Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 2, 2013
9:54:16 AM
View profile
VERY UNSATISFIED!!!!

At&t uverse is the worst decision I've made for cable service! A week and 3 days late, they shut off my service! !! I never received a notice of shut off of any kind. My bill was 459.90 and I was only given 2 weeks to come up with it. Being a single mom of 2, its hard to come up with that amount of money (legally). But to get ahold of someone is difficult. my cancellatiom is only $180. Looks like I will be going back to comcast..

At&t uverse is the worst decision I've made for cable service! A week and 3 days late, they shut off my service! !! I never received a notice of shut off of any kind. My bill was 459.90 and I was only given 2 weeks to come up with it. Being a single mom of 2, its hard to come up with that amount of money (legally). But to get ahold of someone is difficult. my cancellatiom is only $180. Looks like I will be going back to comcast..

VERY UNSATISFIED!!!!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 10:37:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

They are still going to come after you for the $459.90 PLUS the $180 early termination fee = $639.90 if you switch to Comcast.  With that said, you have to be more than a week and 3 days late becuase there is no amont of combined services for Uverse that would total to that amount for one month.  Are you sure your not 2 + months behind?  Remember U-verse bills a month in advance. 

I have U-450, Max 18 Internet and U-voice and my bill is only about $200. 

Something is fishy about your post.

If you want to try to speak with someone I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

They are still going to come after you for the $459.90 PLUS the $180 early termination fee = $639.90 if you switch to Comcast.  With that said, you have to be more than a week and 3 days late becuase there is no amont of combined services for Uverse that would total to that amount for one month.  Are you sure your not 2 + months behind?  Remember U-verse bills a month in advance. 

I have U-450, Max 18 Internet and U-voice and my bill is only about $200. 

Something is fishy about your post.

If you want to try to speak with someone I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: VERY UNSATISFIED!!!!

2 of 4 (390 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 1:43:59 PM
(0)
Guru

BeeBee is quite an expert, and the advice he offered is excellent.  I would only add that you will also need to return AT&T equipment via UPS according to their directions--be sure to address this in your private message and follow through, or you will be additionally charged for any equipment that you do not return.  I also have the same services as BeeBee, and I do not understand the math in your post, but you can work out details with Customer Care via PM.  Good luck.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

BeeBee is quite an expert, and the advice he offered is excellent.  I would only add that you will also need to return AT&T equipment via UPS according to their directions--be sure to address this in your private message and follow through, or you will be additionally charged for any equipment that you do not return.  I also have the same services as BeeBee, and I do not understand the math in your post, but you can work out details with Customer Care via PM.  Good luck.

3 of 4 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 10:11:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When you return the equipment hang on to your receipt so that if you are billed for the equipment you will have proof along with a tracking number for the shipment.

When you return the equipment hang on to your receipt so that if you are billed for the equipment you will have proof along with a tracking number for the shipment.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (293 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments