VOD Problem

Scholar

VOD Problem

I am hoping someone can help me.  I have been having a problem with my video on demand for the last few nights.  Before that it worked fine.  The problem I am having when i choose a video to watch I get a message saying this video is temporarily unavailable on all videos.  Which does not bother me that much but the problem that does bother me is the fact that it hangs and will not let me return to watching TV.  To get back to the TV I have to reboot the receiver and once I reboot the receiver the video that I choose from video on demand begins to play and at that point when the video is over i can exit to the TV.  I have to go through this procedure for each video I want to watch.  I have been unable to figure out what is causing that.  I have another TV in the family room that has the dvr and does not have that problem.  Is that a sign that my box is going bad or is the software in the receiver is corrupt.  If it is corrupted software how do I redownload the software?  However rebooting the box is not a major issue with me as it reboots in less then 2 minutes and my video starts to play.  Any suggestions as to what causes that to happen will be appreciated.  As I stated when that happens I can not exit from video on demand and return to the live TV without rebooting the receiver.  I was just hoping there could be an easy fix without bothering technical support.  I have been able to get around it by using the mirroring function on my Galaxy phone to use the premium services streaming and sending it to my Samsung TV.understand the only channels I watch are the premium channels since I do not like sports and the programs on the networks are horrible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3 (323 Views)
Guru

Re: VOD Problem

[ Edited ]

Does it happen on other TVs -

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 2 of 3 (283 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: VOD Problem

pretty neat my magic words must have fixed it lol Smiley Tongue

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.