Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted May 31, 2012
7:29:00 PM
Virtual ER
Edited by spd2demun on May 31, 2012 at 7:29:33 PM

First in the USA--going live in Houston (area) at 10AM tomorrow.  Bet insurance will balk at paying!

Virtual ER

First in the USA--going live in Houston (area) at 10AM tomorrow.  Bet insurance will balk at paying!

Virtual ER

Virtual ER

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 9:08:31 PM
(0)
Master

Interesting and wonder if they have halographic docs there? LOL.

Bet you're right about insurance not wanting to pay and they don't seem to think any severe health problem is an emergency.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

Interesting and wonder if they have halographic docs there? LOL.

Bet you're right about insurance not wanting to pay and they don't seem to think any severe health problem is an emergency.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Re: Virtual ER

2 of 6 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 9:28:27 PM
(0)
Expert

Well, here they're required by law to give service to anyone who walks through the ER door, insurance/citizen or not.  People use the ER here for colds, headaches, things you should use a clinic/dr. for.

But could be interesting, especially for those with little kids.  I'm betting they'll be telling people to come into the ER to collect more $?  The killer at the ER is every person you meet gets to send you a bill. Smiley Sad

I wish the animal ER had something like this...animal ER is 2-3 times what the regular Vet charges!

Well, here they're required by law to give service to anyone who walks through the ER door, insurance/citizen or not.  People use the ER here for colds, headaches, things you should use a clinic/dr. for.

But could be interesting, especially for those with little kids.  I'm betting they'll be telling people to come into the ER to collect more $?  The killer at the ER is every person you meet gets to send you a bill. Smiley Sad

I wish the animal ER had something like this...animal ER is 2-3 times what the regular Vet charges!

3 of 6 (151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 9:54:18 PM
(0)
Master

Yeah, I'd like to see a patient demand to be taken to that virtual ER by ambulance! You best be on your way out if you expect insurance to pay for a squad!

Yeah, people know how to abuse ER's but they're there for a purpose. I knew some gal who took her daughter to an ER because she had chicken pox! She claimed it was because of the high fever but how'd you like to be a patient sitting there for hours with some little girl scratching her chicken pox??

Know what you mean about bills come from nowhere when you go to an ER. And you'll never really be able to tell if a certain person you get a bill from was involved or not.

Yep, would be a good idea for pets!

Uniblurb3

Yeah, I'd like to see a patient demand to be taken to that virtual ER by ambulance! You best be on your way out if you expect insurance to pay for a squad!

Yeah, people know how to abuse ER's but they're there for a purpose. I knew some gal who took her daughter to an ER because she had chicken pox! She claimed it was because of the high fever but how'd you like to be a patient sitting there for hours with some little girl scratching her chicken pox??

Know what you mean about bills come from nowhere when you go to an ER. And you'll never really be able to tell if a certain person you get a bill from was involved or not.

Yep, would be a good idea for pets!

Uniblurb3

4 of 6 (149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 11:07:15 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by spd2demun on May 31, 2012 at 11:59:06 PM

Insurance will probably tie into the feed and participate to make sure they are billing for no services.

Insurance will probably tie into the feed and participate to make sure they are billing for no services.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2012 12:48:52 AM
(0)
Expert

I got to thinking this is really nothing new because doctors have done this sort of thing for years with each other.  I think they have also done this from the US to other countries to help doctors with procedures in operations?

I got to thinking this is really nothing new because doctors have done this sort of thing for years with each other.  I think they have also done this from the US to other countries to help doctors with procedures in operations?

6 of 6 (142 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments