Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 26, 2013
7:36:52 AM
View profile
Vizio tv loses video when connected via hdmi

I have been noticing an intermittent problem with my new vizio led tv (60"). After watching uverse for a while I would occassionally lose video but still have sound. I would then power cycle my tv and the video would come back and occassionally I would have to do this a couple of times since the video would go out again. I have not noticed this with other devices like my blue ray player, the ps3, or the built in smart apps like netflix or amazon. I use hdmi for connection directly from the uverse receiver to the tv.  

I have been noticing an intermittent problem with my new vizio led tv (60"). After watching uverse for a while I would occassionally lose video but still have sound. I would then power cycle my tv and the video would come back and occassionally I would have to do this a couple of times since the video would go out again. I have not noticed this with other devices like my blue ray player, the ps3, or the built in smart apps like netflix or amazon. I use hdmi for connection directly from the uverse receiver to the tv.  

Vizio tv loses video when connected via hdmi

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 9:13:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
donzg - Probably the first thing to try is a different HDMI jack on the TV. Try swapping with the jack for the blue-ray.

Second, would be swap the STB with another one in the house.

Third is change the connection to component cable.
donzg - Probably the first thing to try is a different HDMI jack on the TV. Try swapping with the jack for the blue-ray.

Second, would be swap the STB with another one in the house.

Third is change the connection to component cable.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Vizio tv loses video when connected via hdmi

2 of 6 (1,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 9:24:19 AM
(0)
Voyager

Ok will test that out when I get home and provide an update. Thanks for the tip.

Ok will test that out when I get home and provide an update. Thanks for the tip.

3 of 6 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 9:45:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
donzg - I forgot to mention swapping the cable. Try that , too. Always swap only one thing at a time, so you can use the result to determine which is at fault.
donzg - I forgot to mention swapping the cable. Try that , too. Always swap only one thing at a time, so you can use the result to determine which is at fault.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 10:45:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

What resolution is the uverse box set at? If it's 1080i than try setting it to 720p. I use to have a vizio and had similar problems, and after I changed it to 720p all was well.

What resolution is the uverse box set at? If it's 1080i than try setting it to 720p. I use to have a vizio and had similar problems, and after I changed it to 720p all was well.

5 of 6 (1,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 9:53:54 AM
(0)
Voyager

Ok swapped hdmi cables and input the problem seems to persist where I would lose video but not audio. I connected the uverse box using component and I did not have problems after that. I will try to lower down to 720p and see if that works.

Ok swapped hdmi cables and input the problem seems to persist where I would lose video but not audio. I connected the uverse box using component and I did not have problems after that. I will try to lower down to 720p and see if that works.

6 of 6 (954 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments