Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 25, 2012
10:36:19 AM
View profile
Uverse Mobile no longer available for Windows Phone

Well my Uverse mobile app for windows phone stopped working last week. The first rep told me to uninstall and reinstall. I did the uninstall and went to the at&t apps section of marketplace to reinstall and it was not there. After 15 min with a second tier rep I was told they had problems with it so it was no longer available for windows phone. Nice way to handle it, don't fix the bugs just pull it. He also told me there were no plans to bring it back for the Windows phone. Kind of odd since AT&T is doing a lot of marketing for windows phone with one hand and pulling features with the other.

Well my Uverse mobile app for windows phone stopped working last week. The first rep told me to uninstall and reinstall. I did the uninstall and went to the at&t apps section of marketplace to reinstall and it was not there. After 15 min with a second tier rep I was told they had problems with it so it was no longer available for windows phone. Nice way to handle it, don't fix the bugs just pull it. He also told me there were no plans to bring it back for the Windows phone. Kind of odd since AT&T is doing a lot of marketing for windows phone with one hand and pulling features with the other.

Uverse Mobile no longer available for Windows Phone

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2012 1:53:18 PM
(0)
Professor
The change was mainly to Microsofts decision to no longer support the older mobile OS, along with that the UVerse app is not Windows 8 compatible at this time.

Give it time and in a few months it may show back up in the marketplace, but only for Windows Mobile 8.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Give it time and in a few months it may show back up in the marketplace, but only for Windows Mobile 8.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Uverse Mobile no longer available for Windows Phone

2 of 13 (1,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 8:17:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

i do no understand your post.  Microsoft did NOT decide to no longer support 'the older OS'.  Apps can currently be submitted for Windows Phone 7 and 8.

i agree with the poster who indicated confusion, and would like to ask AT&T to please support Windows Phone 8.  Windows 8 AND Windows Phone 8 are both popular, and they are part of a massive Marketing campaign run by both AT&T and Microsoft.  it would make sense, therefore, for the deceloper team to reach and maintain parity for al of the platforms.  Windows And Windows Phone are as not hard to develop for as the other platforms, so it will NOT be that much of a load for your team.

Let's GO, AT&T!

thanks!
e

i do no understand your post.  Microsoft did NOT decide to no longer support 'the older OS'.  Apps can currently be submitted for Windows Phone 7 and 8.

i agree with the poster who indicated confusion, and would like to ask AT&T to please support Windows Phone 8.  Windows 8 AND Windows Phone 8 are both popular, and they are part of a massive Marketing campaign run by both AT&T and Microsoft.  it would make sense, therefore, for the deceloper team to reach and maintain parity for al of the platforms.  Windows And Windows Phone are as not hard to develop for as the other platforms, so it will NOT be that much of a load for your team.

Let's GO, AT&T!

thanks!
e

3 of 13 (1,524 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2013 7:20:39 AM
(0)
Professor
It has nothing to do with ATT, it is about Microsoft allowing what they wish to be available. Apple & Google does the same thing.

4 of 13 (1,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2013 11:52:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T has admitted to me on the phone it was their choice to pull the app. I was just at Microsoft for a class and talked to a member of the windows phone support team. They are trying to get people to keep developing for phone 7. The majority of windows phones out there are still phone 7 and they do not want to have people go to Apple or Android when their contract is up they want them to go to phone 8. The big complaint I had was that if you look at the forums the same problems that existed on windows phone exist on iPhone and Droid but they are releasing updates for those and trying to fix it, the Windows version they just dropped it.

AT&T has admitted to me on the phone it was their choice to pull the app. I was just at Microsoft for a class and talked to a member of the windows phone support team. They are trying to get people to keep developing for phone 7. The majority of windows phones out there are still phone 7 and they do not want to have people go to Apple or Android when their contract is up they want them to go to phone 8. The big complaint I had was that if you look at the forums the same problems that existed on windows phone exist on iPhone and Droid but they are releasing updates for those and trying to fix it, the Windows version they just dropped it.

5 of 13 (1,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2013 12:09:52 PM
(0)
Professor
One of the big reasons, is that the end users have seen the light, and are leaving the Windows platforms quicker than Microsoft realized. Not too many are moving over to 8, unless they are purchasing new computers, and even then a lot of people are either loading 7 or Linux on their computer.

It is very well known that none likes the metro interface on both the mobile and laptop/desktop environment.

One of the big reasons, is that the end users have seen the light, and are leaving the Windows platforms quicker than Microsoft realized. Not too many are moving over to 8, unless they are purchasing new computers, and even then a lot of people are either loading 7 or Linux on their computer.

It is very well known that none likes the metro interface on both the mobile and laptop/desktop environment.

6 of 13 (1,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2013 6:56:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

gregzoll_1 wrote:

Wow. That's a load of opinion stated as fact for one paragraph. Windows 8 is selling decently but everyone IS NOT loading Linux or Windows computer their new computer.  Could you cite your sources that people are uninstalling 8 and putting 7 or Linux on their computer?

Windows 8 is designed with touch in mind but it still has the ability to be easily used by someone who uses a mouse and keyboard. I've been using 8 since the consumer preview and I found it to be faster to use than 7. 

Windows 8 takes some getting used to but overall it is a great operating system and under the hood works better than 7. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

gregzoll_1 wrote:

Wow. That's a load of opinion stated as fact for one paragraph. Windows 8 is selling decently but everyone IS NOT loading Linux or Windows computer their new computer.  Could you cite your sources that people are uninstalling 8 and putting 7 or Linux on their computer?

Windows 8 is designed with touch in mind but it still has the ability to be easily used by someone who uses a mouse and keyboard. I've been using 8 since the consumer preview and I found it to be faster to use than 7. 

Windows 8 takes some getting used to but overall it is a great operating system and under the hood works better than 7. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 13 (1,451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 4:35:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

Not true

gregzoll_1 wrote:
The change was mainly to Microsofts decision to no longer support the older mobile OS, along with that the UVerse app is not Windows 8 compatible at this time.

Not true

gregzoll_1 wrote:

8 of 13 (1,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 4:36:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

gregzoll_1 wrote:
It has nothing to do with ATT, it is about Microsoft allowing what they wish to be available. Apple & Google does the same thing.

Again, Not True!

gregzoll_1 wrote:

Again, Not True!

9 of 13 (1,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 4:44:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

gregzoll_1 wrote:

Ok, enough! Isn't anyone actually monitoring these boards? Does anyone care that so called "A.C.E. Winners" are dishing out such nonsensical tripe to users? 

If anyone is interested in the truth....ATT decided to end the Windows Uverse App.

It is simply a matter of getting moe bang fo the buck. That means developing for the largest installed base, and that is not Windows Phone. Period! 

Oh, did I forget to mention that I am a licensed Microsoft Solution Provider?

gregzoll_1 wrote:

Ok, enough! Isn't anyone actually monitoring these boards? Does anyone care that so called "A.C.E. Winners" are dishing out such nonsensical tripe to users? 

If anyone is interested in the truth....ATT decided to end the Windows Uverse App.

It is simply a matter of getting moe bang fo the buck. That means developing for the largest installed base, and that is not Windows Phone. Period! 

Oh, did I forget to mention that I am a licensed Microsoft Solution Provider?

10 of 13 (1,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 7:34:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
Shadowbox, Thank you for at least providing a realistic answer to this issue. Someone should really clean up the boards. This is not the only message I've seen from this greg_zoll1... What a troll. The boards are littered with this nonsense by him. Someone should just delete his account..<br><br>Either way I feel AT&amp;T has once again jumped the gun and made a decision way too early. They decided in 2008 that they didn't need to spend money upgrading their network and ended up with egg on their face as millions of users started using the iPhone and destroyed the usability of their network... What happened? People flocked to Verizon the instant the iPhone was available.<br><br>now the Nokia has been selling decently and between the Samsung Galaxy platform and the Nokia the iPhone for the first time is losing market share. It should be apparent that the big 3 contenders are the iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. And it would be stupid for them to give up on a product that is finally making ground.<br><br>I really wish AT&amp;T would put some resources back into this. Pulling support for Windows products is asinine. It would be very short sighted to believe that just because there are other options in the marketplace that the Windows platforms are going away. If anything competition will only benefit all platforms.
Shadowbox, Thank you for at least providing a realistic answer to this issue. Someone should really clean up the boards. This is not the only message I've seen from this greg_zoll1... What a troll. The boards are littered with this nonsense by him. Someone should just delete his account..<br><br>Either way I feel AT&amp;T has once again jumped the gun and made a decision way too early. They decided in 2008 that they didn't need to spend money upgrading their network and ended up with egg on their face as millions of users started using the iPhone and destroyed the usability of their network... What happened? People flocked to Verizon the instant the iPhone was available.<br><br>now the Nokia has been selling decently and between the Samsung Galaxy platform and the Nokia the iPhone for the first time is losing market share. It should be apparent that the big 3 contenders are the iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. And it would be stupid for them to give up on a product that is finally making ground.<br><br>I really wish AT&amp;T would put some resources back into this. Pulling support for Windows products is asinine. It would be very short sighted to believe that just because there are other options in the marketplace that the Windows platforms are going away. If anything competition will only benefit all platforms.

11 of 13 (665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 12:21:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The app is working on my Droid Global 2 phone at this very minute.  However, I am looking forward to the new app that is scheduled to be released later this month.

The app is working on my Droid Global 2 phone at this very minute.  However, I am looking forward to the new app that is scheduled to be released later this month.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

12 of 13 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 3:00:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

My contract is about up on my current ATT windows phone.  If a uverse app is not coming back for windowsphone I will be looking at a different phone & provider. Is it coming back or not?

My contract is about up on my current ATT windows phone.  If a uverse app is not coming back for windowsphone I will be looking at a different phone & provider. Is it coming back or not?

13 of 13 (390 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments