Uverse nothing but one big headache

Contributor

Uverse nothing but one big headache

I gave up my semi-reliable DSL and very reliable landlines in January for Uverse phone and internet.  Every step of the way, every way possible, there has been one mistake, problem or incompetency demonstrated.  I've been on the phone with AT&T for hours and atleast 20 calls, including the disconnections from AT&T while trying to fix the various problems, which are NEVER fixed.

1)  Scheduling.  Dispatch of field technicians and AT&T schedulers do not communicat in real time, resulting in appointments not being cancelled and/or appoints incorrectly scheduled.  Your a communications company - fix this!

2) Credits to bills do not show up resulting in automated calls saying I'm delinquent on a bill when I should have a credit.  What should I have a credit for:

a)  A "free" modem that never worked and was replaced after 2 weeks, but then charged for to the tune         of $106.  Four phone calls later, this charge still shows up on my bill and I am still delinquent.

b)  24 hours of no phone or internet service - service wide outage.

3) Uverse internet does not work!!  On my computer and Iphone, 1/2 the time I give up loading a page and move on.  On my Iphone, I have to "x" out the page and reload, then it goes.  Technicians cannot solve.  The second field technician replaced something on a telephone pole and said it was outmoded equipment.  Didn't really help.  Since I had cancelled that appointment with the field technician and rescheduled for later day, but he still showed up, because of problem #1 above, I couldn't verify if my internet worked.  Unfortuneately for me, my neighbor let him in to "fix things."

At a friend's book club last week, 4 women had uverse and they all complained about it and wish they had never given up DSL and their land line phone.  There is no way I would ever get Uverse tv.  In fact, I called about getting my DSL back today and it is no longer available.  I am thinking of using cable tv's internet service and giving up my landline telephone service at this point.  Really, what is the difference since I now need power to use my cell phone and my house phone - none!!  The Uverse line, though,goes down periodically, so worse than a cell phone.

One Uverse tech admitted to me, after I said to him this technology was not ready to roll out, "that it works in some places better than others."  I feel like I was sold a bill of goods and now I probably have some contractural obligation or I will be charged an arm and a leg for a modem and this come on monthly price.

How do I get out of this and get good service.  Any suggestionss?  If you are reading this and not a Uverse customer yet, DON'T DO IT.

Message 1 of 7 (497 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Re: Uverse nothing but one big headache

Sorry for your unique problems but Uverse is hands down better than most other services. I would encourage anyone to get Uverse. Maybe someone will help you on this board.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (441 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @kam170 

I'm very sorry about all the issues you're experiencing with your service. I know how frustrating it can be and our team will be happy to help with anything we can. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached and one of our managers will contact you as soon as possible to help.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7 (425 Views)
Contributor

I clicked "here" above; sent you my info and no response.

I cannot bring myself to call AT&T Uverse one more time to only have nothing resolved.  My bill is incorrect, my interenet does not work well and now the forum mentors do not respond.

What's left?

Message 4 of 7 (339 Views)
ACE - Professor

kam170 wrote:

I clicked "here" above; sent you my info and no response.

I cannot bring myself to call AT&T Uverse one more time to only have nothing resolved.  My bill is incorrect, my interenet does not work well and now the forum mentors do not respond.

What's left?

That's definitely not the norm. When I sent a message, I got a response a day later. In my case, they replied to the email address I used to register; did you check there (maybe in the junk folder?)

Perhaps  @ATTDmitriyCM can check the records to see who was assigned to your case and get some follow-up started.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7 (324 Views)
Community Manager

Hello again Kam170,

i checked and and it looks like you sent us a message 2 days ago and it got to one of our managers yesterday, so if you haven't received an email from them yet, you will today.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7 (316 Views)
Contributor

Do you call or email?  I responded to your email, but someone called me in the meantime.  I think I got the bill straightened out. Yet another tech appointment was made for April 10th for my slow internet.  In the meantime, I've discovered why my phone says I have new messages, but I can retrieve nothing in the way of voicemails.  My phone is not working!  I missed an important call from my Veternarian at closing today and I could hear them but they could not hear me.  I couldn't call them back (with my cell phone) as they had already gone to their answering service.  I cannot call out on my Uverse service.  Had a friend call me (contacted via my cell phone) and he dials me, the phone rings, I answer, but he can't hear me.  Next he tried to leave a message.  No message is available for me, though he thinks he left one.  That explains weeks of new voicemails that appear on my phone LCD, but there is nothing to retrieve. 

I've been paying for phone service that has only worked intermittently, but now I cannot even call out.  Called AT&T, yet again, and now have a phone/internet tech coming on Tuesday.  I haven't had good service since this was installed in early January.  When will this end?

Message 7 of 7 (262 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.