Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Mar 14, 2014
3:20:42 PM
View profile
Uverse Voice - missing important features

I was surprised to find no call waiting ID on the Uverse voice as well as no option for Privacy Manager or priority ringing.  For me, knowing who the call waiting beep is coming from as well as knowing who is calling me at all times is a necessity with my business and home in one place.

Does anyone know why these features are non-existent.  I would think a lot of people miss them.

Thanks for any help.

P.S.  I love the TV and Internet, but am very disappointed with the missing voice features.

I was surprised to find no call waiting ID on the Uverse voice as well as no option for Privacy Manager or priority ringing.  For me, knowing who the call waiting beep is coming from as well as knowing who is calling me at all times is a necessity with my business and home in one place.

Does anyone know why these features are non-existent.  I would think a lot of people miss them.

Thanks for any help.

P.S.  I love the TV and Internet, but am very disappointed with the missing voice features.

Uverse Voice - missing important features

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 3:56:03 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @moffettl,

I apologize for the missing features with the U-verse Voice service. It has features that regular landline did not have and, in this case, useful landline features that are not available to U-verse. We are constantly working towards improving our service, and thank you for your input. Hopefully, we will see these features in the future.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @moffettl,

I apologize for the missing features with the U-verse Voice service. It has features that regular landline did not have and, in this case, useful landline features that are not available to U-verse. We are constantly working towards improving our service, and thank you for your input. Hopefully, we will see these features in the future.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Uverse Voice - missing important features

2 of 4 (244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2014 7:49:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Actually, Anonymous Call Blocking works like Privacy Manager. It "Allows you to reject incoming calls from callers who block their Caller ID. The message “The number you dialed does not accept calls without Caller ID information” will be played to the caller indicating that you do not accept anonymous calls."

To Turn it on:  *77#

To Turn it off (but why would you want to): *87#

Also, if you have Caller ID, Call Waiting ID is included, at least according to the Uverse voice user guide, found here: http://www.att.com/media/att/2012/support/pdf/voice_user_guide.pdf

I'm really surprised and scared that the AT&T employee did not know this.

Actually, Anonymous Call Blocking works like Privacy Manager. It "Allows you to reject incoming calls from callers who block their Caller ID. The message “The number you dialed does not accept calls without Caller ID information” will be played to the caller indicating that you do not accept anonymous calls."

To Turn it on:  *77#

To Turn it off (but why would you want to): *87#

Also, if you have Caller ID, Call Waiting ID is included, at least according to the Uverse voice user guide, found here: http://www.att.com/media/att/2012/support/pdf/voice_user_guide.pdf

I'm really surprised and scared that the AT&T employee did not know this.

3 of 4 (202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2014 1:44:28 PM
(0)
Community Support

I definitely should have pointed out that they could use Anonymous Call Blocking instead, and I apologize for that. It is pretty much like Privacy Manager, but does not allow any calls through. With Privacy Manger, it allows the caller to record their name so you can accept or reject the call. 

With the call waiting Caller ID, we have encountered issues with certain phones not getting the Caller ID information, but you are correct in that it is a feature that is offered.

-David T

I definitely should have pointed out that they could use Anonymous Call Blocking instead, and I apologize for that. It is pretty much like Privacy Manager, but does not allow any calls through. With Privacy Manger, it allows the caller to record their name so you can accept or reject the call. 

With the call waiting Caller ID, we have encountered issues with certain phones not getting the Caller ID information, but you are correct in that it is a feature that is offered.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (143 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments