Uverse Move - WORST Customer experience EVER!

Tutor

Uverse Move - WORST Customer experience EVER!

I am considering cancelling my service and bringing in someone who can deliver my Internet/TV on time. I have been a customer (cell for years) U-verse for 1 year. I put in a request for a move last week, order was instantly delayed w/o a reason, 2 more emails later - nothing. I logged into my account a week later and checked the status - order requires additional information. I called into support 25 minutes into the call they still dont know whats going on, I was transferred to tech support II. I had to explain again why I called (talk about poor inter department communication) They had me on hold majority of the 32 minutes I was on a call with this guy "mark". 57min27seconds later he said they are really busy and would call me back. Really busy?? I guess other customers have more importance than me? I am really upset over this waste of time, I can have TV/Internet delievered to my house by any one of the local providers within a week- but to transfer they had me scheduled for over 30 days after my initial move date- ? I was bounced around by the worst support ever, only to get a call back after wasting my time. Why was I not told about the delay? I dont know, Is there a problem with the web form for moving? possibly. Is it that this company is so large it doesnt matter if I get jerked around? Yes. 

Message 1 of 16 (917 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Uverse Move - WORST Customer experience EVER!

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your moving problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 16 (889 Views)
Tutor

Here is an update so I got 2 calls from ATT with no new updates, its been several hours since the last one and no word- its been an all day thing with no update, Talk about a waste - why even have a customer service department

Message 3 of 16 (855 Views)
Tutor

I had gotten a call back - transferred to a sale rep and he was finally setting me up, bam transferred to another person (cold transfer) then after repeating my story again a 3rd time...they transfer me to billing manager . Time to start this over again.
Message 4 of 16 (836 Views)
ACE - Professor

m0be1 wrote:
I had gotten a call back - transferred to a sale rep and he was finally setting me up, bam transferred to another person (cold transfer) then after repeating my story again a 3rd time...they transfer me to billing manager . Time to start this over again.

DId you send a Private Message as mibrnsurg suggested? 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 16 (811 Views)

MicCheck wrote:

m0be1 wrote:

DId you send a Private Message as mibrnsurg suggested? 

If he is getting bounced around it doesn't sound like it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 16 (800 Views)
Tutor

So what your saying is I have to choose your link instead of calling the support line? So you acknowledge that you have poor service and only after being subjected to my 7th transfer - YES order is still messed up I have to use your link? Thats unacceptable- fix your customer service they show lack of communication skills

Message 7 of 16 (789 Views)

m0be1 wrote:

So what your saying is I have to choose your link instead of calling the support line? So you acknowledge that you have poor service and only after being subjected to my 7th transfer - YES order is still messed up I have to use your link? Thats unacceptable- fix your customer service they show lack of communication skills

If normal customer service is not working, then click the link. That will get you to the Customer Care group which is not the same as customer service.  As for the "You", we don't work for AT&T we are users just like yourself that try to post information on here to get you the desired results. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 8 of 16 (783 Views)
ACE - Expert

m0be1 wrote:

Didn't you notice it's not the script readers at CS,but people that listen to what you say and will try to find a solution for you. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 9 of 16 (741 Views)
Contributor

Looks like the customer service has remained the same for the past year. Had a similar experience while trying to transfer my connection. Instead of helping me move my internet the customer service was more interested in selling me the TV & phone connections which I didnt want.

After 90 mins of talking with multiple tiers I am told that I cannot transfer my internet to the new place as the previous resident who also had AT&T internet hasnt cancelled his connection yet.

How is this related to my service contract with AT&T ?

The customer service has no clue on the 'Service requests' part they are more like an extended Sales team. The sheer time they put you on hold & the times you have to repeat yourself is perhaps the most frustrating part of my entire Moving experience..

Looks like I am without internet till the previous resident is merciful enough to transfer/cancel his connection Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 16 (463 Views)
Community Support

Hi rohit12p,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having trying to transfer your services. With the U-verse services, we only allow for one active service at an address, so sadly, until the previous tenant cancels, he is the one with the active service keeping you from getting it. If you are still encountering problems after he clearly has moved out, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 16 (450 Views)
Employee

When a customer has existing service at a location and another customer is trying to move service to that location or set up new service at that location, then this causes what we call a working service issue. There cannot be two active services at one location. If the service at the address is abandoned, in other words, whoever lived there moved and didn't have their services disconnected, then we do have a procedure where we call either the landlord, apartment office, or realtor and confirm that this person has moved out and that the new tenant has moved in, and if we are able to get a confirmation, then we can set up that account for a disconnect and complete your order for connect at the address.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 16 (443 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

m0be1 wrote:

They are giving you an option since according to your post, you've gotten nowhere by calling. I myself am a customer service sales rep for U-Verse and I would agree that there is some fixing that does need to be made, but it's not going to happen overnight. You are being given a solution, whether you use it, that's up to you.

Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 16 (440 Views)
Contributor

I have also had a horrible experience! They will not shut up and listen to customer explain how, when and why they screwed up. They don't want to hear it. One little screw up has now turned into a huge problem for me developing into 6+ substantial misdealing regarding price abuse before I even begin counting the number of untrained and unpowered employees with ADD so bad that they continuously talk over me and interrupt me when all i am doing it trying very nicely to help them do their job. One poor young girl understood. It was obvious but no matter how hard she tried she was forced back into obeying a computer generated conclusion that supervisors admit is dead wrong but they cannot override and I'll have to wait 15 days to see if it changes and then if anyone calls me back. You do NOT have to put up with this! The best and smartest way to fight back, save a lot of money and hassle is to buy either or both of the following that sale for $99 each and install easily in 15 minutes! Google Roku streaming TV! Google Apple TV. Trust me! Try one or both! You'll save over a hundred dollars a month, have a better product, superior interface and incredible experience without a contract! Do it today! They all have 30 day money back guarantee. Then, my only request is that not if but when you fall in love with Streaming TV please show all your friends! Join the revolution! Pay it forward!
Message 14 of 16 (412 Views)

@CuriousAndPrudent 

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

Message 15 of 16 (396 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.