Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 6, 2014
1:22:36 PM
View profile
Uverse dropping VPN

Hello

I've had uverse for a number of years and am very satisfied however when I try to setup my VPN to the office it works fine for a while (2 minutes to 40 minutes) but then drops my connection. Its not the PC i've tried multiple, its not the VPN because it works fine elsewhere so it must be the internet connection. I never have issues watching Netflix, Hulu etc but those buffer it must be something with a constant connection. I also recently had a wireless thermostat installed and that has a similar issue of losing connection after a while. 

Anywhere i should start looking?

Hello

I've had uverse for a number of years and am very satisfied however when I try to setup my VPN to the office it works fine for a while (2 minutes to 40 minutes) but then drops my connection. Its not the PC i've tried multiple, its not the VPN because it works fine elsewhere so it must be the internet connection. I never have issues watching Netflix, Hulu etc but those buffer it must be something with a constant connection. I also recently had a wireless thermostat installed and that has a similar issue of losing connection after a while. 

Anywhere i should start looking?

Uverse dropping VPN

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 3:45:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is the VPN being used while wireless or wired?  I use my VPN connection to my office all the time and have never been dropped.  Just wondering if you might have some wireless issues.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Is the VPN being used while wireless or wired?  I use my VPN connection to my office all the time and have never been dropped.  Just wondering if you might have some wireless issues.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse dropping VPN

2 of 4 (687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:47:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
Wireless
Wireless

3 of 4 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 3:27:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Download inSSIDer here: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/, run it and take a look at the networks around you.  Find the least congested one and set your AT&T router to that channel and see if it helps.

If it's an issue with wireless signal strength you can get one of these to solve that issue: http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020046&q_sku=sku6610387&q_manufactu...

Download inSSIDer here: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/, run it and take a look at the networks around you.  Find the least congested one and set your AT&T router to that channel and see if it helps.

If it's an issue with wireless signal strength you can get one of these to solve that issue: http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020046&q_sku=sku6610387&q_manufacturer=&q_model= 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (641 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments