Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 4, 2013
6:15:37 PM
View profile
Video Buffering. Maybe I need a Buferin.
Edited by NorthLineTony on Dec 4, 2013 at 6:54:37 PM

Why is it that watching a movie on Uverse.com, every five seconds it stops to buffer? I would like to add that this happens when watching a movie on uverse.com. Not so much when watching a TV show on uverse.com. It does not happen watching you tube video.

Why is it that watching a movie on Uverse.com, every five seconds it stops to buffer? I would like to add that this happens when watching a movie on uverse.com. Not so much when watching a TV show on uverse.com. It does not happen watching you tube video.

Video Buffering. Maybe I need a Buferin.

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 3:46:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is the movie your trying to watch HD?  What is your internet plan?

Here are the recommended uses by plan:

Max TurboMax PlusMaxElitePro

Speed comparison demoMax TurboMax PlusMaxElitePro
Downstream Speed up to
Mbps
Mbps
Mbps
Mbps
Mbps
Standard Monthly Rate
$66/mo.
$56/mo.
$51/mo.
$46/mo.
$41/mo.
Best Choice For:†

Video Chat
Yes    
Online Gaming
YesYes   
Streaming SD Video
YesYes   
Downloading Movies
YesYesYes  
Emailing Large Files
YesYesYes  
Watching Video Clips
YesYesYesYes 
Online Meetings
YesYesYesYes 
Music Downloading & Streaming
YesYesYesYesYes
Sharing Photos
YesYesYesYesYes
Social Networking
YesYesYesYesYes
Web Surfing & Emailing
YesYesYesYesYes

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Is the movie your trying to watch HD?  What is your internet plan?

Here are the recommended uses by plan:

Max TurboMax PlusMaxElitePro

Speed comparison demoMax TurboMax PlusMaxElitePro
Downstream Speed up to
Mbps
Mbps
Mbps
Mbps
Mbps
Standard Monthly Rate
$66/mo.
$56/mo.
$51/mo.
$46/mo.
$41/mo.
Best Choice For:†

Video Chat
Yes    
Online Gaming
YesYes   
Streaming SD Video
YesYes   
Downloading Movies
YesYesYes  
Emailing Large Files
YesYesYes  
Watching Video Clips
YesYesYesYes 
Online Meetings
YesYesYesYes 
Music Downloading & Streaming
YesYesYesYesYes
Sharing Photos
YesYesYesYesYes
Social Networking
YesYesYesYesYes
Web Surfing & Emailing
YesYesYesYesYes

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Video Buffering. Maybe I need a Buferin.

2 of 6 (423 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 6:41:02 PM
(0)
Professor

I'm not trying to download a movie, just watch it on uverse.com.  When I watch a TV show on  uverse.com, no problem. And that's new TV shows.

I'm not trying to download a movie, just watch it on uverse.com.  When I watch a TV show on  uverse.com, no problem. And that's new TV shows.

3 of 6 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 11:27:43 PM
(0)
Employee

To watch movies online your Internet package should be above 18 mbps aslo you can try to watch movies on any other computers and devices to confirm if the issue is with this computer only

To watch movies online your Internet package should be above 18 mbps aslo you can try to watch movies on any other computers and devices to confirm if the issue is with this computer only

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 5:58:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Dec 12, 2013 at 5:59:37 AM

Rajesh537 wrote:

To watch movies online your Internet package should be above 18 mbps ...

I don't care what AT&T's stupid chart says, 18 Mbps is not a requirement to stream even HD video.  It can be streamed with less than half of it.  Most streaming problems are not an issue of subscribed last mile bandwidth.

Rajesh537 wrote:

To watch movies online your Internet package should be above 18 mbps ...

I don't care what AT&T's stupid chart says, 18 Mbps is not a requirement to stream even HD video.  It can be streamed with less than half of it.  Most streaming problems are not an issue of subscribed last mile bandwidth.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 6:27:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

Video card, Processor speed, Ram, Wireless interference and OS config can have a big effect on streaming video.  Especially HD streaming.  If your Internet plan is above 6Mbps you should be OK on speed.  If you are using wireless, check it wired.  If still a problem, maybe try another (faster) computer.

Try from a fresh reboot with no backgroud applications running.

Video card, Processor speed, Ram, Wireless interference and OS config can have a big effect on streaming video.  Especially HD streaming.  If your Internet plan is above 6Mbps you should be OK on speed.  If you are using wireless, check it wired.  If still a problem, maybe try another (faster) computer.

Try from a fresh reboot with no backgroud applications running.

6 of 6 (259 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments