Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 24, 2013
11:41:17 PM
View profile
Uverse causing home alarm to go off
At least once a month (if not more), my house alarm goes off in the middle of the night. This usually happens anywhere from 1am to 4:30am. It is terrifying. Every time this happens, my TV shows that it has lost connection and I check the phone for a dial tone and sure enough there is not one. Does anyone know of a solution to stop this from occurring? It is not something I'm going to be able to get used to and I'm sure my neighbors do not aprreciate the alarm going off in the middle of the night either.
At least once a month (if not more), my house alarm goes off in the middle of the night. This usually happens anywhere from 1am to 4:30am. It is terrifying. Every time this happens, my TV shows that it has lost connection and I check the phone for a dial tone and sure enough there is not one. Does anyone know of a solution to stop this from occurring? It is not something I'm going to be able to get used to and I'm sure my neighbors do not aprreciate the alarm going off in the middle of the night either.

Uverse causing home alarm to go off

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 12:04:51 AM
(0)
Employee
Which RG? If 3600, 3800, 3801 download uvrealtime and post screen shots.
House alarm through phone lines?, does your provider offer wireless connection?

Uverse sends out software updates to equipment, normally at time frame listed.
Depending on equipment and type of update, the RG may auto reboot.
I know DVR, set top boxes if in use gives option to delay reboot once by three hours.
If your alarm is set to sound when lose dail tone, which happens when RG reboots switching your alarm system to either wireless connection provided by alarm company or disable sensor or switch back to POTS, breaking bundle, losing discounts
Which RG? If 3600, 3800, 3801 download uvrealtime and post screen shots.
House alarm through phone lines?, does your provider offer wireless connection?

Uverse sends out software updates to equipment, normally at time frame listed.
Depending on equipment and type of update, the RG may auto reboot.
I know DVR, set top boxes if in use gives option to delay reboot once by three hours.
If your alarm is set to sound when lose dail tone, which happens when RG reboots switching your alarm system to either wireless connection provided by alarm company or disable sensor or switch back to POTS, breaking bundle, losing discounts
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Uverse causing home alarm to go off

2 of 2 (238 Views)