Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 27, 2014
3:51:36 PM
View profile
Videos freezing and high errors

I hope this is the right section.

My videos on the computer, Hulu, and Amazon are freezing. The video will freeze and the page will sometimes have to be reloaded on the computer. When using Hulu or Amazon, the video will freeze and give a message that it cannot connect. I thought the issue was the wireless network, but I wired the house with Cat 5E and am having the same problem. I get consistent results on the speed test. The only equipment issue I see is the service is being ran over Cat 3 to the RG. I then logged into the RG and found a lot of FEC errors and some CRC errors. Are the following levels normal, or could it be contributing to my video freezes?

I restarted the RG and within a few minutes it was showing errors again. The second screen shot is only about 30 minutes.

I hope this is the right section.

My videos on the computer, Hulu, and Amazon are freezing. The video will freeze and the page will sometimes have to be reloaded on the computer. When using Hulu or Amazon, the video will freeze and give a message that it cannot connect. I thought the issue was the wireless network, but I wired the house with Cat 5E and am having the same problem. I get consistent results on the speed test. The only equipment issue I see is the service is being ran over Cat 3 to the RG. I then logged into the RG and found a lot of FEC errors and some CRC errors. Are the following levels normal, or could it be contributing to my video freezes?

I restarted the RG and within a few minutes it was showing errors again. The second screen shot is only about 30 minutes.

Videos freezing and high errors

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2014 4:40:07 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @sonej4,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse services, but I will be glad to help. It does look like your line 1 is doing a lot better than your line 2, and I will be happy to look into that further for you. We will send you a private message to look into this further.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @sonej4,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse services, but I will be glad to help. It does look like your line 1 is doing a lot better than your line 2, and I will be happy to look into that further for you. We will send you a private message to look into this further.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Videos freezing and high errors

2 of 2 (104 Views)