Uverse dropping VPN

Contributor

Uverse dropping VPN

Hello

I've had uverse for a number of years and am very satisfied however when I try to setup my VPN to the office it works fine for a while (2 minutes to 40 minutes) but then drops my connection. Its not the PC i've tried multiple, its not the VPN because it works fine elsewhere so it must be the internet connection. I never have issues watching Netflix, Hulu etc but those buffer it must be something with a constant connection. I also recently had a wireless thermostat installed and that has a similar issue of losing connection after a while. 

Anywhere i should start looking?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: Uverse dropping VPN

Is the VPN being used while wireless or wired?  I use my VPN connection to my office all the time and have never been dropped.  Just wondering if you might have some wireless issues.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Wireless
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

Download inSSIDer here: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/, run it and take a look at the networks around you.  Find the least congested one and set your AT&T router to that channel and see if it helps.

If it's an issue with wireless signal strength you can get one of these to solve that issue: http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020046&q_sku=sku6610387&q_manufactu...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support