Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 6, 2013
4:24:16 AM
View profile
Uverse tv receiver screensaver

I wish the Uverse tv reciever would disable the screensaver when the tv is off

Directv recievers can do this after a certian amount of time (hours) when no activity (remote presses) 

I wish the Uverse tv reciever would disable the screensaver when the tv is off

Directv recievers can do this after a certian amount of time (hours) when no activity (remote presses) 

Uverse tv receiver screensaver

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 4:40:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sorry, not an option with Uverse.  Smiley Sad

Sorry, not an option with Uverse.  Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse tv receiver screensaver

2 of 6 (2,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 5:35:56 AM
(0)
Employee
???, if tv is off how can you see the screensaver
???, if tv is off how can you see the screensaver
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (2,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 5:44:37 AM
(0)
Teacher

No

i was saying if by chance was watching tv and fell asleep 

my tv shuts down when there is no video/audio coming after 3 minutes 

No

i was saying if by chance was watching tv and fell asleep 

my tv shuts down when there is no video/audio coming after 3 minutes 

4 of 6 (2,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 6:01:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Now that is a good reason for shutting down the output.

My new TV does the same. So, at least some new TVs have this ability. Mine shuts down pretty quickly when the computer (connected HDMI) goes to sleep.

Previous reasons for having the option to run without displaying the splash screen may not have been compelling. But, this one is - Measurable energy savings.
Now that is a good reason for shutting down the output.

My new TV does the same. So, at least some new TVs have this ability. Mine shuts down pretty quickly when the computer (connected HDMI) goes to sleep.

Previous reasons for having the option to run without displaying the splash screen may not have been compelling. But, this one is - Measurable energy savings.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (2,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 6:46:02 AM
(0)
Employee
While I understand the request, the Uverse box does not go into sleep mode (blue screen) for eight hours after last remote depression. My tvs have a sleep timer thats allows individual setting setting, so if watching 2 hour movie, could set to go turn off in 2 hours, fall asleep before, tv stll off in time frame, if wanting to watch more, change or disable setting.

The obvious course would then be a setting to do same on Uverse receiver, including never turn off for those who have posted about providing entertainment for their animal(s) while away from home.

Submit request would be recommendation for OP.
While I understand the request, the Uverse box does not go into sleep mode (blue screen) for eight hours after last remote depression. My tvs have a sleep timer thats allows individual setting setting, so if watching 2 hour movie, could set to go turn off in 2 hours, fall asleep before, tv stll off in time frame, if wanting to watch more, change or disable setting.

The obvious course would then be a setting to do same on Uverse receiver, including never turn off for those who have posted about providing entertainment for their animal(s) while away from home.

Submit request would be recommendation for OP.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (1,991 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments