Uverse dvr recoding all episodes of a series when set to "first run only"

Mentor

Uverse dvr recoding all episodes of a series when set to "first run only"

What is the deal with this? I basically have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles set to record any day, any time first run only, so it grabs every new episode. This setup worked fine until this week where it's recording every episode that's on regardless. Being that it's a cartoon, there's alot of episodes scheduled and it's causing conflicts. I just deleted the series and readded it and still having the same problem! Anyone got any insight on what I can do to fix that?
Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: Uverse dvr recoding all episodes of a series when set to "first run only"

I know this does not help, but I set up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to be recorded on all the Nick channels, with your same parameters, and the most any channel is scheduled to record is 16.  I did notice that most of the showings do not an original air date so I guess DVR defaults to new show and records it. 

Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Uverse dvr recoding all episodes of a series when set to "first run only"

This is a known fault of the DVR, it assumes if no OAD, it's 'new'.  I get all kinds of garbage scheduled w/o OADs and have to delete them manually.  This was the default system when ATT took away the OADs a few years ago. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support