Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Sep 7, 2013
10:57:41 AM
View profile
Vols game with Western Kentucky

Wow, All cable providers in the Knoxville area, are airing the Vols game with W.kentucky except AT&T. They must not  have a marketing department.

Wow, All cable providers in the Knoxville area, are airing the Vols game with W.kentucky except AT&T. They must not  have a marketing department.

Vols game with Western Kentucky

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 2:10:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Sep 7, 2013 at 2:11:59 PM

Check which local channel has broadcast rights to the SEC Network. That's the channel it would have been on. If it was on a sub-channel then yeah,U-Verse wouldn't have carried it.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Check which local channel has broadcast rights to the SEC Network. That's the channel it would have been on. If it was on a sub-channel then yeah,U-Verse wouldn't have carried it.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Vols game with Western Kentucky

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 2:10:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The game could be viewed on WatchESPN.

The game could be viewed on WatchESPN.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 2:14:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 7, 2013 at 2:15:42 PM

americangame wrote:

Should have been on your local ABC channel. If not there then on ESPN or ESPN2 (and if all esle failed WatchESPN online)

U-Verse carries all of the local channels for a broadcast region.

The game kicked off at 11:00 am CT on the SEC Network, which is a group of local broadcast channels.  Some channels were CBS affilates that, due to today US Open Tennis coverage, moved the game to a subchannel.  As we all know, U-verse does not carry subchannels.

The game was available using WatchESPN which U-verse TV subscribers have access to.  There was no reason not to be able to watch the game.

americangame wrote:

Should have been on your local ABC channel. If not there then on ESPN or ESPN2 (and if all esle failed WatchESPN online)

U-Verse carries all of the local channels for a broadcast region.

The game kicked off at 11:00 am CT on the SEC Network, which is a group of local broadcast channels.  Some channels were CBS affilates that, due to today US Open Tennis coverage, moved the game to a subchannel.  As we all know, U-verse does not carry subchannels.

The game was available using WatchESPN which U-verse TV subscribers have access to.  There was no reason not to be able to watch the game.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 3:31:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I know in the DFW area the game was on TXA21

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I know in the DFW area the game was on TXA21

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

5 of 7 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 4:09:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

It was on a sub channel and you should know they do not carry sub channels.

6 of 7 (301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 7:46:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

hex731 wrote:

Wasn't on a sub-channel in DFW.

hex731 wrote:

Wasn't on a sub-channel in DFW.

7 of 7 (269 Views)