Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 11, 2014
9:16:08 AM
View profile
Uverse INSTALLATION Screwup Back in Dec 2013
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:04:53 AM

Had a upgrade to our Uverse internet done, took over three months to actually get a Tech out here to do it, excuse after excuse after excuse.

OK, it got done finally, BUT THE TECH DIDN'T BURY THE CABLE in our backyard, said someone else would do it within 10 days, guess what, NO ONE SHOWED UP and we have a dog that we can't give free run of OUR BACKYARD that we paid for and it is getting SPRING IN TEXAS, how are we suppose to mow?

Just spent 20 on the phone waiting for ATT Uverse Installation, "Josh" answered and somehow I was IMMEDIATELY DISCONNECTED, imagine that.

WE NEED THE FREAKING CABLE BURIED!  Can a case manager help us please?

Thank You!

[word filter avoidance]

Had a upgrade to our Uverse internet done, took over three months to actually get a Tech out here to do it, excuse after excuse after excuse.

OK, it got done finally, BUT THE TECH DIDN'T BURY THE CABLE in our backyard, said someone else would do it within 10 days, guess what, NO ONE SHOWED UP and we have a dog that we can't give free run of OUR BACKYARD that we paid for and it is getting SPRING IN TEXAS, how are we suppose to mow?

Just spent 20 on the phone waiting for ATT Uverse Installation, "Josh" answered and somehow I was IMMEDIATELY DISCONNECTED, imagine that.

WE NEED THE FREAKING CABLE BURIED!  Can a case manager help us please?

Thank You!

[word filter avoidance]

Uverse INSTALLATION Screwup Back in Dec 2013

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 9:42:31 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by my thoughts on Mar 11, 2014 at 9:49:15 AM

While I cannot speak for Texas, a Uverse tech does not bury the cable but creates a ticket for cable to be buried. Burial requires a trenching machine and possible boring if needing to go under sidewalk, drive way, patio, etc. all done by a local contractor.

In Wisconsin, I have several cables laying in snow with orange tags, some since December 2013. After the snow is gone and the ground is unfozen an outside contractor will bury the cables, based on work load, and order placement expect some (recent install / repair) will not be done till May.
Normal burial time is one to two weeks during summer, fall months.

For those cutting grass, need to work around cable or cut and be out of service till a uverse tech comes out to place another temporary cable, creating another ticket and waiting for burial crew.

In Wisconsin we finally had a day (march 10th) above freezing the lakes are still iced over, ice fishing still happening, and night time temps still below freezing.

Can try calling, chat or PMing to verify burial ticket was created.
If not in system, a premise tech will be dispatched to create ticket as requires certain information that can only be obtained at site. Completion date will be determined by contractor used in your area.

While I cannot speak for Texas, a Uverse tech does not bury the cable but creates a ticket for cable to be buried. Burial requires a trenching machine and possible boring if needing to go under sidewalk, drive way, patio, etc. all done by a local contractor.

In Wisconsin, I have several cables laying in snow with orange tags, some since December 2013. After the snow is gone and the ground is unfozen an outside contractor will bury the cables, based on work load, and order placement expect some (recent install / repair) will not be done till May.
Normal burial time is one to two weeks during summer, fall months.

For those cutting grass, need to work around cable or cut and be out of service till a uverse tech comes out to place another temporary cable, creating another ticket and waiting for burial crew.

In Wisconsin we finally had a day (march 10th) above freezing the lakes are still iced over, ice fishing still happening, and night time temps still below freezing.

Can try calling, chat or PMing to verify burial ticket was created.
If not in system, a premise tech will be dispatched to create ticket as requires certain information that can only be obtained at site. Completion date will be determined by contractor used in your area.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Uverse INSTALLATION Screwup Back in Dec 2013

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 9:53:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

Uh, NO, I don't think any of what you said is acceptable to me, Mr. ATT employee, I PAY for my service and it is not cheap, 3 months is total B*S to wait and I don't live in Wisconsin, there is no snow or ice on the ground, it is in our BACK YARD, did you miss that part of my opening post, there are not side walks to work around and your advice to work around the cable or cut it and do without service until ATT decides they want TO DO THEIR JOB is one of the HUGE PROBLEMS with your company now, TOTAL, UNMITIGATED ARROGANCE.

Is a CASE MANAGER going to contact me please?

Uh, NO, I don't think any of what you said is acceptable to me, Mr. ATT employee, I PAY for my service and it is not cheap, 3 months is total B*S to wait and I don't live in Wisconsin, there is no snow or ice on the ground, it is in our BACK YARD, did you miss that part of my opening post, there are not side walks to work around and your advice to work around the cable or cut it and do without service until ATT decides they want TO DO THEIR JOB is one of the HUGE PROBLEMS with your company now, TOTAL, UNMITIGATED ARROGANCE.

Is a CASE MANAGER going to contact me please?

3 of 8 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 10:14:22 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:18:02 AM

Did you send a PM to customer care with your information. Normal response time to a PM is two business days.

I am an AT&T employee who volunteers on my own time (not paid) to offer help and suggestions based on my experience. Most all other posters here are individuals as customers who share based on their experiences. This forum is not a direct line of communication to support but is monitiored and may receive a request to PM an individual as opposed to general group.such as found here http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/Order-Issues-Order-confirmed-over-Phone-bu...

What I saw was " BUT THE [word filter avoidance] TECH DIDN'T BURY THE CABLE",and that is not a part of his/her job,nor are we provided with a trenching unit. My advice still is call, chat or PM to verify a buried request has been made, if a ticket does not exist a Uverse tech will be dispatched to verify information, create a bury request, which then is sent to local company contracted for services.

Did you send a PM to customer care with your information. Normal response time to a PM is two business days.

I am an AT&T employee who volunteers on my own time (not paid) to offer help and suggestions based on my experience. Most all other posters here are individuals as customers who share based on their experiences. This forum is not a direct line of communication to support but is monitiored and may receive a request to PM an individual as opposed to general group.such as found here http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/Order-Issues-Order-confirmed-over-Phone-but-not-reflected-in-the/m-p/3913480#M23632

What I saw was " BUT THE [word filter avoidance] TECH DIDN'T BURY THE CABLE",and that is not a part of his/her job,nor are we provided with a trenching unit. My advice still is call, chat or PM to verify a buried request has been made, if a ticket does not exist a Uverse tech will be dispatched to verify information, create a bury request, which then is sent to local company contracted for services.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 10:15:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you want some official response, please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or so.

Speed up resolution by providing them with your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to contact you.

This is a public forum and my thoughts was providing general information not specific to your situation and did so not in any official capacity with AT&T.  Other AT&T employees do monitor these threads (as do the Lithium moderators to be sure that guidelines are followed), but PMing is the best way to get a personalized response, so that you can exchange privileged information (such as account numbers and personal phone numbers).

If you want some official response, please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or so.

Speed up resolution by providing them with your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to contact you.

This is a public forum and my thoughts was providing general information not specific to your situation and did so not in any official capacity with AT&T.  Other AT&T employees do monitor these threads (as do the Lithium moderators to be sure that guidelines are followed), but PMing is the best way to get a personalized response, so that you can exchange privileged information (such as account numbers and personal phone numbers).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 11:00:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks JefferMC, that is exactly what I was looking for.  People giving me their opinions, whatever, does nothing to solve my problem for me.  I appreciate your input greatly.

Thanks JefferMC, that is exactly what I was looking for.  People giving me their opinions, whatever, does nothing to solve my problem for me.  I appreciate your input greatly.

6 of 8 (304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 10:22:30 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi cl76179,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you on this issue.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi cl76179,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you on this issue.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

7 of 8 (252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 6:14:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thank You, David T.  My cable has been buried in my backyard, I am very satisfied with the extremely quick resolution you got for me to my issue.

Thanks Again and have a HAPPY SPRING / SUMMER!  : )

Thank You, David T.  My cable has been buried in my backyard, I am very satisfied with the extremely quick resolution you got for me to my issue.

Thanks Again and have a HAPPY SPRING / SUMMER!  : )

8 of 8 (177 Views)