Uverse with GUI message and slow connection

Contributor

Uverse with GUI message and slow connection

I just recently switched to U-Verse.  I have the motorola NVG510 router.  At times we get the GUI message, which is a message about needing a filter on the telephone.  I have put a filter on the telephone and continue to get the message.  This happens to the desktop and any other device we connect to wi-fi.  If we turn off the router and reboot it, it will usually work for a little while, and then this message starts coming back.  Any suggestions? Should I reconfigure the modem, if so how do this?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: Uverse with GUI message and slow connection

annahaskins - If you had DSL the POTS (tel) and DSL are physically on the same wires in the house & any jack can be used for DSL and any jack can be used for the tel set by using a filter.

With U-verse the two services should be separated at the NID. The POTS can be connected to every jack in the house except the one the modem uses. The one for the modem should be direct wired exclusively to the NID.

The transition from the old model to the new one can be difficult. Verifying the connection can be just as difficult, but should result in a clean signal. If not call in for checking the NID wiring.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support