Uverse internet and tv working, phone went out . please help?

Uverse internet and tv working, phone went out . please help?

So we have brand new uverse. Phone, internet, tv.

We have brand new lines run from pole to house, brand new equipment.

Tv and internet are fine.  

Our phone is out. It either hums or gives a faint busy signal.

I reset the gateway, no dice.  I bought a cheap plain corded phone ( att brand), plugged it in where our old phone was, no dice.

So i did research here, and took the plain phone outside and plugged it into the "line 1" port on the box on the outside of the house.  Perfect dial tone. No static, no hum.

What do i do now?  There  is obviously a problem between the box outside and the three feet of cord they ran through the wall in my living room.  Everything is connected just as the technician left it.  

Also, when people call tr house, is going straight to voicemail.  It just never rings. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (480 Views)
Community Support

Re: Uverse internet and tv working, phone went out . please help?

Hi familyofjoy,

I apologize to hear about your phone issues. Thank you for going through the troubleshooting steps. It does appear that the issue is with the wire coming from the outside to inside your house. I will be reaching out to you to help you get this fixed.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (469 Views)

Re: Uverse internet and tv working, phone went out . please help?

Problem solved Smiley Happy

Technician replaced a small cable, and phone is great again.

Thanks for the quick help Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3 (426 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.