VIP2250 only shows 13.3Gb available?

Voyager

VIP2250 only shows 13.3Gb available?

I just had U-verse installed on Saturday and from the get-go the DVR has only showed that it has capacity for 18hrs of HD recording. I finally found a way to look at the actual storage (my residential gateway isn't compatible with Uverse Realtime...)

I have tried resetting it by holding down the power, okay, and down buttons but have so far been unable to get it to reset.  Although I did manage to loose the few shows I had recorded so maybe I did get it to work?

Is there anything else I should try before I start dealing with the Support line?

Message 1 of 5

Re: VIP2250 only shows 13.3Gb available?

Hello rbhenderson

The screenshots posted above indicate storage on your device, meaning the smartphone they're being displayed on. Even if your RG isn't compatible with the U-Verse Realtime Software, you'll still be able to view the Channels/Streams tab with the DVR space analysis. (You'll first have to select your network interface under configuration > Additional Features > Channels/Streams, you'll also have to check the box labeled "Enable Gathering STB Channel/Stream Data".) If disaster recovery did not help, it could be a bad DVR, and you'll probably need a replacement.
Message 2 of 5
Voyager

Ah, interesting...  The information seemed to correspond! Haha

I will give U-verse Realtime another try when I get home this evening...  Having a total of 18hrs of HD storage would indicate a storage problem to me, I'll see what it says.

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

I had to do what is called a disaster recovery on a DVR once. It will restore the DVRs storage but will erase all of your recordings. I forget how I did this but perhaps someone here will know how. If not tech support will.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Beany wrote:

I had to do what is called a disaster recovery on a DVR once. It will restore the DVRs storage but will erase all of your recordings. I forget how I did this but perhaps someone here will know how. If not tech support will.

To perform disaster recovery, you press and hold the power, ok, and down arrow buttons on the dvr until the gear displays.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support