VERY FRUSTRATED - Dont know how to get something done about it - Switching services

Highlighted
Tutor

VERY FRUSTRATED - Dont know how to get something done about it - Switching services

I am very frustrated with AT&T right now. I switched from DSL and a land line phone to UVerse at the end of July. My startup was delayed 2 different times because of outside wiring issues. When I finally was able to install nothing was working right and they had to send a technician out.

After 3 hours I had internet and phone. After 1 week the modem started blinking red. We discovered that my 911 service wasn't connected and there are still wiring issues and the second technician is being sent out again.

I have now spent over 5 hours on the phone with customer service. Result = issue unresolved, no internet and no phone

I've had one customer service rep offer to send me an email to troubleshoot my problem - I HAVE NO INTERNET.

I asked a question about relocating the phone to another room and he told me that for a $149 charge a technician could come out and rewire things for me - AFTER I HAD BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH HIM FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS.

It is not worth the money saved for this kind of hassle. I will pay a bit more for a competent provider. Who are some reliable providers in Indianapolis?

AT&T - what can you do about this? What will you do about this?

Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)
Employee

Re: VERY FRUSTRATED - Dont know how to get something done about it - Switching services

You ordered a CSI (customer self install), where ATT agrees together service to the NID, you agree to be responsible for all issues after the NID (inside wiring, jacks, etc) if the desire is to move equipment from current location to a different location that is a billable charge regardless of ongoing issue.
If ongoing issue is outside then no charge to address that if issue is inside then that is billable as well and have both inside and rewire done at same time with one charge.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)
Tutor

Re: VERY FRUSTRATED - Dont know how to get something done about it - Switching services

The issues are at multiple locations and I am without service still. The technician spent over 3 hours trying to find the problem and thought he had it solved. It is down a week later.

To be fair - I have not been charged anything to date. However, 5 hours on the phone, 3+ hours for technician #1, and who knows how many hours for technician #2 is a lot of time lost.

They are trying to do their job and it is a significant inconvenience.

Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.