Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 1, 2013
12:29:34 PM
View profile
Uverse internet down multiple times weekly. NVG10modem. Authentication failed.

Uverse internet is stable one week, then goes down multiple times the next week. Very irregular since I switched from DSL in April. When I had DSL from AT&T, only 2 disruptions in 7 years.

Go to diagnostics page (NVG10 modem) and run tests, and it always comes up Authentication Failure. Reset modem and sometimes service will come back up, many times it will not. 

Technicians have been out twice, but say they can't find anything on outside wiring. No demarc box. Wire from outside just goes to inside jack. Nothing plugged into jack. Another wire from from jack runs about 20-25 feet to another jack where modem is plugged into. No other wiring in house. No fax machines, no phones. We only have internet, no tv or phone service. 

Uverse internet is stable one week, then goes down multiple times the next week. Very irregular since I switched from DSL in April. When I had DSL from AT&T, only 2 disruptions in 7 years.

Go to diagnostics page (NVG10 modem) and run tests, and it always comes up Authentication Failure. Reset modem and sometimes service will come back up, many times it will not. 

Technicians have been out twice, but say they can't find anything on outside wiring. No demarc box. Wire from outside just goes to inside jack. Nothing plugged into jack. Another wire from from jack runs about 20-25 feet to another jack where modem is plugged into. No other wiring in house. No fax machines, no phones. We only have internet, no tv or phone service. 

Uverse internet down multiple times weekly. NVG10modem. Authentication failed.

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 1:28:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Send a PM to AT&T Customer Care by clicking on the hyperlink in my sig.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service who can help you get this resolved.  Send them your info and issue and they will get back to you via PM as well.  So watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

Send a PM to AT&T Customer Care by clicking on the hyperlink in my sig.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service who can help you get this resolved.  Send them your info and issue and they will get back to you via PM as well.  So watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse internet down multiple times weekly. NVG10modem. Authentication failed.

2 of 3 (243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 2:29:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for the quick response.
Thanks for the quick response.

Re: Uverse internet down multiple times weekly. NVG10modem. Authentication failed.

3 of 3 (227 Views)