Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 24, 2013
1:56:06 AM
View profile
Uverse program search function DYSfunctional - DirecTV worked

We changed from Directv to Uverse a few months ago and I just cannot get over how weak the Uverse program search function is, so I finally called tech support today just to make sure I wasn't missing something.  But no, the search feature is just dysfunctional.

Both Uverse and Directv allow you to search by name of show, actor, or director.  But with Directv I could search by keyword, for example searching for "Brazil" would give me travel/cooking/home shows featuring Brazil.  Most of my DVR lineup was done using this feature.  Now if I search from "Brazil" in Uverse, it will only find shows with Brazil in the title, which are none.

I can't imagine why Uverse doesn't make this available, since it only requires searching the "info" section of each program which is already in the onscreen program guide.  In today's world of keyword searches, THIS IS BASIC!!!!!!

We changed from Directv to Uverse a few months ago and I just cannot get over how weak the Uverse program search function is, so I finally called tech support today just to make sure I wasn't missing something.  But no, the search feature is just dysfunctional.

Both Uverse and Directv allow you to search by name of show, actor, or director.  But with Directv I could search by keyword, for example searching for "Brazil" would give me travel/cooking/home shows featuring Brazil.  Most of my DVR lineup was done using this feature.  Now if I search from "Brazil" in Uverse, it will only find shows with Brazil in the title, which are none.

I can't imagine why Uverse doesn't make this available, since it only requires searching the "info" section of each program which is already in the onscreen program guide.  In today's world of keyword searches, THIS IS BASIC!!!!!!

Uverse program search function DYSfunctional - DirecTV worked

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 11:21:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Uverse has been a work in progress since I have been a subscriber.  They have made many improvements since I subscribed in 07, and hopefully they will continue to do so.  I jumped from DTV to Uverse and missed a lot of the features that I had become accustomed to with DTV.  Hopefully the search is on the list of improvements that will be made to this service.

Uverse has been a work in progress since I have been a subscriber.  They have made many improvements since I subscribed in 07, and hopefully they will continue to do so.  I jumped from DTV to Uverse and missed a lot of the features that I had become accustomed to with DTV.  Hopefully the search is on the list of improvements that will be made to this service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse program search function DYSfunctional - DirecTV worked

2 of 5 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 11:58:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This is not universally true.  I know that for sports teams, you can enter the team name (e.g. Gamecocks) or the school name (e.g. "Clemson") and games they are listed as playing in will show, even though there name isn't in the title.

So it's not just a pure title name search.  But it's not what it could be, either.

This is not universally true.  I know that for sports teams, you can enter the team name (e.g. Gamecocks) or the school name (e.g. "Clemson") and games they are listed as playing in will show, even though there name isn't in the title.

So it's not just a pure title name search.  But it's not what it could be, either.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 3:42:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's a title and cast member search.  Not just a title search.

It's a title and cast member search.  Not just a title search.

4 of 5 (338 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 1:38:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

Jeffer: You are right about that.

anna373: If you can use the web remote to do searches and set recordings, you will find that the search is much more robust than the On Screen (i.e. TV) one.  Wish that the Tv one was as robust as the web one. 

JefferMC wrote:

Jeffer: You are right about that.

anna373: If you can use the web remote to do searches and set recordings, you will find that the search is much more robust than the On Screen (i.e. TV) one.  Wish that the Tv one was as robust as the web one. 

5 of 5 (298 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments