Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 21, 2014
8:17:51 AM
Uverse Live TV -- unable to watch NBC (and other major network channels) while on home network

I'm using both the mobile app on iPad as well as the the Uverse.com website on laptop while on the Home Network .  I was hoping I could watch NBC while working, but the option wasn't available.  Specifically, the channels available started from 108 TNT and 1106 Axs TV, but nothing below that (i.e. 105 or 1005).

Thank you ahead of time for your help!

I'm using both the mobile app on iPad as well as the the Uverse.com website on laptop while on the Home Network .  I was hoping I could watch NBC while working, but the option wasn't available.  Specifically, the channels available started from 108 TNT and 1106 Axs TV, but nothing below that (i.e. 105 or 1005).

Uverse Live TV -- unable to watch NBC (and other major network channels) while on home network

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 11:04:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Feb 21, 2014 at 11:05:24 AM

2707nhermitage wrote:

Sorry but local channels will never be part of the Uverse.com  Live TV option.  U-Verse has made deals with National networks (Showtime, ESPN, BBC America and so on) but they can't make a deal with the NBC's CBS's and so on as each agreement would have to be with a local station and that would be a nightmare to do.

You could always put a Slingbox and an IR blaster on a U-Verse STB and watch it from anywhere in the world: any  channel, your DVR, VOD and so on.

2707nhermitage wrote:

Sorry but local channels will never be part of the Uverse.com  Live TV option.  U-Verse has made deals with National networks (Showtime, ESPN, BBC America and so on) but they can't make a deal with the NBC's CBS's and so on as each agreement would have to be with a local station and that would be a nightmare to do.

You could always put a Slingbox and an IR blaster on a U-Verse STB and watch it from anywhere in the world: any  channel, your DVR, VOD and so on.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse Live TV -- unable to watch NBC (and other major network channels) while on home network

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 12:28:33 PM
(0)
Master

dhascall wrote:

2707nhermitage wrote:

The Slingbox comes with it's own IR blaster to control the DVR/STB. It looks like a little pyramid that sits in front of the box.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

dhascall wrote:

2707nhermitage wrote:

The Slingbox comes with it's own IR blaster to control the DVR/STB. It looks like a little pyramid that sits in front of the box.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: Uverse Live TV -- unable to watch NBC (and other major network channels) while on home network

3 of 4 (748 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 9:57:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you all.  Slingbox it is!

Thank you all.  Slingbox it is!

4 of 4 (678 Views)