VOIP causing ADT alarm trouble

Contributor

VOIP causing ADT alarm trouble

The same exact thing happened to me, I had a u-verse system for internet and phone installed and ADT notified me that they were not getting the test signal,

I left the country for three weeks shortly after the installation so was not aware of this till I got back.

i tested my system with the ADT agent and it knocked my phone line out for about 10 mins and still no communication with my alarm

repeated the process 24 hrs later and still no communication with ADT from my alarm

I called ATT and they are going to send a tech to check my system

hope they can fix it, otherwise I will go back to my old system

would appreciate any advice

thank you

Mike J

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: VOIP causing ADT alarm trouble

I had a land line and due to cost switched to U-voice VoIP service.  I called ADT and had them install one of these: http://www.adt.com/home-security/solutions/monitoring/cellular-backup and didn't ever run my VoIP line to the panel.  I use the cell only.  It was $140 for the unit and installation plus .90 cents a month more to my monitoring fee.

With the money I was saving by getting the Uvoice versus the price of the land line it paid for itself in about four months.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Community Support

Hi Mikej49,

I apologize about the inconveniences you are having with your alarm after installing the U-verse services. Hopefully, it is just a simple wiring issue that the tech can correct. Let us know how it goes, and if there is anything we can do to assist, don't be afraid to ask, and I will do my best to make sure it gets resolved.

Thank you,

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

I have VoIP with UVerse and I have no issues with my ADT service.  You may need to have ADT come out and move a couple of wire to accomodate VoIP.  It's a straight forward fix.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support