When I use 955 and enter, I get "adults only on demand" station.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Would appreciate your further info.

aviewer wrote:
att/ok-955-enter

3 of 4 (236 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 9:30:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
moffettl - Others have reported having the same problem. It is odd.

Pressing att button ( top left) and OK button simultaneously is supposed to put it in the program mode & not send IR that would change the channel. Especially that channel comes as a shock.

First try holding the att & ok buttons for a beat instead of a blip.

If that does not work either ignore the channel change or do it in another room. See if the mute button activates the STB mute.

If it does not work, I guess you need a new remote (or try fresh batteries first) to make it work.
moffettl - Others have reported having the same problem. It is odd.

Pressing att button ( top left) and OK button simultaneously is supposed to put it in the program mode & not send IR that would change the channel. Especially that channel comes as a shock.

First try holding the att & ok buttons for a beat instead of a blip.

If that does not work either ignore the channel change or do it in another room. See if the mute button activates the STB mute.

If it does not work, I guess you need a new remote (or try fresh batteries first) to make it work.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (234 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments