Uverse Email password keeps changing by itself??

Teacher

Uverse Email password keeps changing by itself??

[ Edited ]

Hey gang-

I'm trying to help my mother-in-law with a Uverse email problem, which means it's my email problem since I'm the family tech support guy! Smiley Sad

About 6 months ago she switched from ATT (Bellsouth) DSL to ATT Uverse Internet and Voice.   She kept and uses her original @bellsouth.net email address.   This is also her ATT user ID.   This all worked fine initially.

For some reason though, about every month, her email password is no longer recognized and we have to reset it.   This occurs whether she tries to access her email via webmail at www.att.net or www.att.yahoo.com or via a POP email client.

Last month when we reset her password we were concerned that her account may have been hacked, so we reset her password with a very complex one.   I've checked to make sure she is entering it correctly, but no help.   Two days ago her password was again no longer recognized and it is still that way today.

I'm not even sure where to begin with this.

I can reset her password right now- that's not the problem.   The problem is that this keeps happening.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (494 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Uverse Email password keeps changing by itself??

Kupe - If you cannot make att e-mail work switch over to gmail. Open a gmeil account & download all the att stuff. Then set the att account to forward new mail to the gmail account. THen you will hardly ever have to access the att account.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (483 Views)
Teacher

aviewer wrote:
Kupe - If you cannot make att e-mail work switch over to gmail. Open a gmeil account & download all the att stuff. Then set the att account to forward new mail to the gmail account. THen you will hardly ever have to access the att account.

Thanks- I guess I can save that as the "nuclear" option.   But the password lockouts also keep her from logging into www.att.net to manage her account.   So really I feel I need to get to the bottom of why and how her password keeps changing.   Again, all this happened after she switched from ATT DSL to ATT Uverse.

Stumped,

Kupe

Message 3 of 5 (469 Views)
ACE - Expert

Kupe - Yeah, I understand that. But, it is possible if you could keep her away from the e-mail side the password may not change. You could try it while you are trying to get to the bottom of it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (462 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I constantly have to go back to myat&t login and have to answer my security questions to change my password back to what it was.  Apparently I'm not the only one having this strange problem.  There has to be a better option than the "nuclear" one.

Message 5 of 5 (345 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.