Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 16, 2013
7:26:46 AM
View profile
Uverse -Poor Costumer support and transparency

Hi,

I thought of sharing my experience to everyone in the community forum. I strongly believe

that it will help people like me to understand what is happening. Following are the series of events

that occured:

6th Aug: I contacted AT&T and ordered for Uverse internet in my apartment. I was told that by 9th Aug I will have internet.

9th Aug: Modem was installed in my apartment. The tech guy said I will have internet in 2-4 Hrs. However, it was not

started. I called up customer service. They promised me that it will be fixed immediately.

10th Aug: I called the person who installed modem in my apartment. He said that a technician will have to fix some

issue outside my apartment and that I should call 1800-288-2020 to raise the ticket. 

10th Aug: I called customer service. The representative said that there is nothing wrong in my connection. It only need to be activated. As mine is a Uverse connection it is directly connected to the server and there is no need of a tecnician coming to my home. Call got disconnected.

10th Aug: I called customer service. This time a new representative said that a technician needs to access my basement (which he could not). So he said  he will fix an appointment for the technician on Aug 15. I negotiated the date with him. Then the person said ok on 11th Aug 10 AM they will come and fix it. 

11th Aug 10 AM: I requested my manager of the apartments to come over to open the basement/phone box room. No one from AT&T turned up. I called 1800-288-2020. They said there is no appointment for that day and it is on Aug 15th 8AM - 2 PM somone will come and fix.

13th Aug: I received an email saying that account number ending with "631" is removed. I dont know why. I didnt check this email as the subject line was something else and I received 3 emails from AT&T saying different things.

15th Aug (noon): I called AT&T at noon asking for the appointment. They said dont worry its 8AM-8 PM and anytime they might come. I would like to remind you that (i)  I took a leave on 9th Aug  (ii) I requested my apartment manager to come over for which he drove nearly 30 miles (iii) my second leave on 15th Aug.

15th Aug (Eve): I called AT&T asking is there any problem that they didnt turn up. They said there is no account 

on my name and hung up.

15th Aug (night): I called AT&T again. They say there is an account on my name & number but there is no appointment and offcourse hung up.

15th Aug (night): I called AT&T again. They just disconnected the call. I would like to add one thing that every time you call AT&T you have to wait atleast 20 min to speak to a real person and after that they put you on hold after  every sentence for atleast 5-10 min.

16th Aug: I called AT&T asking whats the problem with my account. Now the person said there was a problem in my address (I dont understand what it means because (a)  I received by 4 digit passcode to my address (b) a technician from AT&T has installed the modem in my apartment. In any case she said she will place a new order and

that a technician will come on 21st Aug.

My questions are:

Why AT&T costumer support guys are not transparent and say what is the problem?

Why AT&T costumer support guys lie?

What is the actual process and why does it take so long?

What should be my next move cancel AT&T and take Time Warner?

I will keep updating this thread.

Thank you

Hi,

I thought of sharing my experience to everyone in the community forum. I strongly believe

that it will help people like me to understand what is happening. Following are the series of events

that occured:

6th Aug: I contacted AT&T and ordered for Uverse internet in my apartment. I was told that by 9th Aug I will have internet.

9th Aug: Modem was installed in my apartment. The tech guy said I will have internet in 2-4 Hrs. However, it was not

started. I called up customer service. They promised me that it will be fixed immediately.

10th Aug: I called the person who installed modem in my apartment. He said that a technician will have to fix some

issue outside my apartment and that I should call 1800-288-2020 to raise the ticket. 

10th Aug: I called customer service. The representative said that there is nothing wrong in my connection. It only need to be activated. As mine is a Uverse connection it is directly connected to the server and there is no need of a tecnician coming to my home. Call got disconnected.

10th Aug: I called customer service. This time a new representative said that a technician needs to access my basement (which he could not). So he said  he will fix an appointment for the technician on Aug 15. I negotiated the date with him. Then the person said ok on 11th Aug 10 AM they will come and fix it. 

11th Aug 10 AM: I requested my manager of the apartments to come over to open the basement/phone box room. No one from AT&T turned up. I called 1800-288-2020. They said there is no appointment for that day and it is on Aug 15th 8AM - 2 PM somone will come and fix.

13th Aug: I received an email saying that account number ending with "631" is removed. I dont know why. I didnt check this email as the subject line was something else and I received 3 emails from AT&T saying different things.

15th Aug (noon): I called AT&T at noon asking for the appointment. They said dont worry its 8AM-8 PM and anytime they might come. I would like to remind you that (i)  I took a leave on 9th Aug  (ii) I requested my apartment manager to come over for which he drove nearly 30 miles (iii) my second leave on 15th Aug.

15th Aug (Eve): I called AT&T asking is there any problem that they didnt turn up. They said there is no account 

on my name and hung up.

15th Aug (night): I called AT&T again. They say there is an account on my name & number but there is no appointment and offcourse hung up.

15th Aug (night): I called AT&T again. They just disconnected the call. I would like to add one thing that every time you call AT&T you have to wait atleast 20 min to speak to a real person and after that they put you on hold after  every sentence for atleast 5-10 min.

16th Aug: I called AT&T asking whats the problem with my account. Now the person said there was a problem in my address (I dont understand what it means because (a)  I received by 4 digit passcode to my address (b) a technician from AT&T has installed the modem in my apartment. In any case she said she will place a new order and

My questions are:

Thank you

Uverse -Poor Costumer support and transparency

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 6:34:13 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 17, 2013 at 7:00:03 PM

1. That might be because if for example you reach the billing department... everything on their end might show as right with the account, the order, and anything else... so it is a tech problem... or the other way around... and if you only press "0" when calling you will get most likely to the wrong place....

2. The att representative told you that the soonest available was 08/15. Agents do try to help you out, you are always given the soonest due date possible.... You were told it was done on the date you wanted too because no matter how much you try if that is the soonest that is the soonest... there is no way to make it happen sooner.... plus you could check on the appointment at http://www.att.com/u-verse/appointmentstatus or you could've called to verify everything with a different rep....

3. The process is:

* Call 1-800-288-2020 and report the problems to cust service billing and sales so it gets notated in your account

*Request Technical Support to report everything and to have someone sent to you (remember, there are lots of others with technical problems who probably called in a lot before you to have an appointment,... thats why there is nothing else sooner).

4. Time Warner? They are currently taking out channels from their packages... plus if you have already gone through all of that with att and still took the time to write this thread, you most likely want the service and will follow up throughly up until you get the service and get compensated by either a supervisor or manager because of all you went through..... Otherwise you would've already cancelled the order and gone to a different provider....

[removed unnecessary spaces]

1. That might be because if for example you reach the billing department... everything on their end might show as right with the account, the order, and anything else... so it is a tech problem... or the other way around... and if you only press "0" when calling you will get most likely to the wrong place....

2. The att representative told you that the soonest available was 08/15. Agents do try to help you out, you are always given the soonest due date possible.... You were told it was done on the date you wanted too because no matter how much you try if that is the soonest that is the soonest... there is no way to make it happen sooner.... plus you could check on the appointment at http://www.att.com/u-verse/appointmentstatus or you could've called to verify everything with a different rep....

3. The process is:

* Call 1-800-288-2020 and report the problems to cust service billing and sales so it gets notated in your account

*Request Technical Support to report everything and to have someone sent to you (remember, there are lots of others with technical problems who probably called in a lot before you to have an appointment,... thats why there is nothing else sooner).

4. Time Warner? They are currently taking out channels from their packages... plus if you have already gone through all of that with att and still took the time to write this thread, you most likely want the service and will follow up throughly up until you get the service and get compensated by either a supervisor or manager because of all you went through..... Otherwise you would've already cancelled the order and gone to a different provider....

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Uverse -Poor Costumer support and transparency

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 3:45:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

vasubio2003 wrote:

Hi,

that occured:

on my name and hung up.

My questions are:

Thank you

That is not the norm. There's something wonky going on with your account/service. You should send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care using the link below. They are a group that specializes in handling unusual situations like yours. They can be your point of contact throughout the process.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

vasubio2003 wrote:

Hi,

that occured:

on my name and hung up.

My questions are:

Thank you

That is not the norm. There's something wonky going on with your account/service. You should send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care using the link below. They are a group that specializes in handling unusual situations like yours. They can be your point of contact throughout the process.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 3:46:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

All providers have occassional carriage disputes with this network or that network. 

All providers have occassional carriage disputes with this network or that network. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 8:43:25 AM
(0)
Community Support

@vasubio2003 , has your issue been resolved yet? Has your service been activatad and your account straightened out? 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@vasubio2003 , has your issue been resolved yet? Has your service been activatad and your account straightened out? 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (186 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments