U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 4, 2011
2:32:33 PM
View profile
Volume Varies on wireless receiver

I have recently installed a wireless receiver on my Vizio television.  The only problem I am having is that the volume varies up and down from quiet to very loud.  Anybody know how I can fix this problem.  It did not happen with the wired receiver box.

I have recently installed a wireless receiver on my Vizio television.  The only problem I am having is that the volume varies up and down from quiet to very loud.  Anybody know how I can fix this problem.  It did not happen with the wired receiver box.

Volume Varies on wireless receiver

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 12:50:46 AM
(0)
Voyager

I'm having the same issue as well. I will try to swap it out with another wireless receiver and let you know

I'm having the same issue as well. I will try to swap it out with another wireless receiver and let you know

Re: Volume Varies on wireless receiver

2 of 5 (441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 9:40:11 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi donzg,

I definitely apologize about the inconveniences you are having. With the sound variation, I have noticed it on my end too, and the reason for it is that some shows/commercials are louder than others. An example that I run into a lot in my area is the cheesy local car commercials. I will be watching a show, and everything will be fine, but when that car commercial comes on, it is twice as loud. This could possibly be the issue, and if so, on some TVs, there is a smart sound or sound control program that will help alleviate that. 

But if you have notice a difference from one TV to the next, it could be the STB. If you need any assistance in replacing it, let me know and send me a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi donzg,

I definitely apologize about the inconveniences you are having. With the sound variation, I have noticed it on my end too, and the reason for it is that some shows/commercials are louder than others. An example that I run into a lot in my area is the cheesy local car commercials. I will be watching a show, and everything will be fine, but when that car commercial comes on, it is twice as loud. This could possibly be the issue, and if so, on some TVs, there is a smart sound or sound control program that will help alleviate that. 

But if you have notice a difference from one TV to the next, it could be the STB. If you need any assistance in replacing it, let me know and send me a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 3:51:58 PM
(0)

I am having this same problem with the wireless receiver and Vizio TV.  Volume is fine when we use feeds through the TV, such as VUDU, Netflix.  We have wireless receiver hooked up to TV through HDMI cable.  Also, the HD blue light is never lit on the receiver even though we are getting HD programming.  Any help out there?

I am having this same problem with the wireless receiver and Vizio TV.  Volume is fine when we use feeds through the TV, such as VUDU, Netflix.  We have wireless receiver hooked up to TV through HDMI cable.  Also, the HD blue light is never lit on the receiver even though we are getting HD programming.  Any help out there?

4 of 5 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 4:24:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
beanzie - So many possibilities - First the blue light not lit is indicating a problem on the HDMI interface. Most TVs cannot vary the HD rating 720 or 1080. Which is yours? Does the TV have any settings. If you disconnect the HDMI at the STB & try component cables & set the STB aspect to an HD setting, the blue light should be lit. Is the TV aspect set to normal?

One thing that causes odd audio is a TV option that is supposed to smooth volume. If it is not activated (zero setting) it may help to change it. If it is already set non-zero, it may be causing odd effects like background sounder louder than dialog.
beanzie - So many possibilities - First the blue light not lit is indicating a problem on the HDMI interface. Most TVs cannot vary the HD rating 720 or 1080. Which is yours? Does the TV have any settings. If you disconnect the HDMI at the STB & try component cables & set the STB aspect to an HD setting, the blue light should be lit. Is the TV aspect set to normal?

One thing that causes odd audio is a TV option that is supposed to smooth volume. If it is not activated (zero setting) it may help to change it. If it is already set non-zero, it may be causing odd effects like background sounder louder than dialog.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (344 Views)