Helpful Links

Uverse Internet (Max) Gateway brand options

Uverse Internet (Max) Gateway brand options

Hello.  I just received my 3600 HGV this afternoon when I got home.  My question is, can I use a different gateway device for the Uverse Max.  Install/Activation is scheduled for tomorrow, Oct-04.  I already have a home wireless N network with so many devices already configured (smarphones, smart tvs, wii, laptops, internet media players for netflix, etc).  I just want a gateway device to connect to AT&T.  I don't want AT&T's device to replace my wireless LAN.

Is there a gateway device that I can use out there that I can buy?  How about a DLink DSL-520B?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: Uverse Internet (Max) Gateway brand options

You have to use the 3600 HGV but you can also use your own router.

Take a look at this post by SomeJoe it should help you getting it set up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Former Employee

Re: Uverse Internet (Max) Gateway brand options

Yup, I think you just need to bridge the ATT gateway and you can continue using your own device to manage your network.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support