Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 22, 2012
8:37:27 AM
Uverse connection unreliable

I've had Uverse for about 2 months now and it's been a terrible experience for me.

1.  I'm paying more money now than I was for regular att DSL, and it seems slower.

2.  My Uverse modem looses it's connection to the internet ALL the time.  I've called tech support probably about 6 or 7 times now and they still haven't been able to fix the issue.  They've sent techs out to inspect/repair the line on both the inside and outside of the apartment.  I've been late to work and had to leave work early to meet the indoor techs because of the time windows they schedule for.

3.  When I call tech support they seem to be incapable of modifying their script so every phone call is repetitive and takes way longer than it should.  Every call is exactly the same: verify account, unplug the modem and plug it back in, they run their "diagnositic", then they send someone out.

I hate to go back to TWC because their customer service is atrocious, but I'm starting to feel like I'm out of options here.  I can understand the internet not working once in a while, but the current situation isn't going to work.

I've had Uverse for about 2 months now and it's been a terrible experience for me.

1.  I'm paying more money now than I was for regular att DSL, and it seems slower.

2.  My Uverse modem looses it's connection to the internet ALL the time.  I've called tech support probably about 6 or 7 times now and they still haven't been able to fix the issue.  They've sent techs out to inspect/repair the line on both the inside and outside of the apartment.  I've been late to work and had to leave work early to meet the indoor techs because of the time windows they schedule for.

3.  When I call tech support they seem to be incapable of modifying their script so every phone call is repetitive and takes way longer than it should.  Every call is exactly the same: verify account, unplug the modem and plug it back in, they run their "diagnositic", then they send someone out.

I hate to go back to TWC because their customer service is atrocious, but I'm starting to feel like I'm out of options here.  I can understand the internet not working once in a while, but the current situation isn't going to work.

Uverse connection unreliable

8 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(8)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2012 8:59:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse connection unreliable

2 of 9 (2,517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2012 6:45:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same here, I lose internet service all the time.  My ATT DSL was way more reliable and probably even faster.  I guess the U in uverse stands for unreliable.  I have to reboot the gateway about 3 or 4 times per week.  I have tried calling customer service which takes an eternity and usually doesn't help.  They tell me it's because I have equipment plugged into the gateway.  What the heckl are all the jacks on the back for if you can't plug anything in?

Same here, I lose internet service all the time.  My ATT DSL was way more reliable and probably even faster.  I guess the U in uverse stands for unreliable.  I have to reboot the gateway about 3 or 4 times per week.  I have tried calling customer service which takes an eternity and usually doesn't help.  They tell me it's because I have equipment plugged into the gateway.  What the heckl are all the jacks on the back for if you can't plug anything in?

3 of 9 (2,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2012 1:02:30 AM
(0)
Expert

You shouldn't be losing your connection like that, and that's a lame explanation they gave you!

I suggest you also contact Alex.  He's an ATT employee who can get someone assigned to your case.

Alex

patrick9026 wrote:

You shouldn't be losing your connection like that, and that's a lame explanation they gave you!

I suggest you also contact Alex.  He's an ATT employee who can get someone assigned to your case.

Alex

patrick9026 wrote:

4 of 9 (2,249 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2012 11:55:48 AM
(1)
Contributor

Yes I have the same problem.  It cuts out all the time without warning and their support is worthless.  The only reason I haven't cancelled is because Time Warner is my only other option..... I used to have them and they are actually worse which is saying quite a bit.  So for now I am stuck with the lesser of two evils waiting for another option to come along.  Hey AT&T.....up yours.

Yes I have the same problem.  It cuts out all the time without warning and their support is worthless.  The only reason I haven't cancelled is because Time Warner is my only other option..... I used to have them and they are actually worse which is saying quite a bit.  So for now I am stuck with the lesser of two evils waiting for another option to come along.  Hey AT&T.....up yours.

5 of 9 (2,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2012 12:03:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

If after two business days you have not gotten a response, Send a PM to Alex. He or someone from his team will get in touch with you. Again keep in mind weekends.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

If after two business days you have not gotten a response, Send a PM to Alex. He or someone from his team will get in touch with you. Again keep in mind weekends.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (2,080 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 8:56:20 AM
(1)
Contributor

My service cuts out everyday also. All services stop when the gateway fails: phone, tv and net. This is unacceptable. What if I had an emergency but the phone is out? I frequently expect important phone calls but the phone is down. I reboot the router but that doesnt always work. I shouldn't have to do that everyday anyway. This router is even new. I'm getting very upset. If I have continue to experience trouble, I'll go back to Comcast.

My service cuts out everyday also. All services stop when the gateway fails: phone, tv and net. This is unacceptable. What if I had an emergency but the phone is out? I frequently expect important phone calls but the phone is down. I reboot the router but that doesnt always work. I shouldn't have to do that everyday anyway. This router is even new. I'm getting very upset. If I have continue to experience trouble, I'll go back to Comcast.

7 of 9 (1,426 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 9:45:18 PM
(1)
Employee
Which gateway do you have, can you download uvrealtime and post screenshots, that would allow for a more useful reply, thanks.

http://www.uvrealtime.com/
Which gateway do you have, can you download uvrealtime and post screenshots, that would allow for a more useful reply, thanks.

http://www.uvrealtime.com/
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 9 (1,393 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2016 12:26:15 PM
(1)
Contributor

We are having the same problem.  Every since we moved to this neighborhood we have had nothing but problems.  Our modem/router keeps losing it's signal from AT&T.  There are days when we can't seem to stay connected for more than a few seconds at a time, yet AT&T advertises 99.9% reliability.  We've had this problem for almost 5 years now.  We have seen an unknown number of inside and outside technicians, each one saying they can see the errors that the line is taking, but none of them have been able to fix it.  They have even dug up our front yard and the front yard across the street to replace our line, but nothing has helped. 

We have no other options where we live and AT&T knows they have a monopoly in our area so I believe they do very little to fix the problem.  At this point they won't even give us a bill credit due to the unreliability of their service.  

For someone taking online classes this is a horrible inconvenience.  I have to use a hotspot to do my school work.  I have given up on AT&T being able to fix the issue but we do need a regular internet provider for the home.  Hotspots can only do so much.

We are having the same problem.  Every since we moved to this neighborhood we have had nothing but problems.  Our modem/router keeps losing it's signal from AT&T.  There are days when we can't seem to stay connected for more than a few seconds at a time, yet AT&T advertises 99.9% reliability.  We've had this problem for almost 5 years now.  We have seen an unknown number of inside and outside technicians, each one saying they can see the errors that the line is taking, but none of them have been able to fix it.  They have even dug up our front yard and the front yard across the street to replace our line, but nothing has helped. 

We have no other options where we live and AT&T knows they have a monopoly in our area so I believe they do very little to fix the problem.  At this point they won't even give us a bill credit due to the unreliability of their service.  

For someone taking online classes this is a horrible inconvenience.  I have to use a hotspot to do my school work.  I have given up on AT&T being able to fix the issue but we do need a regular internet provider for the home.  Hotspots can only do so much.

9 of 9 (268 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments